GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Fri. Mar. 4, 2011

+16
spader
stempniaksen
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
dennycrane
Ev
NEELY
rooneypoo
LethalLehner
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Coutesy of Mendes today... check this sobering stat...

Anderson's 1st 6 games w/ OTT: 4-2-0, 1.16 GAA, .966 save pct. Last 16 games w/ COL: 3-11-1, 3.63 GAA, .885 save pct. (Courtesy Elias)

http://twitter.com/#!/ian_mendes/status/43664655289294848

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

As far as nicknames go, I would just try and settle for Craig "The Matrix" Anderson.

And the stats you provided Shabbs, well Anderson's already won more games than he did in his last 16 with Colorado, and he did in to 6 games. If he lost 10 straight in regulation, he would still have one more win, and albeit one more reg. loss, but if he continued to play as he is now, his stats would still be very good. I see no reason to worry. (Other than finishing 9th in the league Razz)

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll give you all a head start for when you all decide to blame him for losses.

Andersieve

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
It's a very common last name haha.

and oh, I haven't seen that movie

You have got to be kidding. Matrix

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Who the hell hasn't seen the matrix...? I don't even like the films and I've seen them a dozen times each.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Or Curtis Mcasdlfjawelfeelqwfdljadslfjasodfijefalkfdjaldsjfalfawejlfaewlfjalwejfady.

Tee hee, I've done that a couple of times.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll admit to being concerned about Anderson screwing with our draft pick, but the good news is that Larsson's a slam dunk to go in the top 2, so that's one team + 1 guy out of the running where we don't necessarily care that much. I think the teams we're battling with for the last spots will be looking at RNH or Couturier, so if Landeskog falls to 4th, no harm, no foul.

The other thing is Anderson not signing yet. Every second that goes by he must be looking at a place like Tampa Bay and thinking about that. Especially with his house in Florida already + the chance of them being Cup contenders immediately. I heard he said that Ottawa was the only non-contender he'd consider signing with - did anyone else hear that?

Every day that goes by, he's more apt to try the market - and that's starting to make me a little nervous. All of this winning and messing up our draft position would be for nothing.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll admit to being concerned about Anderson screwing with our draft pick, but the good news is that Larsson's a slam dunk to go in the top 2, so that's one team + 1 guy out of the running where we don't necessarily care that much. I think the teams we're battling with for the last spots will be looking at RNH or Couturier, so if Landeskog falls to 4th, no harm, no foul.

The other thing is Anderson not signing yet. Every second that goes by he must be looking at a place like Tampa Bay and thinking about that. Especially with his house in Florida already + the chance of them being Cup contenders immediately. I heard he said that Ottawa was the only non-contender he'd consider signing with - did anyone else hear that?

Every day that goes by, he's more apt to try the market - and that's starting to make me a little nervous. All of this winning and messing up our draft position would be for nothing.

Seriously, Ottawa has 6 games left against Tampa, NJ, and Boston. Those are pretty much losses before stepping onto the ice, the majority being on the road none the less. They also play NYR who is playing for their lives, Buffalo, Toronto, Carolina as well. The 2nd of the back to back in Florida is the hardest game to play in The NHL, MTL isn't a push over, neither is Pitt or Phi.

Ottawa has an extremely hard schedule to finish off the season and most of it is on the road. The very very very best case scenario with Ottawa getting all the breaks would be to go something like 10-8, AT BEST. That's not even good enough to catch a Colorado and probably not NYI at this point.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We will lose to Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, TB, Montreal, New Jersey, etc, etc. Anderson may keep us in the game, but it will be like the loss to Buffalo last week

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Seriously, Ottawa has 6 games left against Tampa, NJ, and Boston. Those are pretty much losses before stepping onto the ice, the majority being on the road non the less. They also play NYR who is playing for their lives, Buffalo, Toronto, Carolina as well. The 2nd of the back to back in Florida is the hardest game to play in The NHL, MTL isn't a push over, neither is Pitt or Phi.

Ottawa has an extremely hard schedule to finish off the season and most of it is on the road. The very very very best case scenario with Ottawa getting all the break would be to go something like 10-8, AT BEST. That's not even good enough to catch a Colorado and probably not NYI at this point.

That's exactly my personal worry. If we go 10-8, we'll pass the Isles IMO, Colorado will be right there and Florida will be behind us. Colorado is the saddest bunch right now, it's embarrassing, but it still doesn't compare to the Panthers who absolutely suck right now.

I'm sure people are right, I'm sure we'll be fine, but if we end up with 5th overall after all this...it'll be a slight disaster IMO.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Curtis M. as it were? I guess we'll see if they change their mind or not.
Is there another Curtis on the Sens roster right now?

Wink

Just trying to encourage the use of Curtis M. to avoid all the Mchenny, Mclnerdy Mcklwhathisface misspellings. Curtis works well though Smile

My wife and I call him Mac-n-cheese

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:We will lose to Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, TB, Montreal, New Jersey, etc, etc. Anderson may keep us in the game, but it will be like the loss to Buffalo last week

I'll take that bet. Philly doesn't beat Ottawa at home, ever. Doesn't matter how good or bad either team is.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We will lose to Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, TB, Montreal, New Jersey, etc, etc. Anderson may keep us in the game, but it will be like the loss to Buffalo last week

I'll take that bet. Philly doesn't beat Ottawa at home, ever. Doesn't matter how good or bad either team is.

Meh, I think Philly beats us the other day if Pronger is in the lineup (or if they didn't look down on us). They wil not want to get emabrassed again.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Seriously, Ottawa has 6 games left against Tampa, NJ, and Boston. Those are pretty much losses before stepping onto the ice, the majority being on the road non the less. They also play NYR who is playing for their lives, Buffalo, Toronto, Carolina as well. The 2nd of the back to back in Florida is the hardest game to play in The NHL, MTL isn't a push over, neither is Pitt or Phi.

Ottawa has an extremely hard schedule to finish off the season and most of it is on the road. The very very very best case scenario with Ottawa getting all the break would be to go something like 10-8, AT BEST. That's not even good enough to catch a Colorado and probably not NYI at this point.

That's exactly my personal worry. If we go 10-8, we'll pass the Isles IMO, Colorado will be right there and Florida will be behind us. Colorado is the saddest bunch right now, it's embarrassing, but it still doesn't compare to the Panthers who absolutely suck right now.

I'm sure people are right, I'm sure we'll be fine, but if we end up with 5th overall after all this...it'll be a slight disaster IMO.

The Sens are not going to play above 500 hockey being on the road most of the month while playing A) The hottest team in The NHL right now in NJ (2 times). B) A Tampa team that is head and shoulders better than Ottawa (3 times) C) Boston who owns The Sens no matter the year D) 4 teams fighting for their lives to get into the playoffs (TOR, BUF, CAR, NYR). The other remaining include MTL, PHI, PITT WAS. Ottawa is not going to play 500 hockey. 10-8 is being beyond optimistic or pesimistic depending on what you are cheering for.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Meh, I think Philly beats us the other day if Pronger is in the lineup (or if they didn't look down on us). They wil not want to get emabrassed again.

Either way, Ottawa is not getting out of this stretch of games with an above 500 record. I think they grab 12-14 points out of the last 18. That would mean Florida has to get less than 10 points in their last 18 games and Colorado less than 9... don't see that happening for either team really... FLA might be able to crack that with some bad luck which they seem to have.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:The Sens are not going to play above 500 hockey being on the road most of the month while playing A) The hottest team in The NHL right now in NJ (2 times). B) A Tampa team that is head and shoulders better than Ottawa (3 times) C) Boston who owns The Sens no matter the year D) 4 teams fighting for their lives to get into the playoffs (TOR, BUF, CAR, NYR). The other remaining include MTL, PHI, PITT WAS. Ottawa is not going to play 500 hockey. 10-8 is being beyond optimistic or pesimistic depending on what you are cheering for.

Good because reading that article on Landeskog in the Citizen made me want that guy even more on this team.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My only concern is Versage is gushing over him much like he did with Kadri. Wink

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:The Sens are not going to play above 500 hockey being on the road most of the month while playing A) The hottest team in The NHL right now in NJ (2 times). B) A Tampa team that is head and shoulders better than Ottawa (3 times) C) Boston who owns The Sens no matter the year D) 4 teams fighting for their lives to get into the playoffs (TOR, BUF, CAR, NYR). The other remaining include MTL, PHI, PITT WAS. Ottawa is not going to play 500 hockey. 10-8 is being beyond optimistic or pesimistic depending on what you are cheering for.

Good because reading that article on Landeskog in the Citizen made me want that guy even more on this team.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Swedish+real+deal/4380825/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum