GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - FRI. Jan. 14 2011

+15
strachattack
Hoags
asq2
CockRoche
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

This kid is something else. Give him some forwards to work with

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:This kid is something else. Give him some forwards to work with

Do you mean Foligno?

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Robbed of a clear penalty shot, but a hand in the crease is not reviewable.

Nice work by Giordano; he saved his teams bacon there. Henrik Karlsson is sure to put some "bucks on the board" for that game saver.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:I just can't watch our forwards any more. I know we have injuries and I know they're trying hard, but...Locke, Z. Smith, Winchester, Shannon, Neil, Kelly, Ruutu...there just isn't enough NHL-calibre skill for this team to be competitive, especially when Regin and Foligno are both slumping (though, nice goal tonight).

Only 39 games 'til the draft after this one.

One of the very few times I have disagreed with you. With the exception of Locke; every one of those players you mentioned are role players. Those players form a great bottom 6 for Ottawa IMO.

If you want to blame players for this season; look squarely at the staples of our supposed top 6 in Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Fisher and Kovalev.

Last edited by CockRoche on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

That is how you breakout of the zone; 3-2 with one minute left.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

If you want to blame players for this season; look squarely at the staples of our supposed top 6 in Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Fisher and Kovalev.

Kovaloaf should have never been signed, we need what we were getting. If only Cammaleri said yes Sad

Alfie is getting older I hope they didn't expect him to match last season's output.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

Do you mean Foligno?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Kovaloaf should have never been signed, we need what we were getting. If only Cammaleri said yes Sad

Alfie is getting older I hope they didn't expect him to match last season's output.

It is going to be tough to convince me that Kovalev wasn't good for Ottawa and the team. Remember, you can't blame Kovalev for the salary he collects.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice hustle by Michalek only to have Fisher make the dumb play he always makes with a wide open Alfie parked on the goal mouth.

Did Locke even get a PP minute?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Good loss. High energy in the end and Michalek slowly getting his speed back. Now off to read some draft eligible scoutng reports lol.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Do you mean Foligno?

Fun to watch isn't he? What a breakout pass it was to Foligno.

Back to Foligno; I like him a lot. I hope I get to continue to watch him evolve into the power forward he could become in 2-3 years.

It would have been nice to see him take on Giordano with 3 seconds left there, but Nick backed off pretty quick. Meh.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Good loss. High energy in the end and Michalek slowly getting his speed back. Now off to read some draft eligible scoutng reports lol.

Agreed. It was looking like another goose egg for the fans. I know some kids from Morrisburg who drove to the game who haven't seen a goal for the home side in any of their previous trips.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Nice hustle by Michalek only to have Fisher make the dumb play he always makes with a wide open Alfie parked on the goal mouth.

I saw him out there once or twice. I was watching for it though because that is the role he should be playing more of; that and with Alfie and Foligno - more skilled players.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
asq2 wrote:I just can't watch our forwards any more. I know we have injuries and I know they're trying hard, but...Locke, Z. Smith, Winchester, Shannon, Neil, Kelly, Ruutu...there just isn't enough NHL-calibre skill for this team to be competitive, especially when Regin and Foligno are both slumping (though, nice goal tonight).

Only 39 games 'til the draft after this one.

One of the very few times I have disagreed with you. With the exception of Locke; everyone of those players you mentioned are role players. Those players form a great bottom 6 for Ottawa IMO.

Actually, we saw some vintage Michalek tonight, I thought.

Look, I love the hustle of guys like Smith, Winchester, Shannon et al. I'm saying we just don't have enough talent throughout the organization and our line-up is a testament to that. Fisher I'm not really going to blame because he's still going to end up with 20 goals or so on a **** team offensively, and contract not-withstanding I've always felt like he's a guy who's been placed in a role he shouldn't be in. Alfie is still giving it his all but he's slowed down and you can't really blame him either.

Kovalev, Spezza, and Michalek deserve blame for sure (Michalek less so tonight) but the problem is, when they're out we don't have anyone in the organization who can fill the scoring void -- except maybe Silfverberg or Petersson when he's without back problems, but both those guys are still in Sweden. Winchester, Z. Smith, Locke etc. are going out on our PP and times when we need to score.

I'm just saying, the forward situation now feels like the defence situation did in 2008-2009, or maybe worse. You couldn't really blame Brendan Bell then either, but it was still painful as a fan.

At least Karlsson's continuing to be a bright spot for us now. Matched last season's output tonight (in 17 fewer games), played almost 29 minutes including over 5 minutes of PK, and was +2 in a 3-2 loss. Rockon

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Nice hustle by Michalek only to have Fisher make the dumb play he always makes with a wide open Alfie parked on the goal mouth.

I saw him out there once or twice. I was watching for it though because that is the role he should be playing more of; that and with Alfie and Foligno - more skilled players.

For a sputtering PP, could have been tried at least. It's almost like Clouston wants to get fired sometimes.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, can we have Michalek on the right wing, please? No more of this left-wing nonsense.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Also, can we have Michalek on the right wing, please? No more of this left-wing nonsense.

Tough to fit. Alfie is a RW and Michalek is the next-best winger. Do you put him on the 2nd line?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

2:04 PP time. Actually the only player who saw no PP time was Regin tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum