GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010

+19
cash
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
Riprock
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Ev
spader
sens4win
Flo The Action
CockRoche
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 LargeGAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 AtGAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 Large

"King me!"

The Ottawa Senators (9-10-1, 19pts) host the Los Angeles Kings (13-6-0, 26pts). The Sens are coming off another lopsided loss to the St. Louis Blues Friday and look to get their collective minds back on the game of hockey. It seemed pretty clear that the death of Daron Richardson weighed heavily on the team as they made mental error after mental error in a losing streak of 5-1, 7-1 and 5-2. LA on the other hand, despite having a 13-6-0 record, have lost 3 of their last 4 and are coming off a shoot out win that saw the Bruins out shoot the Kings 41 to 26.

The Kings road record of 5-5-0 should give the Sens a ray of hope and perhaps the Kings are in for a bit of a down slope at just the right time? Clouston has shuffled the deck and left no forward line untouched as you will see in the latest updates. Hopefully this will kick start Alfie, Michalek and Fisher. I also like that CC has formed a true grinding fourth line and is trying to get back the FFS magic to spark this team. Kelly on the first line is decent for short periods which should be just enough to get the Sens back on track. I have no expectations this game with the level of competition we'll be facing but a hard fought game and perhaps a point would be nice. One thing's for sure; this will be an entertaining and hard fought game as Ottawa and LA seem to play each other like hated division rivals whenever the Kings come to town.

Written by: Cap'n Clutch

Game Coverage:

- TV: PRIME (HD),SNET-E (HD)
- Radio: Team 1200
- Web: Check: http://www.atdhe.net and http://www.justin.tv

Latest updates:
Erik Karlsson is suffering from the Flu and is questionable for tonights game. David Hale would get the call if Karlsson isn't healthy enough to play.

Clouston is shuffling lines:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/11/21/16252126.html

Trying to find the way out of the fog, coach Cory Clouston has done some juggling of his own. Line combinations for Monday’s game will be completely different, as no one unit will go unaffected.

Kelly has moved to left wing, alongside Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson. Peter Regin has been shifted back to centre, where he’ll work between Milan Michalek and Alex Kovalev.

Mike Fisher is in the middle of Nick Foligno and Ryan Shannon, while Jarkko Ruutu and Chris Neil are on either side of Jesse Winchester.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Source for OTTAWA: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators
Source for LOS ANGELES: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-kings

Key Injuries

Ottawa Senators:
Brian Lee (Neck - day to day)
Erik Karlsson (Flu - Questionable)

Los Angeles Kings:
Willie Mitchell (upper body)

Game Day Previews:

ESPN
NHL

Media Links:
- SensTV On-line: http://senators.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp
- Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators: http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 am; edited 2 times in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Twitter it up: http://twitter.com/#!/GMHockey/status/6691191219298304

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kelly on the top line, Fisher on the third, Regin at center, Alfie with Spezza. Not sure about Kelly, but we've been asking about the other moves. Sort-of. We *did* want Regin to replace Fisher as the 2nd line center, but for Fisher to sit. Third line (reduced minutes) is close enough, I guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson doubtful with the flu.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why is everything in bold?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was wondering that myself. Did I do something or was that you prages?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Senators defenceman Erik Karlsson is sick with something that, according to coach Cory Clouston, has been “making its way through the team.”

He means cold and flu symptoms, not the plummeting plus-minus rating that has reached nauseating proportions.

Hence, Karlsson’s participation in Monday’s game against the visiting Kings is in doubt. If he can’t go, David Hale will make his return to the lineup.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Senators defenceman Erik Karlsson is sick with something that, according to coach Cory Clouston, has been “making its way through the team.”

He means cold and flu symptoms, not the plummeting plus-minus rating that has reached nauseating proportions.

Hence, Karlsson’s participation in Monday’s game against the visiting Kings is in doubt. If he can’t go, David Hale will make his return to the lineup.

That is in the latest updates and also in the Ottawa injuries. Thanks for the further details though.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bolding issue fixed. That is very weird how a topic post can affect all posts after it.

Perhaps prages can explain?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Why is everything in bold?

You too? It was like for a while -- I thought I had scaled the font or something. Seems to be back to normal.

Wish me luck -- I'm about to bike in to work and I still have some freezing rain leftover in the driveway. I usually like to ride on the sidewalks but they might be as bad as my driveway right now.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Bolding issue fixed. That is very weird how a topic post can affect all posts after it.

No, I can't. But I'll try Smile

I was editing the post with WYSIWYG on and the bottom part of my post was bolded. I turned off WYWIWYG to find the errant tag, but could not spot it. I did a "Preview" and the bolded paragraph at the bottom was back to normal, so I figured everything was fine.

Something somewhere had a missing end bold tag and the "system" didn't catch it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Bolding issue fixed. That is very weird how a topic post can affect all posts after it.

No, I can't. But I'll try Smile

I was editing the post with WYSIWYG on and the bottom part of my post was bolded. I turned off WYWIWYG to find the errant tag, but could not spot it. I did a "Preview" and the bolded paragraph at the bottom was back to normal, so I figured everything was fine.

Something somewhere had a missing end bold tag and the "system" didn't catch it.

I found the bold tag and removed it. I just thought it was weird that the extra tag would have anything to do with subsequent posts.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jon Quick expected to start as per SNet.ca.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm gonna say the Sens pull it together and Karlsson's "Flu" is just a little too much for him to play tonight and Hale will draw back in. I think it's the perfect opportunity to give Karlsson a seat in the press box. He's been taking a lot of penalties lately so a game or two off could do him some good. Get healthy, blame the bad play on flu symptoms if that helps and then come back better for the experience.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson out tonight, Hale in (confirmed)

Leclaire starts tonight!

http://twitter.com/nhl_sens

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum