GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Fri. Mar. 4, 2011

+16
spader
stempniaksen
tim1_2
SensHulk
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
dennycrane
Ev
NEELY
rooneypoo
LethalLehner
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:The Sens are not going to play above 500 hockey being on the road most of the month while playing A) The hottest team in The NHL right now in NJ (2 times). B) A Tampa team that is head and shoulders better than Ottawa (3 times) C) Boston who owns The Sens no matter the year D) 4 teams fighting for their lives to get into the playoffs (TOR, BUF, CAR, NYR). The other remaining include MTL, PHI, PITT WAS. Ottawa is not going to play 500 hockey. 10-8 is being beyond optimistic or pesimistic depending on what you are cheering for.

Good because reading that article on Landeskog in the Citizen made me want that guy even more on this team.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My only concern is Versage is gushing over him much like he did with Kadri. Wink

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:The Sens are not going to play above 500 hockey being on the road most of the month while playing A) The hottest team in The NHL right now in NJ (2 times). B) A Tampa team that is head and shoulders better than Ottawa (3 times) C) Boston who owns The Sens no matter the year D) 4 teams fighting for their lives to get into the playoffs (TOR, BUF, CAR, NYR). The other remaining include MTL, PHI, PITT WAS. Ottawa is not going to play 500 hockey. 10-8 is being beyond optimistic or pesimistic depending on what you are cheering for.

Good because reading that article on Landeskog in the Citizen made me want that guy even more on this team.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Swedish+real+deal/4380825/story.html?cid=megadrop_story

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think Ottawa will get Landeskog even if it means giving up pick(s) to move up 1 or 2 spots. We'll see though but Ottawa does indeed have a tough road ahead of them to get out of the basement and tonight will be no diff with NYR being desperate and coming off a loss.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I would be surprised if anderson is NOT starting the remainder of the games (save for 1 or two).

People forget that Cory Clouston is fighting for a job for next season. The more his team wins, the better he looks as well. and its a win-win for him and anderson if anderson plays the game. Anderson is single handedly giving the sens a chance to win every game. Whether clouston gets extended here, or winds up somewhere else, he has no stake in the first round pick so why wouldn't he keep playing anderson?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Curtis M. as it were? I guess we'll see if they change their mind or not.
Is there another Curtis on the Sens roster right now?

Wink

Just trying to encourage the use of Curtis M. to avoid all the Mchenny, Mclnerdy Mcklwhathisface misspellings. Curtis works well though Smile

My wife and I call him Mac-n-cheese
This, I like.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who knows, the Sens might have Couturier ranked over Landeskog

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:Who knows, the Sens might have Couturier ranked over Landeskog

No chance. Everyone knows how Murray drafts and the players he drafts. Landeskog is probably ranked ahead of Larsson based on Dorion thinking that he isn't ready to come over. They have given suttle hints who they have at number 1 and I would be you Landeskog is number 1.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Little Bobby B: Greatest Beach Boys song ever?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:I think Ottawa will get Landeskog even if it means giving up pick(s) to move up 1 or 2 spots. We'll see though but Ottawa does indeed have a tough road ahead of them to get out of the basement and tonight will be no diff with NYR being desperate and coming off a loss.

I'd rather not sacrifice picks to do it, but if it needs to be done, then I think we'll have to do it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We will lose to Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, TB, Montreal, New Jersey, etc, etc. Anderson may keep us in the game, but it will be like the loss to Buffalo last week

I'll take that bet. Philly doesn't beat Ottawa at home, ever. Doesn't matter how good or bad either team is.

Meh, I think Philly beats us the other day if Pronger is in the lineup (or if they didn't look down on us). They wil not want to get emabrassed again.

Philly is 5-5 their last 10, ignoring OTLs; two of those 5 wins came in OT (against the Islanders, of all teams) and SO. There is a pretty good possibility that Philly has peaked too early. If they don't get it back before the playoffs start, they might need great goaltending just to survive the first round.

It's happened before (to continue on the Matrix theme started in another thread).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Other teams that peaked too early: Detroit and Vancouver.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

In case anyone missed it, Anderson does indeed start again. No lineup changes.

http://twitter.com/#!/ScottMacArthur/status/43713600346521602

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens lines tonight:

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Foligno-Z. Smith-Neil
Condra-Shannon-Svatos
Potulny-Winchester-Lessard

Phillips-Lee
Kuba-Karlsson
D. Smith-Gonchar

Anderson

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's as if they're trying to... win! Ohnoes!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rangers lines tonight:

Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello
Anisimov-Dubinsky-Callahan
Prospal-Christensen-Avery
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McCabe-Gilroy
Eminger-Sauer

Lundqvist

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Who knows, the Sens might have Couturier ranked over Landeskog

No chance. Everyone knows how Murray drafts and the players he drafts. Landeskog is probably ranked ahead of Larsson based on Dorion thinking that he isn't ready to come over. They have given suttle hints who they have at number 1 and I would be you Landeskog is number 1.

I actually remember reading somwhere that the Sens scouts had Larsson as their #1 guy (although I believe it was speculation).

I think based on comments about their pick being in the lineup next year that their top-three is some order of Larsson, LAndeskog and Couturier.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well Dorion said that the guy they pick with their 1st rounder will step in next year, he then said Larsson is not ready in his opinion. I'll bet you if they have the 1st overall they draft Landeskog.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum