GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013.

+11
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
NEELY
SensHulk
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:3 games in and people are already throwing Anderson under the bus Facepalm 

They need to stop taking so many dumb Cussing penalties, yes that includes you Chris "Heart and Soul of the team" Neil.  Our PK isn't that good.

Otherwise glad we got a point, we'll be thanking this game come April.  Hopefully the team starts coming together in these early games.

Who is throwing Anderson under the bus?  True or false, Anderson hasn't been very good the last 2 games?  True or false, that was a bad 1st goal last night?  How is stating fact or at least well informed opinion throwing Anderson under the bus?
Between San Jose and Anaheim it's like Detroit and Florida. Saturday night is as close to a guaranteed loss as you can get. So if you want to throw Anderson under a bus you play him Saturday, he gets destroyed, then Lehner comes in against the Ducks and gets a shutout.

On the one hand, if you (ahem) feed Lehner to the Sharks and give the easier start to Anderson you could go a long way to getting his confidence level up where it was in G1. I'm not really worried about Lehner's confidence if he loses by a lop-sided score.

On the other hand, if Lehner stands on his head and steals the game, do you then come back with Anderson against the Ducks or let Lehner play some more?

Interesting decisions. There are implications just from the decisions before we even see some outcomes.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Silfer Server wrote:I think both goals came right after the 5 on 3 expired... But I agree with you completely, hard to knock our PK too much when we have allowed three 5 on 3s in 3 games.... We are 3rd in the league in number of times we've been shorthanded with the only two teams ahead of us having played one more game.

Just to be clear, that wasn't me blaming the refs, that was me justifying why our PK isn't as bad as the numbers state right now.

You missed this, but on the Jeff Carter goal, Greening had a chance to ice the puck but lost it right to Mike Richards, who past it right to Carter who scored.
Oh, I see. They were still PPG though so I take it the 1st penalty expired and then they scored before the 2nd one did. The winner actually was not a PPG because Mac's penalty had *just* expired (they should call that a PPG still because it happened exactly when the penalty expired).

I just don't get why we take so many penalties. We play a puck possession game so in theory we should be drawing more penalties. It's true that we have a lot of younger players who are probably getting jobbed every once in a while. And I don't think any of the refs/linesmen liked Clouston but, surely, that is gone, isn't it? That Peel/O'Rourke thing must have something to do with it. Even though the criticism was entirely warranted (those clowns should have gotten fined) I wonder if the Zebra Fraternity as a whole takes that against the team?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Greening just fumbled the puck on that 5 on 3 and it went right to Richards.  Just a goof, it happens.  The team played pretty well after the 1st.  I would only lay blame on :MTx:for the 1st goal, and even then, it was a perfect shot just inside the far post.  Still, I think Lehner gets the next start.  Don't forget, :MTx:is the only reason why we have a win this season.  

Pageau needs more ice time.  If Spezza sits the next couple games (and why not at this point), I'd give Pageau at least one full game between Ryan and Michalek, and give SDC the other game.  These kids need to be in that situation.
Brown was in alone and Karlsson was close enough to guarantee he would not be able to cut in to the front of the net. All he had was a shot, and Lehner should have been further out. If he's out another 2 feet that "perfect" shot just isn't there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:I personally think lehner should get the start on Saturday against the sharks.  Let anderson play the ducks.
If Lehner beats the Sharks he'd probably stay in against the Ducks, too, because the only way he's winning that game is by being the 1st, 2nd and 3rd star *and* the Hardest Working Sen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, I'm going to be out of town visiting family so someone else do the GDTs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Either way, Anderson has to be better if the Sens really want to make noise and push for the division this year.
Dude it's 3 games in, it's no different than slamming Ryan over his first few games.

Anderson was lights out against the Habs when they came on hard in the 1st, it's not like he always sucks in the 1st period or anything.
Again, Ottawa tends to let up the first goal a lot more than most playoff teams. Would love the stat actually if anyone can find it. Hockey is a much harder game to play when your are down a goal. Anderson is part of that.

A goaltender is always a special case, it's not "just like Ryan". They are judged based on personal performance vs team performance and that will never change.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Again, Ottawa tends to let up the first goal a lot more than most playoff teams.  Would love the stat actually if anyone can find it.  Hockey is a much harder game to play when your are down a goal.  Anderson is part of that.  

A goaltender is always a special case, it's not "just like Ryan".  They are judged based on personal performance vs team performance and that will never change.
He's part of it but is it on the goalie or the team? I think the whole "pesky Sens" thing has got them playing like Dung early on because they think they can always catch up in the 3rd period.

Special case or not it's the 3rd game of the season and the goalie needs to get back into the routine and get used to new rules and new equipment. If you give Ryan a grace period to get used to new teammates and new systems you have to let Anderson get back into it as well. Especially since what he does depends a lot on the guys playing in front of him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The goals going in have nothing to do with his pads. Either way, he needs to be better and I am not sure how this can actually be argued. The rest of the team needs to stop take lazy penalties.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:The goals going in have nothing to do with his pads.  Either way, he needs to be better and I am not sure how this can actually be argued.  The rest of the team needs to stop take lazy penalties.
Why is the rest of the team allowed to adjust and get their legs going but the goalie has to be red hot coming out of the gate?

Maybe if the team didn't give Brown a free breakaway?

The team taking too many dumb penalties seem to be a never ending story, not sure what they can do here. We're constantly one of the most penalized teams in the NHL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:The goals going in have nothing to do with his pads.  Either way, he needs to be better and I am not sure how this can actually be argued.  The rest of the team needs to stop take lazy penalties.
Why is the rest of the team allowed to adjust and get their legs going but the goalie has to be red hot coming out of the gate?

The team taking too many dumb penalties seem to be a never ending story, not sure what they can do here.  We're constantly one of the most penalized teams in the NHL.
I think it's because Clouston yaps to the refs/

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:

The team taking too many dumb penalties seem to be a never ending story, not sure what they can do here.  We're constantly one of the most penalized teams in the NHL.
That's a little silly. The breakaway was a lucky break for the Kings. He just happened to be coming out of the box as the puck rounded the boards.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Or this:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013. - Page 10 Nv3407

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Or this:

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ LA Kings - 10:30pm - Wed. Oct. 9th, 2013. - Page 10 Nv3407
Correct. Has nothing to do with refs being Leafs fans and therefore Sens haters.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:

Say what? He shot it from the far hashmarks, don't care if there is 5 guys on him or if there isn't a Sen on the ice, that shot has to be stopped.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Say what?  He shot it from the far hashmarks, don't care if there is 5 guys on him or if there isn't a Sen on the ice, that shot has to be stopped.
Yeah he should have had it but he didn't.  I'm sure Quick should have had Pageau or Ryan's shot too.

2nd goal, Greening fails to clear and lets Carter score on a rebound.

3rd goal Brown is left all alone in front of the net.

4th goal, Carter is front all alone and able to deflect the shot.

Team played bad defense, took dumb penalties and let in 2 PP goals.  Neil squirted Carcillo with a water bottle which could have been another goal.

I don't think Anderson should be singled out that's all.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Say what?  He shot it from the far hashmarks, don't care if there is 5 guys on him or if there isn't a Sen on the ice, that shot has to be stopped.
Yeah he should have had it but he didn't.  I'm sure Quick should have had Pageau or Ryan's shot too.

Team played bad defense, took dumb penalties and let in 2 PP goals.  Neil squirted Carcillo with a water bottle which could have been another goal.

Don't think those happen if #1 doesn't go in. Killed the momentum the Sens had. Anyways, Anderson has to be better like I have stated.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I couldn't get over that. The announcers were acting like Neil shouldn't have gotten a penalty. They were all sarcastic saying, "Oh, of course that should be a penalty. Water bottles are very dangerous. Oooooh, watch out for the water."

They sounded like idiots. Of course that's a penalty. They acted surprised that it was deemed unsportsmanlike conduct, as though they weren't sure what would be called. It was absurd. Neil needs to know better than that, particularly if he's going to continue wearing an "A."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neil had a bad game. I'm not even sure why Carcillo got a penalty on that play, so really Neil got baited twice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum