GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+31
Oglethorpe
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
SensFan71
dennycrane
sandysensfan
22_4_ever
stempniaksen
SDH89
The Silfer Server
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hoags
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
spader
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
CockRoche
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Nashville's about to beat the Blue Jackets. With 1:35 left in the 3rd, with the game tied, Weber gets a pass out of the box, sets up Erat for a one-timer and Garon kicks a rebound out to Legwand who roofs it.

Weird ending. With just under 6 seconds left, Umberger accidentally collided with Weber at the end boards and Weber lacerated his head on the rail. Weber was infuriated and was supposed to leave the ice because he was bleeding. Yet he stayed for the remainder and he took his aggression out on Tyutin infront of the net, sending him to the ice with a cross-check. Ttyutin got up and the scuffled and Weber got his mits or stick up and hit Tyutin in the head. Might be facing some punishment.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Leafs leading the Thrashers 2-0 nearing the end of the 1st.

Dash wrote:Nashville's about to beat the Blue Jackets. With 1:35 left in the 3rd, with the game tied, Weber gets a pass out of the box, sets up Erat for a one-timer and Garon kicks a rebound out to Legwand who roofs it.

Weird ending. With just under 6 seconds left, Umberger accidentally collided with Weber at the end boards and Weber lacerated his head on the rail. Weber was infuriated and was supposed to leave the ice because he was bleeding. Yet he stayed for the remainder and he took his aggression out on Tyutin infront of the net, sending him to the ice with a cross-check. Ttyutin got up and the scuffled and Weber got his mits or stick up and hit Tyutin in the head. Might be facing some punishment.

Balls. I'm cheering for Nashville to lose as much as I am for Ottawa to lose. Laugh1

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Premature, but TSN's panel have made their predictions for the 2014 Winter Olympic Mens Hockey team... 3 years in advance. This comes one year after Crosby scored the "Golden Goal"...

Sidney Crosby
Patrice Bergeron
Rick Nash
Mike Richards
Eric Staal
Jonathan Toews
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Steven Stamkos
Jeff Carter
Claude Giroux
Jordan Staal
Taylor Hall

Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith
Shea Weber
Marc Staal
Tyler Myers
PK Subban
Kris Letang

Marc-Andre Fleury
Carey Price
Cam Ward

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Would be nice to see the Oil beat the Bruins tonight... close the gap at the bottom there...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Premature, but TSN's panel have made their predictions for the 2014 Winter Olympic Mens Hockey team... 3 years in advance. This comes one year after Crosby scored the "Golden Goal"...

Sidney Crosby
Patrice Bergeron
Rick Nash
Mike Richards
Eric Staal
Jonathan Toews
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Steven Stamkos
Jeff Carter
Claude Giroux
Jordan Staal
Taylor Hall

Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith
Shea Weber
Marc Staal
Tyler Myers
PK Subban
Kris Letang

Marc-Andre Fleury
Carey Price
Cam Ward

Diminished role for Dany Heatley!?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Age probably... none of the SJ trio are on their.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Age probably... none of the SJ trio are on their.

I prefer to think of it as a diminished role because he's lost the midas touch - which is/was Alfredsson in his prime.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SJ has extended Niemi for 4 years - the word is it's 4 million per year - which is ludicrous. There goes anything less than 4 for Anderson I'm sure. Friggin Sharks have NO clue what they're doing, hey, did you see Howard got 2.25 per year? Why didn't YOU do the same good work?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:SJ has extended Niemi for 4 years - the word is it's 4 million per year - which is ludicrous. There goes anything less than 4 for Anderson I'm sure. Friggin Sharks have NO clue what they're doing, hey, did you see Howard got 2.25 per year? Why didn't YOU do the same good work?

He has a cup ring though, I'm still willing to bet we get Anderson under wraps for $3 - $3.5 million on a 2-3 year deal before July 1st.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think 3 years min for Anderson. Gotta give him a little security.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:SJ has extended Niemi for 4 years - the word is it's 4 million per year - which is ludicrous. There goes anything less than 4 for Anderson I'm sure. Friggin Sharks have NO clue what they're doing, hey, did you see Howard got 2.25 per year? Why didn't YOU do the same good work?

LOL I expect Anderson to request something around 3.5, I think Niemi's cup ring gives him an edge in terms of $$$ (in his agent's eyes anyway). I think Halak got something between 3.5 and 4.

I'd say 3 years minimum for him, he already turned down a 2 year deal.

I'd also love to know what crystal everyone is looking into that says Lehner will be guaranteed to be ready within 2 years.

Lehner should be up with the Sens in Anderson's final year and take the #1 job from him(if he can), he shouldn't have it handed to him by any means.

Just like he has to take the #1 job from Brust in Bingo.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

3.8 million per Pierre Lebrun. A little high but Niemi has been solid and he is a winner. Anderson has the Sens over more of a barrel but he clearly does not have the track record. Bet here is 4 years @ 3.5, which I would likely do as the GM.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:3.8 million per Pierre Lebrun. A little high but Niemi has been solid and he is a winner. Anderson has the Sens over more of a barrel but he clearly does not have the track record. Bet here is 4 years @ 3.5, which I would likely do as the GM.

I don't think it would be that much per year but right now Murray has the ability to put a lot of money towards a goaltender. He will come in around 3 mil per year like everyone expects. 3.5 is getting a little high.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

14 guys signed for 51.8M. The only signing that could be tough is Setoguchi, .33 goals per game over his career, which is about 27 per year average. He will be getting a nice raise from his 1.8M either through arbitration or re-signing early.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
LOL I expect Anderson to request something around 3.5, I think Niemi's cup ring gives him an edge in terms of $$$ (in his agent's eyes anyway). I think Halak got something between 3.5 and 4.

I'd say 3 years minimum for him, he already turned down a 2 year deal.

I'd also love to know what crystal everyone is looking into that says Lehner will be guaranteed to be ready within 2 years.

Lehner should be up with the Sens in Anderson's final year and take the #1 job from him(if he can), he shouldn't have it handed to him by any means.

Just like he has to take the #1 job from Brust in Bingo.

I would never argue with that, there's no rush at all with Lehner. He's 19, he needs to spend 2 more years in the AHL working on everything, then a year backing up Anderson at least. It doesn't matter if he lights the AHL on fire, there's a lot to learn IMO, young goalie always hit a brick wall if they're brought up too quick. This is another reason I LOVE the Anderson move - it means that we're not gonna rely on a 19 year old in front of a rookie D next year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:14 guys signed for 51.8M. The only signing that could be tough is Setoguchi, .33 goals per game over his career, which is about 27 per year average. He will be getting a nice raise from his 1.8M either through arbitration or re-signing early.

They could try to trade Dany Heatley. Laughing3

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:14 guys signed for 51.8M. The only signing that could be tough is Setoguchi, .33 goals per game over his career, which is about 27 per year average. He will be getting a nice raise from his 1.8M either through arbitration or re-signing early.

They could try to trade Dany Heatley. Laughing3

The 30ish goal man?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum