GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators: -7:30 PM - Monday December 13, 2010

+17
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
SDH89
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Riprock
Urkie
Ev
Bramlet07
The Silfer Server
sens4win
wprager
shabbs
SensHulk
PTFlea
spader
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Back passes are fine as long as there's a tremendous amount of chemistry among the players on the ice and there is an incredible awareness of what's happening on the whole ice surface.

Pretty hard for us to have any sort of chemistry when Clouston changes the lineups all the time.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ont he plus side, the sens have scored 3 goals in 3 consecutive games, receiving production from a variety of players. Small victories! RocknRoll

I wonder if having a full-lineup in practice has been the result of increased chemistry on lines?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I said I haven't written off his career. There are some who have.

No need to listen to anything they have to say anymore then, because they don't know what they're talking about.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Ont he plus side, the sens have scored 3 goals in 3 consecutive games, receiving production from a variety of players. Small victories! RocknRoll

I wonder if having a full-lineup in practice has been the result of increased chemistry on lines?

I'm sure it's played a big part. Another thing that is having an effect is that if players are healthy enough to practice it means they're closer to 100% and closer to being able to play at a level that should bring the Sens some more success.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Here's the point at which Spezza turned around and dished it to a Thrasher:

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators: -7:30 PM - Monday December 13, 2010  - Page 8 Spezza

Not sure why our D was so far behind on the left side... but he was surrounded by Thrashers and made a bad decision. Dumping it in would have been a "safer" choice.

Mmh... He must have seen 3 players in front of him and thought there was enough room behind. I think the most stupid thing is going for the pass without even looking, when in fact there`s plenty of time to do so.
Perfect anticipation by the Thrashers also. Credit to them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, I defend Spezza, and his tying goal got us a point, but there's no way I'd give him a star after that. And while I agree with Clouston that there were three mistakes on the play, his was, by far, the biggest.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is what Spezza said about the play:

I haven’t made too many mistakes like that this year and really taken it out of my game, but I got caught up in wanting to make the play. It happens. As a player when you’re creative, sometimes it happens and I’ve just got to learn from it and move forward and learn from it.

Here's the longer version: