GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens practice lines in Sweden

+7
PTFlea
jamvan
COLLAR UP
Hayden
Cronie
smash88
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:10 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just got this alert from Sportsnet in my inbox...

The Senators held their first practice in Sweden Monday and coach Craig Hartsburg put Daniel Alfredsson back on the big line.

The lines were as follows:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Vermette - Fisher - Winchester
Foligno - Kelly - Neil
Ruutu - Bass - Donovan

Go to Sportsnet.ca for more on the story

Hard to resist the temptation to keep the big line together.

2Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:11 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, it is so tempting! I'm not sure how this will play out over the course of a season but the second line will definitely be counted on for some goals... I'm excited about the start of the season though!

Anyone know if the Frolunda game is on TV yet? I really hope atleast CI has it... Been very very disappointed in the pre-season coverage on CI.. Has the regular season sched come out yet??

3Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:16 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Smash: you can see the broadcast schedule at the Sens website. Check it out:

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule

4Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:20 am

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

so the best sens line so far - neil, ruutu, fisher are all on seperate lines - i don't understand and i don't understand the panic to put the big line together again so quickly.

5Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 am

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Hayden wrote:so the best sens line so far - neil, ruutu, fisher are all on seperate lines - i don't understand and i don't understand the panic to put the big line together again so quickly.

I don't mind the big line suiting up together...

but I agree...Neil, Ruutu and Fish or for that matter Bass...was a dynamite line...so why split them all up...

furthermore...from what I am hearing the Verm-Foligno-Winchester line was also pretty wicked...so why not try them out...this...if it works...allows Alfie to play with the big guns...

Heat-Spez-Alfie
Verm-Foligno-Winchester
Ruutu-Fish-Neil

I guess the question is...where does this leave Kelly?...Perhaps he is part of this on-again rumoured CHI Khabi deal?

6Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:35 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Just got this alert from Sportsnet in my inbox...

The Senators held their first practice in Sweden Monday and coach Craig Hartsburg put Daniel Alfredsson back on the big line.

Foligno - Kelly - Neil
Ruutu - Bass - Donovan

Solid lines for sure. Where's McCammond?

7Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:Solid lines for sure. Where's McCammond?
HA! I missed that... hmmmm... may have been an extra as I'm sure they brought a lot more than needed due to the travel.

8Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:45 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Just got this alert from Sportsnet in my inbox...

Foligno - Kelly - Neil
Ruutu - Bass - Donovan

We definitely need to move some players... But then again the team is in Sweden so I can't see anything major happening while they are over there.. But I have seen crazier things happen..

9Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:20 am

These lines have more to do with where they are practicing and playing. Being in Sweden of course Hartsburg is going to put Alfie on the big line. Do not read too much into these line combos.

10Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:21 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

notch4077 wrote:These lines have more to do with where they are practicing and playing. Being in Sweden of course Hartsburg is going to put Alfie on the big line. Do not read too much into these line combos.

Yeah actually never thought of it that way... you may be right...

11Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Riiiight about to be waived or traded to make some extra room for Khabby. Wink

12Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:51 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Riiiight about to be waived or traded to make some extra room for Khabby. Wink

LOL... Let's hope! :D

13Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:17 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Murray came out and said that Khabby was too expensive (not that this necessarily means anything...), but more importantly, Khabibulin isn't really an upgrade. Now if we can pull off a deal to include one of their younger defensive prospects, then I'd do it in a second - stack our future D with young studs in the mold of Karlsson and Lee, led by the vets (Phillips, Volchenkov, Smith) and it almost won't matter who is behind them.

14Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone get just a little excited seeing Sundin with Alfie today pre-game?

15Sens practice lines in Sweden Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:28 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Anyone get just a little excited seeing Sundin with Alfie today pre-game?

I was joking with my friends saying wouldn't it be brilliant if Alfredsson slipped Bryan Murray's phone number on a piece of paper with the words "CALL ME" under the puck when he handed it to him after the ceremonial face off.

Or even better he gives him the puck and there's a contract with a pen and he tells Sundin that he refuses to let go of the handshake until he signs.

I can dream...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum