GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Binghamton Senators!

+22
SensHulk
Flo The Action
NEELY
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Ev
shabbs
Da lil Guy
Hoags
sandysensfan
Riprock
Oglethorpe
cash
SeawaySensFan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
PTFlea
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:sens lose tonight. maybe it's early but i for one, was expecting a slightly more impressive start to this team. granted I haven't been able to watch them yet online.

They are one of the youngest teams in the AHL. They will need time to get used to each other.. several new players... and a new coach and a new system. Injuries to Cowen, Gryba & Stone haven't helped either... Bishop was in net tonight... backup was Lawson (who I thought was in Elmira). Just hoping Lehner got the night off and praying it's not something else.

Lehner had a touch of the flu.

Thanks for that..

I heard Tim Murray or was it Pierre Dorion during an interview earlier this season. They said some AHL teams focus on the development and playing time of their young players... while other teams just focus on winning. I wonder what NHL teams would benefit most from. For me it would be the development... Winning (ie Championships) is nice but that means veteran AHL teams for the most part.

A winning culture is good for young players.. but development is better. Let the young guys play...
I'm not saying the contrary but I must admit that with a guy like silf that was touted by the organization as being NHL ready 2 years ago my expectations of him were a bit higher. on the other hand I expected a learning curve from Zib and stone. Stone was such a big boy in the juniors but now the competition is more on par with his size. still like it's been said. let's have another 10 games or so for them to mesh together. it is great to see Hoffman do so well. he could very well end up as a 3rd liner that can help with secondary scoring.

The team never hypes their players as big time scorers
That's just what fans assume and then they expect them to put up big point totals. Silf for example will most likely never put up more than 50 points in an average year. Being NHL ready doesn't mean you're going to dominate the AHL offensively

497All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:10 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:sens lose tonight. maybe it's early but i for one, was expecting a slightly more impressive start to this team. granted I haven't been able to watch them yet online.

They are one of the youngest teams in the AHL. They will need time to get used to each other.. several new players... and a new coach and a new system. Injuries to Cowen, Gryba & Stone haven't helped either... Bishop was in net tonight... backup was Lawson (who I thought was in Elmira). Just hoping Lehner got the night off and praying it's not something else.

Thanks for that..

I heard Tim Murray or was it Pierre Dorion during an interview earlier this season. They said some AHL teams focus on the development and playing time of their young players... while other teams just focus on winning. I wonder what NHL teams would benefit most from. For me it would be the development... Winning (ie Championships) is nice but that means veteran AHL teams for the most part.

A winning culture is good for young players.. but development is better. Let the young guys play...
I'm not saying the contrary but I must admit that with a guy like silf that was touted by the organization as being NHL ready 2 years ago my expectations of him were a bit higher. on the other hand I expected a learning curve from Zib and stone. Stone was such a big boy in the juniors but now the competition is more on par with his size. still like it's been said. let's have another 10 games or so for them to mesh together. it is great to see Hoffman do so well. he could very well end up as a 3rd liner that can help with secondary scoring.

The team never hypes their players as big time scorers
That's just what fans assume and then they expect them to put up big point totals. Silf for example will most likely never put up more than 50 points in an average year. Being NHL ready doesn't mean you're going to dominate the AHL offensively

Stone is used to playing on a smaller ice surface so he is further ahead. Mika & Silfverberg are used to the large European ice... They are going from that large ice surface to the smallest ice surface in the AHL (as told to us by B-Sens fans). The game will be faster, less time to make decisions and less space to move. Both will take more than 9 games to adjust to that... I think Silfverberg may do better on NHL ice as compared to that in the AHL... He needs to adjust to reading plays faster and learning to get by with less space to move and less time to react.

498All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's all about getting better every day.

All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Afc8d6d546cfbcb732fcaf4b7d4a

That much better.

499All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Read in the Ottawa Sun that Cowen has a hip flexor injury. I think that is more serious than a muscle pull right?

500All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:Read in the Ottawa Sun that Cowen has a hip flexor injury. I think that is more serious than a muscle pull right?

A hip flexor is actually a muscle, or a group of muscles. The name of the injury is actually a hip flexor injury, often shortened to just hip flexor It's very likely just a strain of the hip flexor muscles. And that's pretty much what a muscle pull is. Saying it's a hip flexor as opposed to a pulled muscle is simply pin-pointing which muscle you pulled.

501All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Why would I care f Lehner has poise with the puck?

Of course I was not talking about poise with the puck only, but if you think it doesn't matter... Carey Price has awesome poise with the puck and it makes MTL's defense look way way better.

502All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Thanks for that..

You talk about a winning culture and development as if they were separate things. It's absolutely possible to have a winning culture and a developmental program. IMO, you need both. The best systems would balance the two and hopefully have enough in the pipeline to keep both.

503All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:

Of course I was not talking about poise with the puck only, but if you think it doesn't matter... Carey Price has awesome poise with the puck and it makes MTL's defense look way way better.

Sure, but Lehner is the team's best player by far, so it doesn't make a difference to me whether or not he's poised with the puck. That's the forwards' job.

504All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Thanks for that..

You talk about a winning culture and development as if they were separate things. It's absolutely possible to have a winning culture and a developmental program. IMO, you need both. The best systems would balance the two and hopefully have enough in the pipeline to keep both.

True.. but there are some teams that do everything to win and not focus as much on development.. The best scenario is to do both... but don't sit out a young player to put a veteran in to just win... and apparently that's what some teams do. Let the young player.. play. He learns by his mistakes. Patience is the key. Some teams are better at this than others.

505All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's never too early to start making excuses for our fave players.

All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Snap210

506All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
LeKid wrote:

Sure, but Lehner is the team's best player by far, so it doesn't make a difference to me whether or not he's poised with the puck. That's the forwards' job.

My apologies to LeKid.

LeKid wrote:
He and Hoffman are the only 2 players on the team that I think have poise. Everyone else is afraid of the puck

My mistake was in not realizing the part the second sentence played on the first one. He's specifically talking about puck handling, and I'm further guessing he was specifically talking about the forwards. I thought it was just a general statement about players having "poise".

507All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
LeKid wrote:

Yeah, I think it might be painfully obvious right now who the best player in Bingo is.

Actually...maybe it's not. Cowen's a tower of power, the B-Sens obviously miss him on the back end, but Lehner's older than the rest of the players and quite simply better (IMO).

508All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Put Z at Centre. Split him and Silf up. Da Costa hasn't been great. Could spark some lines.

Prince-Zibanejad-Petersson
Hoffman-Da Costa-Silf
DD-Grant-Stone

(Those aren't in order of 1-2-3, just spitballing combos).

509All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Put Z at Centre. Split him and Silf up. Da Costa hasn't been great. Could spark some lines.

Hoffman-Da Costa-Silf
DD-Grant-Stone

Maybe, couldn't hurt but the problem isn't the combos right now, it's the adjustment as a group instead of a collection of individuals. At least when it comes to the top line players, I still think by game 20 we'll see a huge difference. Plus, the D's good, but not what it could be if they were injury free.

With the skill on that team it just doesn't compute that they're not scoring that much.

510All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Put Z at Centre. Split him and Silf up. Da Costa hasn't been great. Could spark some lines.

Hoffman-Da Costa-Silf
DD-Grant-Stone

Maybe, couldn't hurt but the problem isn't the combos right now, it's the adjustment as a group instead of a collection of individuals. At least when it comes to the top line players, I still think by game 20 we'll see a huge difference. Plus, the D's good, but not what it could be if they were injury free.

With the skill on that team it just doesn't compute that they're not scoring that much.

Yeah, they will do fine in the long run, especially when the lockout ends. Most casual fans don't even pay attention so that's a good thing (that they wouldn't be complaining about prospects not performing well).

511All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Hoffman-Da Costa-Silf
DD-Grant-Stone

Yeah, they will do fine in the long run, especially when the lockout ends. Most casual fans don't even pay attention so that's a good thing (that they wouldn't be complaining about prospects not performing well).

On the flip side, I don't see a top 6 player who's ready to step in at the NHL level right now. I think the lockout lasts the whole year, so maybe by the end of the year we'll see, but offensively the only guy who looks ready is Hoffman - and he could stand work away from the puck. Da Costa is getting closer, but he's not ready away from the puck either. Zibanejad appears NHL ready, but not offensively, same with Silfverberg. Would they be better under a more structured system in the NHL? Hard to say.

512All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lines from practice:

Petersson-Zibanejad-Prince, Silfverberg-Cannone-Cowick, Jessiman-Pageau-Hoffman, Dziurzynski-Grant-Schneider.

513All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 34 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Lines from practice:

Petersson-Zibanejad-Prince, Silfverberg-Cannone-Cowick, Jessiman-Pageau-Hoffman, Dziurzynski-Grant-Schneider.

Thought Prince looked great from the little I saw of him. So, that's not a huge surprise that he's flanking Big Z. Also really like Cowick's game, don't let anyone tell you that kid can't be a grinding power forward with a sprinkle of offense. Surprised Grant and Schneider are the '4th' line, but so be it. That '3rd' line is really the defacto top line I think. Hoffman and Pageau seem to have something going on.

Prince though........really impressed. Possible really solid pro future for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum