GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 66]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So the reality is Fletcher will have to create some cap flexibility. Not everybody can come back. There will be trades, potential buyouts, etc. As I reported in today’s newspaper, Dany Heatley can’t be bought out because he is as of now deemed an “injured player.” He is doing well in his rehab and expected to be ready by training camp Quote: Fletcher says he’s been talking to anyone and everyone. It really wouldn’t shock me if Clutterbuck were to be traded. He’s got value and has an expiring contract. I hear the Wild’s been actively looking to trade Zenon Konopka. I also think if you do the math, if Tom Gilbert isn’t traded, my gut says he will be a compliance buyout just because it’s an easy way to get $4 million in flexibility. wrote:

Per Michael Russo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

lol at Heatley not being able to be bought out. And Clutterbuck will be very popular.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Carolina open to trading the 5th overall as well as 'former untouchable' players. Hmmm...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

When was the last time a top 5 pick was traded for any short term fix?  Would have to take a serious offer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would assume so, yeah.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Couture's contract extension is 5 yrs, $6M per. Comes into effect after next season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Couture's contract extension is 5 yrs, $6M per.  Comes into effect after next season.

For that kind of loot, I thought there'd be more term, but still nice to have a young stud like that locked up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

6 years, 4.167 per year for Voynov in LA. Very nice deal for both parties.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Per Michael Russo

========================

I read somewhere else.. that there is also a short buyout window around arbitration.  But that means one of the Wild's RFA's with arbitration rights has to file for it or the team does... to get the buyout option for Heatley... they think he will be healthy by then.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sandy, please stop doing what you're doing. Just use the non-wysiwyg editing option until this is fixed. I keep going around fixing all those posts (not just yours) but it's really simple to keep this from happening. Just click on the "Switch Editor Mode" icon (the last one, you see its name if you hover over it) and then you can put your text *after* the closing quote tag.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or you can use the non-wysiwyg mode to start your reply, then switch back (when there's already text after the closing quote tag it lets you cursor to it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Or you can use the non-wysiwyg mode to start your reply, then switch back (when there's already text after the closing quote tag it lets you cursor to it.

Neat.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Bryzgalov's agent said that Holmgren told him he wasn't being bought out after the Cup Final.  I believe compliance buyouts are available next year, too.  So they're taking a wait-and-see attitude, see who is available.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And then Holmgren goes: I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. We will do whatever is best for our team.

Bobby got to him.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/sources-flyers-interested-deal-ducks-ryan

I'll just leave this here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 66]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum