GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Camp cuts and other notes

+23
Sp00nz
ddt
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
Snuh
mattshock
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
beedub
PTFlea
SensGirl11
jamvan
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
wprager
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 22]

1Camp cuts and other notes Empty Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Ottawa Senators' first round of training camp cuts were announced today: defencemen Paul Baier, Mat Robinson, Craig Schira and Kyle Wharton, and forwards Jason Bailey, Keegan Dansereau, Kaspars Daugavins, Matt Lowry and Brandon Svendsen.
http://www.silversevensens.com/2009/9/14/1030733/senators-cut-nine-and-b-sens

I understand some of the moves, but some of these guys looked good in either the DC or the rookie tournament (or both). Sad to see them go so quickly (Schira, Daugavins, Dansereau, Svendson).

I understand why -- they are not going to be here for a multiple reasons: experience, cap situation, the need to assess three new top-six players and try out various line combinations. But since Cheechoo and Michalek are not yet in camp I was hoping these guys would stick around a little longer.

Edit: The original thread title was "Camp Cuts" but that's apparently too short (can we fix that? seriously!) Anyhow, maybe we can keep one thread around for reporting furhter cuts and any other camp-related tid-bits.

2Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Quick correction, Cheechoo was at camp yesterday:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291152

3Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:55 am

Was Cheech at practice yesterday? anyone able to see how he looks?

4Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DirtyDave wrote:Was Cheech at practice yesterday? anyone able to see how he looks?

Yes, he was. Are practices open to the public? I checked at the Sens website and there was no mention of it.

But I did find this m-- Sep. 19 (Saturday, starting at 9:30AM) the Sens are hosting their annual FanFest. TGOR will be on hand (from 8AM), the fans can watch the morning skate at 10:30:
http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=498504

Bring some non-perishable items for the Food Bank. There will also be a small used-equipment sale. Gloves, skates and practice jerseys -- no sticks.

Excellent, since this week the peewee sortouts will be Sunday, not Saturday -- I should be able to come out.

5Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

any idea on when Michalek will be reporting to camp? Are his Visa issues any closer to being resolved?

6Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:44 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:any idea on when Michalek will be reporting to camp? Are his Visa issues any closer to being resolved?

I watched a video on tsn.ca ("Capital Gains") where Brent Wallace states that Michalek has yet to arrive, but that the team expects him to start skating Wednesday morning.

7Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:46 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:any idea on when Michalek will be reporting to camp? Are his Visa issues any closer to being resolved?

I watched a video on tsn.ca ("Capital Gains") where Brent Wallace states that Michalek has yet to arrive, but that the team expects him to start skating Wednesday morning.

excellent, can't wait to see him here, I heard he has a lot of speed and would love to see it first hand (by first hand I guess it will be watching games on SN East)

8Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Again, does anyone know if the practices are open? Other than the Saturday morning skate, that is?

9Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Tonight's line up: http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/090915_Line-up.pdf

10Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Again, does anyone know if the practices are open? Other than the Saturday morning skate, that is?
I will try and find out for you, but I think the first one open is always the fan fest.

11Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Does anyone know if, for the FunFest, there will be an autograph booth or something? And I don't mean Spartacat. We already got his Camp cuts and other notes 812636

12Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:45 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:Tonight's line up: [url=http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/090915_Line-up.pdf
http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/090915_Line-up.pdf[/quote[/url]]

looks like we are pretty outmatched on this one, at least on paper, would love to go to get a closer look at Karlsson, but well, not in the budget unfortunately Camp cuts and other notes 428331

13Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Does anyone know if, for the FunFest, there will be an autograph booth or something? And I don't mean Spartacat. We already got his Camp cuts and other notes 812636
No there is not an autograph booth.

14Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In case anyone is wondering, you can get tickets pretty cheap. Level-300 for $10; some level-100 for $19.
http://orders.tickettriangle.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1138730&event=NHL+Preseason%3a+Ottawa+Senators+vs.+Florida+Panthers

The site, however, lists the game as tomorrow night. Odd.

15Camp cuts and other notes Empty Re: Camp cuts and other notes Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:55 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Question. Is the game on TV tonight?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 22]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum