GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013.

+11
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
NEELY
SensHulk
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013.

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013. Large GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013. AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013. Large

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013. SensKings

The Sens continue their season-opening 6 game road trip with a 4-game Western swing, beginning to night in LA. The Sens are coming off their first loss of the season, but are still on a modest 2-game point streak, having lost the previous game in a shootout. Captain Giggles is in jeopardy of being re-branded Captain Groin, as he's already missed practices with a lingering injury which kept him out of all but one pre-season games. The Sens have a horrible record in LA, so either they really, really need their #1 center to play if they want to have a chance, or they might as well rest him since there's now chance of getting the 'W'.

The Kings have not had a good start to the season, having lost 2 of their first 3 games. Go to youtube and search for "quick fluke goal" and you'll see one of the reasons why. Still, this is a team that won the Cup 2 years ago with pretty much the same lineup, so you'd expect them to be able to rebound any second. Plus there's that horrible record for the Sens in LA.

Go Sens Go!

• TV Coverage: SNET-E, TVA, FS-W
  • TSN Ice Chips: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/
  • TSN Preview: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?hubname=nhl-kings
  • ESPN Preview: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400484290
  • NHL Game Preview: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020047
  • NHL Gamecenter Live link: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/gamecenterlive?id=2013020047

Inside the Senate
Game Three: Senators vs. Kings
Sens Dump and Chase - 10.9.2013
Sens arrive for LA practice

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens' last win in LA came in 2000. The only player left from that game is old man Phillips.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah it's due time already....right? LA is struggling but I feel quick will have something to prove....best hope for an overtime game.

Get your coffee ready!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MakeWay ForThe Kings ‏@makeway4kings 29m

#LAKings back in action tonight vs Bobby Ryan's #Sens. 1,200 tix available from just $10; Lower levels at $41 here: http://tiqiq.us/QlT
$41 for lower bowl. Facepalm 

Also, we are now Bobby's team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bobby Ryan has a ton of fans in LA and the area so yah, promoting Ryan for this game is the right way to go.

As for the game itself... might have to grind out a point here and get their sh*t straight in their own zone. Hopefully LA forechecks hard because that plays right into Ottawa and Karlsson's hands. Teams that sit back like Toronto are when Karlsson is totally ineffective.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Darryl Sutter Kings like to forecheck, so hopefully your theory is correct.

Matrix to start tonight.

Maybe the Kings will start Scrivens because of his familiarity with the Sens....we can hope.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

full line-up available anywhere?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:The Darryl Sutter Kings like to forecheck, so hopefully your theory is correct.

Matrix to start tonight.

Maybe the Kings will start Scrivens because of his familiarity with the Sens....we can hope.
Getting Scrivins would be a big break but they don't want to start they year 1-3.

As for Karlsson, teams go beside the net on Karlsson's forehand and make him move the puck coming from his backhand side, this takes away 1/2 the ice for him as he can't get square to make a pass the way he can when he's skating up the ice on his forehand. Against teams that will sit back he needs the team to come back and help with the breakout and if they do there is a good possibility this will lead to an odd man rush as a guy is already standing still beside the Sens net off the hop.

Teams that force Karlsson to make a play, well he usually makes them.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We need "Karls" Karlsson to register 4 or more points to have a chance tonight. Sad but true.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:We need "Karls" Karlsson to register 4 or more points to have a chance tonight. Sad but true.
Team runs through Karlsson now, him having a big night on most nights is basically what the Sens need to win.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We all know Bobby "Half step behind" Ryan is in a scoring slump that just can't go any longer.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:We need "Karls" Karlsson to register 4 or more points to have a chance tonight. Sad but true.
Team runs through Karlsson now, him having a big night on most nights is basically what the Sens need to win.
Goaltending can be the difference from time to time too. But "Karls" carries the offence fo' sho'. Although, one has to wonder what the deal was against the Leafs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, Anderson and Lehner both have the ability to steal games but with the way the D has played the first 2 games they will need to better than great if the game lies on their shoulders right now. You suspect MacLean will tell Karlsson to stick to what has made him great thus far, Methot keep it simple, and like Spezza/Ryan only time will help out Wiercioch and Cowen as a pair.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The guys who really need to keep it simple is the top line trio. Use your talent, don't get too excited and let it happen.

I'd love to see Karlsson have a big night too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds like Spezza is a-go, barring a setback.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum