GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be Ottawa's Surprise prospect at Camp?

+6
Riprock
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
SensFan71
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's been a while since we've had a prospect knock our socks off. The last one I remember is Meszaros and we all know how that turned out. Do you think Ottawa has a prospect that will surprise and take a key roster spot away from one of the Veterans? If so who are you thinking it could be? The mystery 9th overall pick? Perhaps Murray moves up in the draft and gets someone who'll step right in? Someone already Sens property?

Edit: What I mean is who, of the prospects that make it to the main Camp, will make a major impact on the team this regular season? Example: 15 - 20 goals and 40 to 50 points.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Wed May 20, 2009 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zach Smith.*

*Assuming that Peter Regin making the NHL wouldn't be a surprise.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Erik Karlsson

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i have to agree with heater smith seems to be a late bloomer but he is also a hard worker and was one of the last cuts last year....the only way the peter regin would surprise me would be if he did not make the team

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Greg Mauldin?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think Ottawa's got a few spots up for grabs, the ones that Donovan and Ruutu held. If Comrie walks, and Neil walks, then we got a potential 4 spots to fill. Also, Smith could be done without on defence.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I think Ottawa's got a few spots up for grabs, the ones that Donovan and Ruutu held. If Comrie walks, and Neil walks, then we got a potential 4 spots to fill. Also, Smith could be done without on defence.

Donovans is a very reasonable cap hit so unless he is outplayed by a younger player I can't see him going. Ruutu is something this team lacked and unless the Sens are out of a playoff spot I suspect he will be around as well.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:I think Ottawa's got a few spots up for grabs, the ones that Donovan and Ruutu held. If Comrie walks, and Neil walks, then we got a potential 4 spots to fill. Also, Smith could be done without on defence.

I highly doubt that either of these guys are gone. Donovan at $600K and Ruutu at $1.3...can't argue with either of those.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

ruutu has doen a wonderful job for the sens and at a reasonable price i dont see him going anywhere in the near future

Ruutu is a dirty player, and a super pest. I would love for him to be traded.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I guess I'm the only one that trades them or sits them at every chance in NHL 09? Schubert could be moved too. Ruutu is often a maroon and Donovan is a good guy, I'd just like to see the youth while they are still young.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Ruutu is a dirty player, and a super pest. I would love for him to be traded.

he is one of those players, even with the weak moments, teams hate to play against, and for me, I love to have the super pest on our side of the coin rather than antagonizing the s*** out of us.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Ruutu is a dirty player, and a super pest. I would love for him to be traded.

if anything Ruutu was light in a dark dark tunnel this year, made me laugh even when we were sure to lose a game. OK, that's no reason but you gotta love what he does. he creates more penalties or 4 on 4 then anyone else. if anything a combination of ruutu and bass replace neil. and yes at that salarie it's a steal. who will surprise? good question... for some reason i'll say karlsson... but for not being the saviour we so need on the blueline. well for the start of the season anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We're getting away from the topic at hand. I'll second the vote for Karlsson. As for Regin, I'm kinda excited about everyone being excited but, to be honest, I did not really see all that much of what he can do when he was here (which wasn't much). So, I'm not saying you're all wrong, I'm just saying I hope you are right Smile So in that way, I guess Regin *would* surprise me if he took a regular shift on the third or *gasp* second.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see a guy like Regin make the team but what I'm talking about is a guy making an immediate impact and knocking a Veteran out of his seemingly locked up position. In fact even when Meszaros was in his rookie season he never really stole anyones spot.

If Zach Smith is your pick then by surprise I mean he jumps into the 2nd or 3rd line roll and excels while racking up 15 to 20 goals and 40 to 50 points.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum