GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 7:00pm ET - FRI. New Years Eve 2010

+12
SDH89
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
dennycrane
strachattack
Ev
top shelf15
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Alfieeeee!!!!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:Cue the comeback...
Who called it?

Yeah. I did.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Cuss man so close to completing the comeback. Weak goal IMO for Elliott...garbage way to end such a big comeback.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:
shabbs wrote:Cue the comeback...
Who called it?

Yeah. I did.
Bah.

So close.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cuss!

Dash wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Dash wrote:
hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Lee just rocked MacKenzie and then Dorsett forced Lee to fight him. Interesting sequence.

Lee didn't actually fight. He turtled.

Come on man, he did not.... He just isn't a fighter like Dorsett.... give the guy a break and cut him some slack... he deserves some credit.

Brian Lee gets an awful lot of flack around here.

Calling it like I see it. He was in a real hurry to end that fight.

He couldn't keep up with him... Dorsett has dozens and dozens of fights.... Lee.... 2? He tried to fight, but he obviously wasn't going to win.

No clearly not. Fighting isn't his forte. I give the kid kudos though for stepping up and making a big hit.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Smelliott

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just finished watching it, what a great character comeback. I love the injection of youth that this team is finally getting. We need these guys who have speed and sized mixed with the desire to play NHL hockey, I love the enthusiasm in chasing pucks down, the hunger to score. We don't have the skill to do much, but damn if this isn't a heck of a lot more fun to watch.

And go Winchester, way to take advantage of an opportunity! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Happy new year, all. Loser point's better than none at all ... unless you're sitting in the tank bus.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Undefeated in 2011, for at least 21 hours.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Happy new year folks!

So is Ottawa the only team that's winless in OT? Sens are brutal 4 on 4 this season. Remember how great they were last season....not a single 4on4 goal against

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Happy new year folks!

So is Ottawa the only team that's winless in OT? Sens are brutal 4 on 4 this season. Remember how great they were last season....not a single 4on4 goal against

As soon as Regin "thought" he scored I just knew it was going the other way for the win. Sad

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

What a useless comeback.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SDH89 wrote:What a useless comeback.

Useless?

Like a FOX!!! Dancing

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Useless as tits on a bull?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Useless like a screen door on a submarine.

I just watched the last 2 minutes and the OT. What a brutal play to lose on. Karlsson is standing behind the net picking his nose, and Campoli is standing off to the other side of the goal scratching himself. Two defensemen on the ice and neither one thought it would be a good idea to be closer to the crease than the opposing forward? I realize that Karlsson thought Kovalev had control, and perhaps he was waiting for a pass. But a short-pass like that in a 4-on-4 situation is not the best thing to do. He could have stepped up to the front of the net and let Kovalev take the puck behind the net to wind up for a rush (not that he could have, since it was at the end of a long shift); still, he had a half excuse *being* where he was, but the nonchalance was ridiculous -- it's the freakin' OT for crying out loud; be on your toes all the time! I don't think I can come up with an excuse of why Campoli was where he was.

Here's where Fisher is going for the puck, Campoli is standing off to the side -- not sure why:
GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets   - 7:00pm ET - FRI. New Years Eve 2010 - Page 9 12484510

And here is where Voracek skates into the picture, and Campoli is still standing in the same place -- no, actually he skated further away from the crease:

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Columbus Blue Jackets   - 7:00pm ET - FRI. New Years Eve 2010 - Page 9 12504810

And we all know what happened next.

Sens got behind, stormed back to tie it up, had several good chances in OT before that brain cramp.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wouldn't it be Karlsson's fault as well? He's also just standing there doing nothing.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

All five players on the ice contributed to the goal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum