GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011

+15
strachattack
Hoags
asq2
CockRoche
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Also, can we have Michalek on the right wing, please? No more of this left-wing nonsense.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Also, can we have Michalek on the right wing, please? No more of this left-wing nonsense.

Tough to fit. Alfie is a RW and Michalek is the next-best winger. Do you put him on the 2nd line?

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Nice hustle by Michalek only to have Fisher make the dumb play he always makes with a wide open Alfie parked on the goal mouth.

Did Locke even get a PP minute?

2:04 PP time. Actually the only player who saw no PP time was Regin tonight.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, can we have Michalek on the right wing, please? No more of this left-wing nonsense.

Tough to fit. Alfie is a RW and Michalek is the next-best winger. Do you put him on the 2nd line?

When Spezza returns, I'd try MM on his RW. Admittedly it's harder to do that now because our centre depth is so thin.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Nice hustle by Michalek only to have Fisher make the dumb play he always makes with a wide open Alfie parked on the goal mouth.

I saw him out there once or twice. I was watching for it though because that is the role he should be playing more of; that and with Alfie and Foligno - more skilled players.

For a sputtering PP, could have been tried at least. It's almost like Clouston wants to get fired sometimes.

I don't think he wants it; but I am sure he can see the writing on the proverbial wall.

Did you ever see the long post I wrote about some of the stuff going on inside the room? Most of that is becoming very clear right now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

I saw him out there once or twice. I was watching for it though because that is the role he should be playing more of; that and with Alfie and Foligno - more skilled players.

For a sputtering PP, could have been tried at least. It's almost like Clouston wants to get fired sometimes.

I don't think he wants it; but I am sure he can see the writing on the proverbial wall.

Did you ever see the long post I wrote about some of the stuff going on inside the room? Most of that is becoming very clear right now.

I believe a lot of it. I'll see what I can find out too.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why the F does The Alfie have to take it upon himself to dish out a team leading amount of hits? (tied with Neil)

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

It seems it's the Sens who are 'uncoachable', other teams don't go thru coaches this fast.

We could get some strict coach who would kick their Donkey but they'd tune him after 2 months.

We could get some nice wussy coach like Paddock but then there'd be no system and no order.

*sigh*

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

It seems it's the Sens who are 'uncoachable', other teams don't go thru coaches this fast.

We could get some strict coach who would kick their Donkey but they'd tune him after 2 months.

We could get some nice wussy coach like Paddock but then there'd be no system and no order.

*sigh*

This is a generic post and is not in reference to any particular team, coach or management.

With proper support from above, a strict coach wouldn't let the players tune him out after 2 months.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
This is a generic post and is not in reference to any particular team, coach or management.

With proper support from above, a strict coach wouldn't let the players tune him out after 2 months.

What sort of proper support ? from whom ? The management ? (ie. Murray ?)

I think every coach gets tuned out at some point, coaches who've won Stanley Cups were fired not long after.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Why the F does The Alfie have to take it upon himself to dish out a team leading amount of hits? (tied with Neil)

Hits are a very subjective stat that the NHL tries to keep track of. I wouldn't put too much stock into those numbers. In saying that, yes Ruutu, Neil, Foligno and Fisher could and should be hitting a lot more than they are this season IMO.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

What sort of proper support ? from whom ? The management ? (ie. Murray ?)

I think every coach gets tuned out at some point, coaches who've won Stanley Cups were fired not long after.

Support from everybody IMO.

Firstly, the players and leaders in the room; they can set the room straight if they see the messages being fluffed off.

All the rest of the support comes from assistants, the GM, the owner and a bit of the media, etc.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

Support from everybody IMO.

Firstly, the players and leaders in the room; they can set the room straight if they see the messages being fluffed off.

All the rest of the support comes from assistants, the GM, the owner and a bit of the media, etc.

Sounds like that old article by Jim Kelley was correct after all:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/02/28/kelley_blame_game/

You didn't let that happen, Eugene. You fired Muckler -- a huge part of all those Oiler championships -- and given that he can be stubborn and cantankerous and, at times, in your face, it's understandable to a point, but here's where you made the big mistake Eugene: in firing Muckler, you gave the players their excuse.

In listening to the siren song of your new GM and former coach Bryan Murray, you, by extension, told your team their horribly one-sided loss to the Ducks in the Stanley Cup final wasn't their fault. The statement that trickled down to a group that had always been fragile in the confidence department and almost never held accountable in the blame department is that they didn't fail, management did.

As a result, what should have been a focused and driven group of players, a collection of talent that with a few upgrades in leadership and some additional talent could grow and perhaps finally be focused into a team that could learn from its failure, build on it and achieve something that had long been anticipated but never accomplished. Didn't happen Eugene, instead your team went all soft again.

And that's the problem you created, Eugene. Teams are like kids. You have to guide them into adulthood. You didn't let that happen and as a result you don't have a team that's accountable for its actions.

Oh, you have some talent, you've had that for the better part of a decade, but there's no real team, not like one that would force goalie Ray Emery to deflate his head and get with the program or one that would hold players in the room accountable for not scoring a goal against a team it should beat playing with blindfolds on and sticks upside down.

You've got a collection of guys who really haven't won anything and don't know how and instead of listening to a guy who has won a championship -- actually, a handful of championships -- you went the way so many failed parents do. You refused to accept that your child could stumble. You refused to accept failure and the need to learn from it. Instead you fired the guy who ticked you off and that told the players they could just stay in their comfy little sand box. This was Muckler's fault. That's what you told them and that's what they easily accepted.

So now you've got nothing, Eugene. You've got a team without drive, a team without focus, a team without passion or purpose. Instead of having a goalie that was on the rise, you've got one who is on the slide. We don't absolve him of blame for most of that (nor does Muckler get a complete pass), but think how different it might have been if he had been challenged to get just that little bit better for the good of the team and even for his own still-emerging legacy. You can say that about a lot of the players on your team, Eugene. You gave them all a crutch and, like they have so many times in the past, they took it.

Sounds like a Muckler fan piece but some of words seem to ring true.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting article.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Brennan is really mad at Clouston.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/01/14/16898471.html

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bah, whatever. THis is awesome though GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011 - Page 5 270956 :

“Not even close to getting tired,” the 20-year-old Karlsson said when asked the question Friday morning. “I’m in good shape.”

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Bah, whatever. THis is awesome though GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011 - Page 5 270956 :

“Not even close to getting tired,” the 20-year-old Karlsson said when asked the question Friday morning. “I’m in good shape.”

Can you imagine how funny EK must be in Swedish? Laugh1

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah he probably can't stop talking GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011 - Page 5 270956

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum