GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+31
Oglethorpe
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
SensFan71
dennycrane
sandysensfan
22_4_ever
stempniaksen
SDH89
The Silfer Server
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hoags
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
spader
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
CockRoche
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Where did you find this conversation? I want to see the start of it before I chime in as well.

How far back do I have to go? I couldn't find it.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Dash wrote:Would leave Ottawa with some voids to fill though. Leclaire is injured, Elliott would be the only goalie in the NHL, Lehner would have to go to the AHL, and Brodeur would either have to play in the N or the A. Sens would have to sign or call up a goalie from a lower league.

Why not sign him for the rest of the year then, just to protect your property?

Don't we still have Chiodo and what's his face? Either way you call up a guy from the ECHL and you have Mike Brodeur and ?? play in Bingo for the balance of the season. What ever guarantees Brust is not back next season is best.

That's ridiculous. We have almost no goaltending depth, and you think that the only possible course of action is to ensure that we keep things that way? I couldn't disagree more. If your point is that Brust is messing with Lehner's development (as you say in your earlier post) by playing too well, then I think you need to reconsider your position.

From what I read now, I agree 100% with Spader.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I was just speculating that the Isles could potentially sign Brust, which would rape Ottawa's goaltending, which is really shallow as is. But they seemingly addressed that adding Montoya.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Holy Moly.... this game is crazy between BOS and MTL.... 7-5 now for Bruins, but they had a PP goal waved off after Ryder scored, but Marchand was shoved into Price, so it was called goalie interference. But Ryder just scored again, this time it counts. Also came on the PP. His 2nd goal.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

"Apoplectic". Please shut up Pierre McGuire.

There is a reason I don't watch hockey games on TSN all that often; and by you using that word during a live broadcast, you proved my reasons are wise. You made me switch back to the San Jose/Columbus game.

Ottawa starts in 2 minutes anyway, but that is 2 minutes I don't have to hear you.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Where did you find this conversation? I want to see the start of it before I chime in as well.

How far back do I have to go? I couldn't find it.

Page 4 of this thread.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Boston beats Montreal 8-6. Ahhhhh!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Boston beats Montreal 8-6. Ahhhhh!

good. fuck the habs. they need to realize immediately that they need kovalev to salvage the season

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
spader wrote:Boston beats Montreal 8-6. Ahhhhh!

good. fuck the habs. they need to realize immediately that they need kovalev to salvage the season

Haha.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:On second thought, I didn't see Jordo's comment. But I still probably wouldn't trade Rundblad for Strome/Huberdeau/Hamilton.

I wouldn't either. I would trade Rundblad for a 1st if we could draft RNH, Couturier, or Landeskog. Like if we picked 1st and Boston was picking 4th.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if a team that could make a push in the playoffs would give us their first for Kovalev and our 3rd.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:I wonder if a team that could make a push in the playoffs would give us their first for Kovalev and our 3rd.

Why would they do that when they can just give the Sens a 3rd? That way, they can keep their own 1st.

I know in your offer the 3rd gives them something to show for the trade when Kovalev leaves via the free agent route; but teams don't really like giving up 1st's all that often.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I wonder if a team that could make a push in the playoffs would give us their first for Kovalev and our 3rd.

Why would they do that when they can just give the Sens a 3rd? That way, they can keep their own 1st.

I know in your offer the 3rd gives them something to show for the trade when Kovalev leaves via the free agent route; but teams don't really like giving up 1st's all that often.

I just figured a team needing a little more offensive spark, that will likely go far, is only losing about 35 spots in the draft.

And I have feeling kovy might fetch a 2nd or 3rd and decent (not blue chip) prospect.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

I just figured a team needing a little more offensive spark, that will likely go far, is only losing about 35 spots in the draft.

And I have feeling kovy might fetch a 2nd or 3rd and decent (not blue chip) prospect.

Good call. I never thought of it like that actually, but I still see teams 1st's as too valuable to give up for a rental of Kovalev's reputation; from a PR perspective.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Montreal is going to be in tough tomorrow today against the Islanders.

Playing on back-to-back nights after a game like the one they had against the Bruins is not easy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:Montreal is going to be in tough tomorrow today against the Islanders.

Playing on back-to-back nights after a game like the one they had against the Bruins is not easy.

Dude. It's the Islanders. Laugh1

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who will the Isles start in net? Snow? Goalie coach Mike Dunham?

EDIT: Whoops, missed the Montoya trade.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:Montreal is going to be in tough tomorrow today against the Islanders.

GO ISLES!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum