GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011

+15
strachattack
Hoags
asq2
CockRoche
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Bah, whatever. THis is awesome though GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011 - Page 6 270956 :

“Not even close to getting tired,” the 20-year-old Karlsson said when asked the question Friday morning. “I’m in good shape.”

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Bah, whatever. THis is awesome though GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011 - Page 6 270956 :

“Not even close to getting tired,” the 20-year-old Karlsson said when asked the question Friday morning. “I’m in good shape.”

Can you imagine how funny EK must be in Swedish? Laugh1

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah he probably can't stop talking GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011 - Page 6 270956

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

strachattack wrote:Brennan is really mad at Clouston.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/01/14/16898471.html

Brennan is an idiot. Lehner won because the Sens scored 6 goals for him. Coming home for a back-to-back game there is no way the Sens would have scored 6 more after likely a 4-hour sleep; they also gave up more than 7 scoring chances. Elliott was not good, true, but in my opinion (and this was my opinion heading into the back-to-back situation) the Islanders game would have been an easier game than the Calgary one. The Sens actually had a full night's rest in Boston and flew out in the morning, because of the snow storm. Then they had a full night's rest in Long Island before their game. Then they come home, sleep 4 hours and face Calgary.

If I was trying to give Lehner some "soft" starts I'd definitely give him the Islanders game but not the Calgary one. Tough call on Washington, but assuming they fly out today, they'll have two full night's sleeps and will at least be rested.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Brennan's an idiot. This group of players would get Scotty Bowman fired in his prime.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Why the F does The Alfie have to take it upon himself to dish out a team leading amount of hits? (tied with Neil)

Hits are a very subjective stat that the NHL tries to keep track of. I wouldn't put too much stock into those numbers. In saying that, yes Ruutu, Neil, Foligno and Fisher could and should be hitting a lot more than they are this season IMO.

Thing is, CR, I saw the hits (in this case). I agree that you see guys deliver tons of hits or vice/versa and the stat sheet doesn't reflect that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Smelliott

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

For the record, I think Brennan's an idiot too and I only posted his article because he was so over the top. It's almost as if he's begging Melynk to fire Clouston. It borders on the absurd really. Brennan's "article" is more suited for an emotionally charged post from some fan site or blogger. I think it goes way over the line and if I were the editor I would have told him to re-write it. I guess he got sick of writing, "Something's gotta give" over and over again.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Smelliott

He was a bigger part of the turnaround with that timely breakaway save than he was staking the Flames that lead.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:For the record, I think Brennan's an idiot too and I only posted his article because he was so over the top. It's almost as if he's begging Melynk to fire Clouston. It borders on the absurd really. Brennan's "article" is more suited for an emotionally charged post from some fan site or blogger. I think it goes way over the line and if I were the editor I would have told him to re-write it. I guess he got sick of writing, "Something's gotta give" over and over again.

That's very unlike CheapShots. Running people out of town isn't usually in his nature.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What kind of a dumbarse doesn't put Locke on PP1 after all that? Sometimes Clouston really surprises me with what I think are dumb moves.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:What kind of a dumbarse doesn't put Locke on PP1 after all that? Sometimes Clouston really surprises me with what I think are dumb moves.

That's what led to my comment about sabotaging his own job. It's clear as day that the PP wasn't working. Yes he rewarded the Winchester line but he just can't get away from keeping Michalek - Fisher and Alfie on that one unit. Locke could have easily taken the wing or C on that line.

Also, he's been having Locke take faceoffs despite the fact that his wrist is not right.

I believe Clouston is a good, smart coach which is why something doesn't sit right about all this.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What kind of a dumbarse doesn't put Locke on PP1 after all that? Sometimes Clouston really surprises me with what I think are dumb moves.

That's what led to my comment about sabotaging his own job. It's clear as day that the PP wasn't working. Yes he rewarded the Winchester line but he just can't get away from keeping Michalek - Fisher and Alfie on that one unit. Locke could have easily taken the wing or C on that line.

Also, he's been having Locke take faceoffs despite the fact that his wrist is not right.

I believe Clouston is a good, smart coach which is why something doesn't sit right about all this.

I noticed that comment - and I have to say it sounds about right. No one in the world wouldn't put Locke between Alfie and Michalek on the PP - and give them as much of the 2 minutes as possible. I don't understand - why the Cuss else would we have called Locke up?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I noticed that comment - and I have to say it sounds about right. No one in the world wouldn't put Locke between Alfie and Michalek on the PP - and give them as much of the 2 minutes as possible. I don't understand - why the Cuss else would we have called Locke up?

As I said to Clutch in the Chatbox, to shut the fans up.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Not enough ppl are talking about a potential goal when giordano clearly put his hand on the puck in the blue paint. Clear miss on the refs part but that goal would have been huge in a comeback...would have made it 3-2 with over 7 mins to play and all the momentum.

No luck whatsoever guys.....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
As I said to Clutch in the Chatbox, to shut the fans up.

You'll make a lot of us talk about it even more if you call him up and not use him on the first unit PP.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:Not enough ppl are talking about a potential goal when giordano clearly put his hand on the puck in the blue paint. Clear miss on the refs part but that goal would have been huge in a comeback...would have made it 3-2 with over 7 mins to play and all the momentum.

Personally that non-call on the penalty shot is mind-boggling. The ref is standing right behind the net -- looking at the puck head towards the goal line. He then SEES the Calgary defenseman put his hand over the puck to clear it. So tell me why he did not call a penalty shot?

So what is it? Stupidity or fixing?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
Michallica wrote:Not enough ppl are talking about a potential goal when giordano clearly put his hand on the puck in the blue paint. Clear miss on the refs part but that goal would have been huge in a comeback...would have made it 3-2 with over 7 mins to play and all the momentum.

Personally that non-call on the penalty shot is mind-boggling. The ref is standing right behind the net -- looking at the puck head towards the goal line. He then SEES the Calgary defenseman put his hand over the puck to clear it. So tell me why he did not call a penalty shot?

So what is it? Stupidity or fixing?

None of that. IT's the HOckey Gods rewarding us with RNH going to his favourite team. IT was written in stone since the day he was born GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011 - Page 6 159628

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum