GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Prospect Camp - Interesting storylines to watch.

+24
TeamRenzo
TheAvatar
SDH89
shabbs
rooneypoo
jawal
stempniaksen
CockRoche
beerandsens
PKC
Riprock
asq2
Devo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
wprager
Hoags
SensHulk
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
M_Christopher
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 32]

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Complete Roster: http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533075&cmpid=rss-News%20in%20English

Figured I would point out a couple things for everyone to keep an eye on.

1. Jared Cowen and his progression - This is a big camp for Cowen, in terms of where he is in his career and what progress he has made with his knee.

2. Ruslan Bashkirov is at the camp - The once highly touted russian, who went from QJMHL stud to 'where are they now' is making his first appearance to a Sens camp since his draft year.

3. The 2010 club - All of the Sens 2010 picks will be on the ice. Time to find out if any of them are going to stand out, or will they be orver shadowed by the returning players.

4. No Rundblad - Not really a storyline to follow, but worth mentioning that David Rundblad won't be in attendance.

5. 2 big D to watch - The first being the obvious - Eric Gryba, who many expect to battle for an NHL roster spot and replace the void that will be left by Sutton and A-Train. The second guy is Michael Sdao - the 6'4" 220+ from Princeton has flown under the radar because of Gryba, Cowen, and Wiercioch, quietly put together a solid freshman season with Princeton and was showing signs of being a big physical sutton-like player.

6. Lots of opportunities for the forwards - With no offensive help scheduled to come in via free agency, players like Caporusso, Hoffman, Petersson, Butler and Cowick all have a huge opportunity to make a statement for training camp in september. Note: Barring a complete 180 Petersson is still expected to return to Sweden for the 10/11 season.

7. Still no Wick - Despite months of rumours and contract talks with the Sens brass, Roman Wick is still M.I.A. Whil the rookie camp isn't a must attend for Wick to join the Sens, the fact other 24 year olds are attending, means the Sens hold this camp in high regard.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Excellent synopsis.

I think it's prospect poll time. Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've never heard of Bashkirov before, but I'm interested to see how he looks in this camp.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I've never heard of Bashkirov before, but I'm interested to see how he looks in this camp.

Check this out to see some of his best work:

Sens Prospect Camp - Interesting storylines to watch. White_nights_ver1

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Awesome! Thanks for this Mark! I can't wait to go see them with my own 2 eyes this weekend (is there an open session this weekend that you know about?)

I am curious to hear how Craig Schira is doing...how does he look this year? He really impressed me at the last camp, I only expect him to get better and better. I hope he's still moving in the right direction.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

what does this say about Wick? Or as paranoid fans, are we reading too much into this? His loss I guess.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:what does this say about Wick? Or as paranoid fans, are we reading too much into this? His loss I guess.

It's probably not the best move on his part. But, as you said, it's his loss. There are only so many spots available. He needs to be here to win that spot, if he's not here, it shows me that he doesn't want to be here. We don't need another guy like that.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If Wick didn't want to be here he wouldn't have signed.

How many roster spots do we really have though ? Barring any trades I'd say most of our roster spots are set.

Last edited by Hoags on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:what does this say about Wick? Or as paranoid fans, are we reading too much into this? His loss I guess.

People are reading too much into this. Wick will train and be ready for training camp, or he'll play in the AHL. I'm sure they talked to him about being there and there was a reason I'm sure.

Is Daugvanins there? He isnt. Is Bass? No. Wick is almost 25 years old and has played pro for a while now, he doesnt NEED to come to prospect camp.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Is Daugvanins there? He isnt. Is Bass? No. Wick is almost 25 years old and has played pro for a while now, he doesnt NEED to come to prospect camp.

Your right he doesn't need to, but that being said neither Bass nore Daugavins is anywhere near a roster spot anymore...and by all accounts seem hell bent on being AHL'ers for life.

He wouldn't be the only 24 year old at camp, just saying it is a little off that he isn't there. Could be nothing but it's worth noting.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

M_Christopher wrote:
N4L wrote:Is Daugvanins there? He isnt. Is Bass? No. Wick is almost 25 years old and has played pro for a while now, he doesnt NEED to come to prospect camp.

Your right he doesn't need to, but that being said neither Bass nore Daugavins is anywhere near a roster spot anymore...and by all accounts seem hell bent on being AHL'ers for life.

He wouldn't be the only 24 year old at camp, just saying it is a little off that he isn't there. Could be nothing but it's worth noting.

This isnt a kid that was drafted last year, this is a man who has played in The Olympics, played in one of the top league's in Europe for a few years, and a guy The Sens worked very hard to sign a contract. He took a 2 way deal in good faith, him staying over in Europe should be of very little concern to everyone.

I dont see how a prospect camp would help him or even intrest him when he is basically going to give it one shot in NA to see if he sticks. He isnt a player that will be brought through the system with the other prospects.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:

I'd say that Daughavins showed that he wanted it pretty bad the way he exploded in the 2nd half of the year in Bingo. As for Bass....can't help him too much. This next season in Bingo will tell the tale - IF we even re-sign him - which I don't see why we wouldn't.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I hope Wick impresses here, he looked real good in the Olympics

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What is Bashkirov doing here? I must have missed that the first time.

He'll never make it, might as well have stayed in Russia. When he left to go back home, he diddled himself upside down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 32]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum