GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators recall Lee from Binghamton(AGAIN!!)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Ottawa Senators today recalled defenseman Brian Lee from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

This is Lee's third recall of the season. After his second recall of the season on Dec. 13, Lee played in two games, collecting one assist in Ottawa's 4-1 loss to the Atlanta Thrashers on Dec. 16.

After playing in the first five games of the season with the Senators, Lee was assigned to Binghamton on Oct. 22 before being recalled on Nov. 28. In 22 AHL games, the 21-year-old has one goal, eight assists, 28 penalty minutes and a +4 rating. Lee has recorded three assists and two penalty minutes in eight games with Ottawa this season.

The Binghamton Senators (15-9-3-3) next see action tonight, when they host the Syracuse Crunch

Via-http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=400058

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Does this mean Kuba and A-Train are still out? personally, I'd rather Lee than Schubert. I've been a big fan of Schubert but this season he's just not cutting it on D.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Schubert on D, at least thus far this season, scares the crap out of me. Hopefully Lee can step up and help our guys out, although I'm becoming more and more pessimistic that these guys will EVER play as a cohesive unit and WANT to compete...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What the heck happened? Last year he was a decent fill-in on D when killing a penalty to A-Train or Phillips. Maybe it's because he's OK as a defensive D but not so much when pressed into an offensive role. Perhaps the same thing that seems to have afflicted Phillips. Too many responsibilities on O is keeping his mind from playing good D.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:Schubert on D, at least thus far this season, scares the crap out of me. Hopefully Lee can step up and help our guys out, although I'm becoming more and more pessimistic that these guys will EVER play as a cohesive unit and WANT to compete...

Almost as scary as Stewie and his sexy parties.

Lee literally tripped over the blue line all on his own tonight .... almost cost a bad goal ....

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

schubert is not performing the way he has in the past because he isn't logging nearly as many minutes as he used to. lee has potential but is still a little green in my opinion. i'm scared for tonight!

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What? Schubert used to play 4th line and fill in on D whenever A-Train or Phillips would get a penalty. Unless a regular D got injured or there were a lot of penalties he wouldn't get much ice time overall, and very little on D. Now he's playing a regular shift on the third pairing (or was, at least).

I'd say he is not performing the way he used to because he has been assigned a completely different role.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum