GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013.

+11
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
NEELY
SensHulk
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:3 games in and people are already throwing Anderson under the bus Facepalm 
No one is throwing Anderson under the bus. We're just waiting for The Stoner to heal up to take Michalek's spot.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can't complain too much about Anderson. He let in a terrible goal, then the Sens decided they'd allow a few 5 on 3s and take penalties left, right and center. After the first goal, there's literally nothing Anderson can do about the other ones.

I wasn't happy with Chris Neil's or Z.Smith's penalties at all. That's something that a kid right out of the AHL or junior gets suckered into, but not a veteran like Neil and a fourth year player like Smith. Those were massively costly and obviously not only hurt us on the score, but didn't allow us to get any real momentum going and screwed up the lines etc.

Turris' hook as well, but I can deal with that a little better than the retaliation penalties on Brown (who's amazing, but an a**hole to play against).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Who is throwing Anderson under the bus?  True or false, Anderson hasn't been very good the last 2 games?  True or false, that was a bad 1st goal last night?  How is stating fact or at least well informed opinion throwing Anderson under the bus?
Lots of players aren't very good right now.  He's got a 0.927 in 3 games while the team has been largely playing like a bunch of idiots in front of him giving the other team lots of PP including 5-3 the other night.

Yes he let in a goal he should have had, so what?
That happens.  Show me a goalie that never lets a softie in.

You're already calling for Lehner to replace him 3 games in, that's throwing under the bus, aka. we'd have won if he wasn't in goal since he is the weakest link and all.

It's the 3rd game of the season on a west coast road trip that's traditionally a mess for eastern teams, including ours.
2 games in a row now and it should be mentioned, otherwise why even talk about the game? You know who has done that his last 2 games and a lot of ther games as well and had a .920 save %age last year? Dubnyk. Anderson despite everything he has done for the Sens has a tendency to let the first goal of the game in, he rarely comes out of the 1st period untouched. 2nd periods he's a beast but the Sens are behind.

Either way, Anderson has to be better if the Sens really want to make noise and push for the division this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Yeah, not throwing Anderson under the bus. Just saying Lehner gets the next start since it's a back-to-back.
Or put Lehner in on Sunday presumably.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, I think Lehner starts Sunday as well.  You get Anderson back in there and hope he plays a great game because they will need it against SJ who he has historically been great against.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Michallica wrote:Yeah it's due time already....right?  LA is struggling but I feel quick will have something to prove....best hope for an overtime game.

Get your coffee ready!
Well...i guess I should be happy...but I'm not. We should have won that game. Andy allows too many goals, sens take too many penalties. Our pk has to be the worst in the league
Both were 5-on-3 were they not?

Edit:

Sorry, both regulation PPG were 5-on-3.  The 4-on-3 in OT was, again, an uncommon shorthanded situation.
I think both goals came right after the 5 on 3 expired... But I agree with you completely, hard to knock our PK too much when we have allowed three 5 on 3s in 3 games.... We are 3rd in the league in number of times we've been shorthanded with the only two teams ahead of us having played one more game.

Just to be clear, that wasn't me blaming the refs, that was me justifying why our PK isn't as bad as the numbers state right now.

You missed this, but on the Jeff Carter goal, Greening had a chance to ice the puck but lost it right to Mike Richards, who past it right to Carter who scored.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Silfer Server wrote:
You missed this, but on the Jeff Carter goal, Greening had a chance to ice the puck but lost it right to Mike Richards, who past it right to Carter who scored.
I cursed Greening on that play. Not sure what he was doing, but it was Carter from Richards and Greening.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So nice to see Ryan score a nice goal and get an apple as well (pretty much by accident mind you, but w/e). He looked relieved and he looked dangerous from the mid 2nd on.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Greening just fumbled the puck on that 5 on 3 and it went right to Richards. Just a goof, it happens. The team played pretty well after the 1st. I would only lay blame on Matrix for the 1st goal, and even then, it was a perfect shot just inside the far post. Still, I think Lehner gets the next start. Don't forget, Matrix is the only reason why we have a win this season.

Pageau needs more ice time. If Spezza sits the next couple games (and why not at this point), I'd give Pageau at least one full game between Ryan and Michalek, and give SDC the other game. These kids need to be in that situation.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see Spezza sitting another game but who knows.

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't see Spezza sitting another game but who knows.
You hope not but if the Sens pull of just 1 win in the next 3 games (or 2 points period) I don't see how this can be seen as anything less than a successful road trip. Does Spezza need to sit to make sure he is ready to go for the next 70 plus games? If so the sit, make him sit, the team is better with him 100% healthy. If he's ready to go though then get out there.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree. From the sounds of it he was very close and probably close enough if it had been up to Spezza alone and the extra rest should be enough but again who knows.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I personally think lehner should get the start on Saturday against the sharks. Let anderson play the ducks.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Greening just fumbled the puck on that 5 on 3 and it went right to Richards.  Just a goof, it happens.
Greening goofed up, but why did anderson take so long to get back up? He wrongfully relied on the puck to get cleared so was too busy taking his sweet time getting up.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Either way, Anderson has to be better if the Sens really want to make noise and push for the division this year.
Dude it's 3 games in, it's no different than slamming Ryan over his first few games.

Anderson was lights out against the Habs when they came on hard in the 1st, it's not like he always sucks in the 1st period or anything.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:3 games in and people are already throwing Anderson under the bus Facepalm 

They need to stop taking so many dumb Cussing penalties, yes that includes you Chris "Heart and Soul of the team" Neil.  Our PK isn't that good.

Otherwise glad we got a point, we'll be thanking this game come April.  Hopefully the team starts coming together in these early games.

Who is throwing Anderson under the bus?  True or false, Anderson hasn't been very good the last 2 games?  True or false, that was a bad 1st goal last night?  How is stating fact or at least well informed opinion throwing Anderson under the bus?
Between San Jose and Anaheim it's like Detroit and Florida. Saturday night is as close to a guaranteed loss as you can get. So if you want to throw Anderson under a bus you play him Saturday, he gets destroyed, then Lehner comes in against the Ducks and gets a shutout.

On the one hand, if you (ahem) feed Lehner to the Sharks and give the easier start to Anderson you could go a long way to getting his confidence level up where it was in G1. I'm not really worried about Lehner's confidence if he loses by a lop-sided score.

On the other hand, if Lehner stands on his head and steals the game, do you then come back with Anderson against the Ducks or let Lehner play some more?

Interesting decisions. There are implications just from the decisions before we even see some outcomes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Silfer Server wrote:I think both goals came right after the 5 on 3 expired... But I agree with you completely, hard to knock our PK too much when we have allowed three 5 on 3s in 3 games.... We are 3rd in the league in number of times we've been shorthanded with the only two teams ahead of us having played one more game.

Just to be clear, that wasn't me blaming the refs, that was me justifying why our PK isn't as bad as the numbers state right now.

Oh, I see. They were still PPG though so I take it the 1st penalty expired and then they scored before the 2nd one did. The winner actually was not a PPG because Mac's penalty had *just* expired (they should call that a PPG still because it happened exactly when the penalty expired).

I just don't get why we take so many penalties. We play a puck possession game so in theory we should be drawing more penalties. It's true that we have a lot of younger players who are probably getting jobbed every once in a while. And I don't think any of the refs/linesmen liked Clouston but, surely, that is gone, isn't it? That Peel/O'Rourke thing must have something to do with it. Even though the criticism was entirely warranted (those clowns should have gotten fined) I wonder if the Zebra Fraternity as a whole takes that against the team?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Greening just fumbled the puck on that 5 on 3 and it went right to Richards.  Just a goof, it happens.  The team played pretty well after the 1st.  I would only lay blame on :MTx:for the 1st goal, and even then, it was a perfect shot just inside the far post.  Still, I think Lehner gets the next start.  Don't forget, :MTx:is the only reason why we have a win this season.  

Pageau needs more ice time.  If Spezza sits the next couple games (and why not at this point), I'd give Pageau at least one full game between Ryan and Michalek, and give SDC the other game.  These kids need to be in that situation.
Brown was in alone and Karlsson was close enough to guarantee he would not be able to cut in to the front of the net. All he had was a shot, and Lehner should have been further out. If he's out another 2 feet that "perfect" shot just isn't there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum