GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm ET - FRI. New Years Eve 2010

+12
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
dennycrane
strachattack
Ev
top shelf15
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Jim O'brien just called up someone is getting benched please say kovelev HappyDance1

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really? That's neat!

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:Really? That's neat!
Yep heard it on the team 1200 ,i guess the coach like the rest of us is sick of the laziness. Play the guys who care and work hard we might not do much better but no more self entitlement

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

top shelf15 wrote:Jim O'brien just called up someone is getting benched please say kovelev HappyDance1

You're a bit late to the game. shabbs posted it on page one at 9:11am this morning. It's already been added to the latest news part of the first post. Great news all the same.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:I guess a Rick Nash domination but a Sens victory would suffice.

"Rick Nash" and "domination" don't really go hand-in-hand Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:I guess a Rick Nash domination but a Sens victory would suffice.

"Rick Nash" and "domination" don't really go hand-in-hand Sarcasm

They have in the past and they should be now. Hopefully for Rick's sake they start to go hand in hand again.

- Unknown Author

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

According to Brennan he twittered that Ruttu and Kuba will be in the press box and will be replaced with Lee and Obrien.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Also tweeted by Ken Warren. Glad to see it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With Kelly moving up, does Regin move over to wing or get demoted? And if demoted, back to the 4th line or replacing Kelly on the third?

I guess what I'm wondering is: does O'Brien get to play centre or are they screwing him up on wing? I really don't get it when they bring these kids up and ask them to play a different position than they'd been playing all year in the AHL -- like Smith, for example.

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
top shelf15 wrote:Jim O'brien just called up someone is getting benched please say kovelev HappyDance1

You're a bit late to the game. shabbs posted it on page one at 9:11am this morning. It's already been added to the latest news part of the first post. Great news all the same.
i didnt see that sorry ,good news though the team is out of the playoffs,coach,s job on the line. Time for some accountabilty on the part of the players i say let the benchings and calling out start Nod

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ruutu? That's a strange decision, was he playing badly, I can't recall?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PS, this is coming about three weeks too late as we all know, but at least something's happening.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let the bloodletting begin, is more like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodletting
Bloodletting (or blood-letting) is the withdrawal of often considerable quantities of blood from a patient to cure or prevent illness and disease. Bloodletting was based on an ancient system of medicine in which blood and other bodily fluid were considered to be "humors" whose proper balance maintained health. It was the most common medical practice performed by doctors from antiquity up to the late 19th century, a time span of almost 2,000 years. The practice has been abandoned for all except a few very specific conditions. It is conceivable that historically, in the absence of other treatments for hypertension, bloodletting could sometimes have had a beneficial effect in temporarily reducing blood pressure by a reduction in blood volume. However, since hypertension is very often asymptomatic and thus undiagnosable without modern methods, this effect was unintentional. In the overwhelming majority of cases, the historical use of bloodletting was harmful to patients.

Proper balance of humors (scorers, bangers, agitators, fighters) -- right now the Sens don't have a proper balance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:PS, this is coming about three weeks too late as we all know, but at least something's happening.

Three weeks too late is just in time to scutter the tank bus. MaybeMurray/Clouston are auditioning for the soon-to-be-vacant positions on the Leafs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:PS, this is coming about three weeks too late as we all know, but at least something's happening.

Three weeks too late is just in time to scutter the tank bus. MaybeMurray/Clouston are auditioning for the soon-to-be-vacant positions on the Leafs.

It's great because the Sens are obviously well in the playoff race + we finally get to see some fresh, young players come in to hopefully infuse the lineup with some speed and tenacity.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Now THAT's quite a change! Really happy that Kuba gets to finally sit the Cuss down in favor of Brian Lee (who's been much better lately). I would have been happy just with this move.

Really excited to see O'Brien. I'm not expecting him to score, but I really wanna see how he forechecks and creates opportunities. Surprised as well that Ruutu is taking a seat though....should be Kovalev or Michalek/Alfie who are playing with injuries. Oh well, at least this will open up some eyes

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Ruutu? That's a strange decision, was he playing badly, I can't recall?

He's been super disciplined, IMO and certainly skating hard. Whatever. It's time to get stoked about seeing O'Brien after what seems like an eternity of thinking he was a bust.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:He's been super disciplined, IMO and certainly skating hard. Whatever. It's time to get stoked about seeing O'Brien after what seems like an eternity of thinking he was a bust.

I guess he'll be moved at the deadline for sure now. Especially with O'Brien getting the call along with Z.Smith. Plus, the Sens have Condra and Greening chomping at the bit - none of these guys are top sixers IMO, but all of them would love to take Ruutu's place on the Sens. And Shannon's place for that matter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum