GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
DirtyDave
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
sandysensfan
tim1_2
NEELY
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 66]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Bryzgalov's agent said that Holmgren told him he wasn't being bought out after the Cup Final.  I believe compliance buyouts are available next year, too.  So they're taking a wait-and-see attitude, see who is available.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

And then Holmgren goes: I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. We will do whatever is best for our team.

Bobby got to him.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/sources-flyers-interested-deal-ducks-ryan

I'll just leave this here.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anything being said about Philly other than Briere won't be back is BS at this point.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently avalanche are not interested in taking Seth Jones.  Want a forward, likely Mackinnon

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425825

NEELY

Mod
Mod

BULLLLLLLLLLL s*** they aren't.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacKinnon is the pick

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Apparently avalanche are not interested in taking Seth Jones.  Want a forward, likely Mackinnon

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425825

I guess Sakic came out to say this so there wasn't disappoint in Denver when the Avs don't take the hometown kid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/sources-flyers-interested-deal-ducks-ryan

That has to be the weirdest run franchise in the last decade. It's run like a video game.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/sources-flyers-interested-deal-ducks-ryan

That has to be the weirdest run franchise in the last decade.  It's run like a video game.

Seriously. This is basically how I play the NHL games. Wholesale changes every off season. No one is safe (mostly because the salary demands get crazy in those games).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You have to admire that the Flyers are willing to try pretty much anything, and aren't afraid of making bold moves...that said, the Streit signing was pretty silly and will likely only hurt them in the long run.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:You have to admire that the Flyers are willing to try pretty much anything, and aren't afraid of making bold moves...that said, the Streit signing was pretty silly and will likely only hurt them in the long run.

But we've all learned - as armchair GMS - that you don't just buy every available free agent, or trade for every Tom, Richard and Harry. You build your team through shrewd drafting, let them gel, then you add.

I mean...what's with their blueline? What a mish mash of players. Timonen is excellent, fair enough, Coburn is good too, but after that you have a pile of Dung that you throw at the wall and hope it sticks. Streit? Sure, okay. Grossman? He's okay. Mez is habitually injured and I never really liked his game post Ottawa anyway. Schenn is serviceable as a glorified 2nd pairing D I guess.

It's a mish mash! And don't even go into the goaltending, what a joke. The forwards are the one bright spot - and again, they feel like a mish mash as well. Just jam as many players as you can into the top 9 and hope it all plays out well.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:You have to admire that the Flyers are willing to try pretty much anything, and aren't afraid of making bold moves...that said, the Streit signing was pretty silly and will likely only hurt them in the long run.

Not sure why I should admire an organization who changes the locker room's culture and chemistry every off-season

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How many Cups did "the status quo" win us here again?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:How many Cups did "the status quo" win us here again?

That question would make so much more sense if Holmgren's Flyers had a Cup.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:How many Cups did "the status quo" win us here again?

That question would make so much more sense if Holmgren's Flyers had a Cup.

...and we only got back on track when we made fairly significant changes. The fact is that the Flyers are continuing to try different things until they find the right combo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Enroth signed to 2 year extension with Buffalo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sharks re-sign Raffi Torres.

3 year deal.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum