GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010

+19
cash
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
Riprock
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Ev
spader
sens4win
Flo The Action
CockRoche
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:We got lucky it was called no goal on the ice.

Kings were "lucky" Spezza rang one off the post. They were "lucky" the goaltender interference wasn't called. "Luck" goes both ways.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:
marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Our D is so soft it makes me want to upchuck. We need...Andy Sutton back in a bad way. Campoli + Lee for Sutton? I can dream I guess. GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 489887

10 months
If we have to give up assets to get a guy we could have signed 4 months ago and already gave up an asset for, I will lose it.

Also, did you guys (suggesting this) not watch the playoffs? I know the guy hadn't been there too often but GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 853109 yuck!!

On a related note, Kuba was much better tonight. He's starting to round back into form.

10 months, as in, in 10 months we have Cowen in Ottawa GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 9 54934

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was very impressed with Leclaire. He doesn't get many compliments from me, so I should be quick in saying that he deserves another start, maybe even vs Dallas as he would know them better than Elliott.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:That's what I forgot to say - the Neil fight was epic. That was one big hombre he was fighting, but he hung in there and took him down IMO. That right there may have changed the fortunes of this game.

Yep. Hope my wife (who abhors fighting in hockey) doesn't read this, but that fight sparked the Sens, who were being outplayed by the Kings a bit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

P.S. I blame the last three losses on the GDTs. Sarcasm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I think I made 65 posts today. Some of them ended up just being one-liners towards the end of the day which I'm not really keen on, but meh. Today was a good day. Lots of great hockey talk.

One thing I am noticing is I am starting to know usernames and personalities which makes it interesting. Fun stuff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That's what I forgot to say - the Neil fight was epic. That was one big hombre he was fighting, but he hung in there and took him down IMO. That right there may have changed the fortunes of this game.

Yep. Hope my wife (who abhors fighting in hockey) doesn't read this, but that fight sparked the Sens, who were being outplayed by the Kings a bit.

Big time. That was a huge contributing factor to the Sens winning - woke the Sens up, got them moving, got the win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CockRoche wrote:I think I made 65 posts today. Some of them ended up just being one-liners towards the end of the day which I'm not really keen on, but meh. Today was a good day. Lots of great hockey talk.

One thing I am noticing is I am starting to know usernames and personalities which makes it interesting. Fun stuff.

As long as the fluffing is kept to a reasonable level ... but 65? Man, I'd call for an audit.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I was very impressed with Leclaire. He doesn't get many compliments from me, so I should be quick in saying that he deserves another start, maybe even vs Dallas as he would know them better than Elliott.

He sure takes a lot of risks, I mean good thing our Ds got those rebounds...
but at the same time, he moves post to post 2x faster than Elliott and doesn't fall every 5 minutes

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I think I made 65 posts today. Some of them ended up just being one-liners towards the end of the day which I'm not really keen on, but meh. Today was a good day. Lots of great hockey talk.

As long as the fluffing is kept to a reasonable level ... but 65? Man, I'd call for an audit.

The fluffing started to creep in at the end, that is why I am signing off.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow the Kings got robbed 2 times tonight by the Zebras!

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I was very impressed with Leclaire. He doesn't get many compliments from me, so I should be quick in saying that he deserves another start, maybe even vs Dallas as he would know them better than Elliott.

He sure takes a lot of risks, I mean good thing our Ds got those rebounds...
but at the same time, he moves post to post 2x faster than Elliott and doesn't fall every 5 minutes

Unlike some other Sens... *cough*Foligno*cough*

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:

Kings were "lucky" Spezza rang one off the post. They were "lucky" the goaltender interference wasn't called. "Luck" goes both ways.

To hear some people talk, the Sens really should be 0-21-0, but managed to luck their way to 10 wins. But of course, every single one of the opponents' wins is well-earned and completely deserved. Right Big Ev?

Edit: Laugh1

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:I can't see Kovalev playing another game for the Ottawa Senators after that hit.

Laugh1

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I wasn't particularly impressed with the game tonight but they pulled out a win against one of the best teams in the NHL and should be extremely proud.

This next stretch of games is "winnable" with games against the Stars, Leafs and Oilers. The game against Pittsburgh will be tough since it's in the afternoon and I've found the Sens haven't historically played well in the afternoon (opinion with no proof to back it up).

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Our D is so soft it makes me want to upchuck. We need...Andy Sutton back in a bad way. Campoli + Lee for Sutton? I can dream I guess. Facepalm

mmmhhhh Thinking , sounds like something i said in the off season.

Me too, but I can still buy into Campoli being a good player, the problem is, we desperately need a big dude who likes to smash teeth.
I said in another thread that Campoli is redundant here. Need a big guy who can skate. Not Sutton, he was seriously exposed at the end of last year. It was cool seeing the odd big hit, but I would prefer someone with mobility who can use his frame effectively in his own zone. Like Kuba with a little more agression.

I tend to agree on Campoli. He's playing himself off the team, just as Hale as playing his way onto the team. Campoli will be sitting very soon for Karlsson, and Karlsson will be paired with Phillips. Kuba and Gonchar looked pretty good together for their 1st game as a pairing.

Hale & Carkner make for a safe 5/6 pair, too.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

That was definitely a goal. The number of calls that have gone against us over the last few years, tho', we deserve the break.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

That was definitely a goal. The number of calls that have gone against us over the last few years, tho', we deserve the break.

We definitely got saved by the "on the ice" call on that one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum