GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+14
Hobiesens
sandysensfan
dennycrane
spader
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
Hoags
LeCaptain
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate guys who hot dog with big, long celebrations. Soured on Yakupov immediately after seeing that. Look no further than Zibanejad and Silfverberg for mature, professional celebrations. I guess it depends on the goal you score, but not a fan of the 'skating to center ice on my knees' celly.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Meh. I'm cool with it. They should ban staged fighting if anything.

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I hate guys who hot dog with big, long celebrations. Soured on Yakupov immediately after seeing that. Look no further than Zibanejad and Silfverberg for mature, professional celebrations. I guess it depends on the goal you score, but not a fan of the 'skating to center ice on my knees' celly.

I didn't mind Yakupov's at all. But if I see him doing this all the time then I reserve the right to change my mind.

But it was funny with Zibanejad, because later he said how he usually likes to keep it in check after scoring but could keep it in this time. Hie "celebration" consisted of blowing a kiss to the sky. Maybe that was an uncommon display of public exuberance by Persian-Swedish standards.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:The NHL is now the No Havingfun League...

Hockey is a team game, when you separate yourself from the team you look like an idiot.
So everyone that celebrates on their own is an idiot...

Ok.

IMO, yup. No reason not to because chances are someone got you that puck.

What about in the shootout or a penalty shot? Chest-bump the ref?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yakupov with his 5th goal... celebrate THIS!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pens beat the Devils 5-1 this afternoon. Crosby with his 4th goal of the season.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Everyone can do whatever the Diddle they want as far as I'm concerned. Unless Alfie doesn't like it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Andi Pretrillo:

"John Erskine gets 3games for elbow to the head of Wayne Simmonds. First time in his 11 year career he has been suspended"

https://twitter.com/andipHNIC/status/297858794799636480

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Millard: If Flyers lose in regulation tonight, it’s their worst nine-game start in franchise history.

#delicious

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flyers score 3 on Ellis in 1 period and we couldn't even manage 1 in the whole game Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We softened him up.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

5-2 Flyers now. Ward in. Ellis got yanked after 4.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Rip the band-aid off folks - Corey Perry is done with the Anaheim Ducks. It's time to let him go.

As Robby pointed out in his Faceoff Fest recap, Perry left before the event ended, leaving fans who have waited hours to see him, in the lurch. I do agree with his assessment of pictures with Perry are moments of uncomfortable silence, to say the least. I used to chalk it up to his aloof personality and being socially awkward. And I do still believe that about but only about pre-Hart Trophy Perry. Now, he's just kind of a Richard and not just on the ice.

Here's the part that bugs me so much, he seems ungrateful. Ungrateful to the organization that drafted him when the scouts said he was a risky pick. Ungrateful to the team he won a Stanley Cup with. Ungrateful he's been a part of one of the best scoring tandems since Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne. Ungrateful for fans (and the organization) who went berserk cheering for him on to the Hart Trophy and Rocket Richard.

I noticed during training camp, Getzlaf hung around Teemu almost the entire time. Where usually he and Perry are talking non-stop, next to each other in drills, running each other into the glass, etc. Not this time. Perry skated by himself, didn't talk to anyone. Teemu was leading stretching and Perry just got up and left the group to shoot pucks. The stretching ending a couple minutes later. This is probably just me or did anyone else see when he was getting 'the business' from Vancouver in Anaheim, no one rushed to step in to protect the star?

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2013/1/31/3937262/anaheim-ducks-corey-perry-free-agent-trade

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not sure how much I believe from that... is it even a legit new source or someones opinion?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

How average is Shea Weber without Suter? Guy has yet to record a point and can't move the puck to save his life. Amazing Karlsson was considered not even in his league last year by some... would trade Karlsson for Weber and anything else Nashville could possibly add on.

There is an obvious top 3 D men in the NHL now and it goes Karlsson, Peitrangelo, and Chara. That's it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum