GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, 7:30pm, Fri. Nov. 15, 2013

+11
Flo The Action
wprager
shabbs
SensHulk
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lehner should start edition

Game Day: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, 7:30pm, Fri. Nov. 15, 2013 Extralarge@ Game Day: Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators, 7:30pm, Fri. Nov. 15, 2013 Extralarge

With the Sens laying an egg and Anderson playing sub par, to put it politely, vs. The Philly "can't buy a win" Flyers; does PMac wake up and put in the goalie that currently gives him the best chance at winning?  

The coach may have been trying to avoid a goalie controversy by putting Andy in last game but, I believe, it has only added fuel to the fire after that performance on Tuesday.

BRUINS (12-5-1) at SENATORS (7-7-4)

TV: SNET-E, TVA

Last 10: Boston (6-3-1); Ottawa 4-4-2

OttawaSenators.Com - Sens Preview

Projected lines VS. Boston

To be updated. - Check here for the latest from TSN.ca

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:35 am; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lehner should start but I doubt he does. If Lehner does start this game they have basically given him the #1 job. If MacLean meant what he said about Anderson being the #1 then you throw him back in nets after a bad outing the game before. I don't agree with Anderson being the #1 guy but I'm not the coach. This is what should happen.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Lehner should start but I doubt he does.  If Lehner does start this game they have basically given him the #1 job.  If MacLean meant what he said about Anderson being the #1 then you throw him back in nets after a bad outing the game before.  I don't agree with Anderson being the #1 guy but I'm not the coach.  This is what should happen.
Probably a case of a coach playing the salaries. Cowen plays, Anderson plays.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Conspiracy Theorist in me thinks that the Sens don't want Lehner to play too much this year...if he is the starter, plays 50-60 games, and puts up ridiculously good numbers, then his salary becomes a lot higher for his next contract.

I also still maintain that Anderson hasn't played poorly. Our Team D is horrendous.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson hasn't been terrible, but he still puts us down 2-0 in most games

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:The Conspiracy Theorist in me thinks that the Sens don't want Lehner to play too much this year...if he is the starter, plays 50-60 games, and puts up ridiculously good numbers, then his salary becomes a lot higher for his next contract.

I also still maintain that Anderson hasn't played poorly.  Our Team D is horrendous.
Anderson hasn't been the problem and I don't think anyone has argued that but he's still let in 4 first shot goals this year, been down 2-0 I think 7 times, and let in 3 or more goals 8 times. He needs to be better.

I agree with not getting Lehner the starts based on contract though, they want him signed to something reasonable going forward.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sens beat the Bruins 2 times during the last 10. Lehner with both wins.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson to get the start tomorrow... this could very well be Anderson's last chance to hold his spot as the #1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Anderson to get the start tomorrow... this could very well be Anderson's last chance to hold his spot as the #1
I'm sure The Gregger is more than willing to take on the challenge.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably the right choice. He's been nothing short of amazing for us for the prior 2 years and he's gotten basically no support from players in front of him this year.

He needs to make sure he keeps them in it early though, or it'll be the same old story.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Totally agree that putting Anderson in is all about maintaining his status as the number 1 goalie and not about wins right now.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But shouldn't it be about wins? Minnesota had no problem starting Harding the last 3 weeks or whatever .

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:But shouldn't it be about wins? Minnesota had no problem starting Harding the last 3 weeks or whatever .
Minnesota aren't coached by a buffoon with a ridiculous looking mustache.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:But shouldn't it be about wins? Minnesota had no problem starting Harding the last 3 weeks or whatever .
Totally agree. Play the goalie that will give you the best chance at wins which is what makes this decision even more ridiculous than PMac's moustache.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm shocked about this one....lehner has predominantly played against the bruins the most since anderson never fairs well. Now this one is a headscratcher....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum