GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens practice notes from Tuesday

+5
wprager
SensFan71
Vandelay
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:01 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per NHL_Sens' Twitter...

Lines at practice:
Kovalev - Fisher - Alfredsson
Michalek - Spezza - Cheechoo
Foligno - Regin - Neil - Winchester
Ruutu - Kelly - Shannon - Donovan

Kuba is not skating with the Sens at practice today.

2Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So no Kuba Thursday then I suppose. Not too concerned if he sits out Thursday. I would really like to see him vs. the Bruins though, especially if our PP is continuing to struggle.

- Unknown Author

3Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:06 am

Leclaire's first SO of the season coming up. Nashville has the leagues worst offense, even worse then Toronto which is tough to believe... well it's close... ok, maybe not as bad as Toronto's.

4Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:11 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nashville's is worse... 1.29 for Nash vs 2.00 for Toronto in GFA.

5Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:15 am

I am nervous of Nashville. They have to break out eventually. Conventional wisdom is that past results predict future results but they have a good coach and some talented guys (not an over abundance but some). I think they are looking to get out of the funk.

PSA: One thing to note for the big gals out there. If the Preds do lose on Thursday they will be out looking for slump busters, could be your lucky night?!*

* - Those insensitive opinions were those of the poster and do not necessarily reflect those of GM Hockey.

6Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MurderOnIce wrote:I am nervous of Nashville. They have to break out eventually. Conventional wisdom is that past results predict future results but they have a good coach and some talented guys (not an over abundance but some). I think they are looking to get out of the funk.

PSA: One thing to note for the big gals out there. If the Preds do lose on Thursday they will be out looking for slump busters, could be your lucky night?!*

* - Those insensitive opinions were those of the poster and do not necessarily reflect those of GM Hockey.
They need lovin' too... but they gotta pay.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

7Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens practice notes from Tuesday 716767 Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Edit: Or is he? Can you all see the monkey/squirrel?

- Unknown Author

8Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:23 am

MurderOnIce wrote:I am nervous of Nashville. They have to break out eventually. Conventional wisdom is that past results predict future results but they have a good coach and some talented guys (not an over abundance but some). I think they are looking to get out of the funk.

Nashville is going to struggle all year to score goals. They may have a 3 or a 4 goal effort but I dont see them "breaking out"

Sullivan is a shadow of his former self, Weber can only do so much from the blueline, Wilson is only a rookie, and the others are nothing to write home about. The only saving grace there is Arnott who will, again, lead that team in scoring and will probably find himslef on a playoff team by Feb or March.

9Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Arnott is injured, on IR for two weeks. An already thin offense, missing their best player? Both Rhinne and Ellis have struggled so far.

10Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:37 am

Is Arnott out? If The Sens can't pull this one off with their AHL roster it will be a little upsetting.

Rest up Kuba and who ever else, the guys should take care of this one pretty easily. (or should) A good effort from The Sens on Thurs, even with some bad breaks should be good enough for a win.

Nashville has absolutely no one to score goals.

11Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:37 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well let's hope that Leclaire gets the SO on Thursday, he has been playing so well he definitely deserves at least one in the SO column.

12Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rinne could steal a game. He hasn't played well yet, so maybe the sophomore curse is a live and well. We need to break him early, then switch it into overdrive and deliver some pizza.

They are keeping the top two lines intact. Good. I don't care how they number them, as long as they allow them to continue generate some chemistry.

13Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

On Team 1200 Clouston said it's more likely that Kuba will be back Saturday not Thursday.

Elliott will probably start.

Last edited by Hoags on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:02 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I'll be watching this one from the stands. yes!

15Sens practice notes from Tuesday Empty Re: Sens practice notes from Tuesday Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:19 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

From TSN's Ice Chips today...

Rookie Peter Regin is probable for Thursday's game against Nashville. He has missed the last three games with a shoulder injury. - TSN

D Filip Kuba did not practice with the team on Tuesday. He skated for 45 minutes on his own, but is doubtful for Thursday's game. - TSN

Tuesday's Practice Lines

Forwards:
Kovalev - Fisher - Alfredsson
Michalek - Spezza - Cheechoo
Foligno - Regin - Neil
Ruutu - Kelly - Donovan
Shannon - Winchester

Defencemen:
Phillips - Volchenkov
Campoli - Karlsson
Picard - Carkner

Goaltenders: