GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010

+19
cash
LeCaptain
Bramlet07
Riprock
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Ev
spader
sens4win
Flo The Action
CockRoche
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
cash wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:if not for the GWG, we'd all be blasting Spezza this morning. I don't mind a horrific give away that leads to a goal if a player atones for it. I think Spezza circa 2010 did that. I agree, he needs to clean up his act in his own end.

I'd be pretty interested to see the reaction from fans if things happened in a different order. Imagine: a) Spezza scores that same goal, only it was our 2nd of the game, b) Smyth's goal counts but happens at the end of the 2nd period, and c) Kopitar's goal ties the game with a couple minutes left in the 3rd and we lose in OT.

Do you think Ottawa fans would give a Dung about the beauty goal? I think the point is that that type of play is pretty much unacceptable. It was possibly the most amateur giveaway you'll see in the league this year.

I dunno about that. That giveaway on Spezza's first shift of his first game this year might have to take precedence. Laugh1

Needless to say, I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying. Or the other way around.

I'm quite disappointed with you rooney. Surely someone of your purported letter would recognize a preposterously fallacious argument when they saw one. "Agreeing wholeheartedly with it" is stupefying to say the least.

WTF? cash said "I think the point is that that type of play is pretty much unacceptable." Which is the point with which I agree wholeheartedly.

Roche's argument above, btw, is the preposterous one. Spezza created the 0-1 down low in the first two minutes of the game (where Brown was all alone and Lecaire made a huge save). Carkner was on the guy, and Spezza left the front of the net to join in, leaving Brown open.

Watch the first 10 seconds of the TSN highlights in the game. That's the play he's referencing. You serious think that's a great decision on Spezza's part, to double cover Kopitar and leave Brown and the front of the net wide open? Yikes.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

WTF? cash said "I think the point is that that type of play is pretty much unacceptable." Which is the point with which I agree wholeheartedly.

Roche's argument above, btw, is the preposterous one. Spezza created the 0-1 down low in the first two minutes of the game (where Brown was all alone and Lecaire made a huge save). Carkner was on the guy, and Spezza left the front of the net to join in, leaving Brown open.

Watch the first 10 seconds of the TSN highlights in the game. That's the play he's referencing. You serious think that's a great decision on Spezza's part, to double cover Kopitar and leave Brown and the front of the net wide open? Yikes.

I'll take your word for it. It would be nice though to highlight what part you agree with especially when someone posts something as ridiculous as a made up series of hypotheticals and then try to pass it off as justification for their reasoning.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

CockRoche wrote:Wing Dang Doodle! Oh my, that is fantastic! I forget what I said there, but your filter is much better anyway.

This may help: Karma is a Wing Dang Doodle.

Did that help?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Wing Dang Doodle! Oh my, that is fantastic! I forget what I said there, but your filter is much better anyway.

Did that help?

You better believe it.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why is it okay to criticize Spezza, even suggest trading him, for his turnover or even at times when he plays poorly, but when it comes to Chris Phillips, it's a different story? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Phillips has been here 10 years and this is the first time I can remember that he has struggled. Also, he is making a lot less than Spezza.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:

Did that help?

You better believe it.

I take full credit for all the funny filters you like. Dancing

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Phillips has been here 10 years and this is the first time I can remember that he has struggled. Also, he is making a lot less than Spezza.

Can't compute... have had Cap't, Prager, and Big Ev variously agree with me today... *bzzzzzzzzz*

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:

Did that help?

You better believe it.

I take full credit for all the funny filters you like. Dancing

Not all ....

Go ahead and try to type:

Leciaire
Hamius
develope
garentee
tallent
schedual
rediculous

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

talent, leclaire, Hamhuis, guarantee

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GAME DAY: L.A. Kings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 22, 2010 - Page 17 805406

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I'll take your word for it. It would be nice though to highlight what part you agree with especially when someone posts something as ridiculous as a made up series of hypotheticals and then try to pass it off as justification for their reasoning.

Ha! you guys totally misread what I was saying... SSF got it... It's already happened several times in the past, and my point is more about this "making up for it" business than anything else...but w/e...

Also, I so rarely use hypotheticals to prove my point, I'm amazed at the outrage, but w/e...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum