GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens practice lines in Sweden

+7
PTFlea
jamvan
COLLAR UP
Hayden
Cronie
smash88
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:17 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Murray came out and said that Khabby was too expensive (not that this necessarily means anything...), but more importantly, Khabibulin isn't really an upgrade. Now if we can pull off a deal to include one of their younger defensive prospects, then I'd do it in a second - stack our future D with young studs in the mold of Karlsson and Lee, led by the vets (Phillips, Volchenkov, Smith) and it almost won't matter who is behind them.

17Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone get just a little excited seeing Sundin with Alfie today pre-game?

18Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:28 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Anyone get just a little excited seeing Sundin with Alfie today pre-game?

I was joking with my friends saying wouldn't it be brilliant if Alfredsson slipped Bryan Murray's phone number on a piece of paper with the words "CALL ME" under the puck when he handed it to him after the ceremonial face off.

Or even better he gives him the puck and there's a contract with a pen and he tells Sundin that he refuses to let go of the handshake until he signs.

I can dream...

19Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:53 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Anyone get just a little excited seeing Sundin with Alfie today pre-game?

I wonder what the sens would have to move in order to be able to sign Sundin?

20Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:25 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I looked at it as a bit odd - don't they usually use retired/famous people who are not currently active players?

Is this a hint that he isn't coming back at all? (Although he looked to be in fairly good shape, from what you can tell for a guy in a suit)

21Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:31 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:

I wonder what the sens would have to move in order to be able to sign Sundin?

My guess Kelly's salary would be a start if Murray could get Sundin to commit to 2 years.

22Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:42 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

How about nobody? The Avs (according to Eklund, so likely it will never happen) want to sign Forsberg and Sundin, and they have $6 million in cap space. I think teams are hoping for a sweetheart deal like Selanne.

23Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:33 am

DashRiprock wrote:How about nobody? The Avs (according to Eklund, so likely it will never happen) want to sign Forsberg and Sundin, and they have $6 million in cap space. I think teams are hoping for a sweetheart deal like Selanne.

I am actully loving the team make-up right now. LOVING IT, other than in goal. NOT loving it. I am starting to come around to a Khabibulin on re-entry wish. He is at least a big game goalie in a contract year. I like that combination of things.

To me that means no point in adding a Sundin type unless we straighten our goaltending out and are in a playoff run..

Last edited by MurderOnIce on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

24Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MurderOnIce wrote:I am actully loving the team make-up right now. LOVING IT, other than in goal. NOT loving it. I am starting to come aroung to a Khabibulin on re-entry wish. He is at least a big game goalie in a contract year. I like that combination of things.

To me that means no point in adding a Sundin type unless we straighten our goaltending out and are in a playoff run..
Gerber's in a contract year as well, so if he wants to continue to get paid to play, he's going to have to perform this year. Hopefully for the Sens, he does.

25Sens practice lines in Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens practice lines in Sweden Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

shabbs wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:I am actully loving the team make-up right now. LOVING IT, other than in goal. NOT loving it. I am starting to come around to a Khabibulin on re-entry wish. He is at least a big game goalie in a contract year. I like that combination of things.

Gerber's in a contract year as well, so if he wants to continue to get paid to play, he's going to have to perform this year. Hopefully for the Sens, he does.

The part thats missing is big game goalie. He is a goalie who can't handle pressure. There is pressure in a contract year. My prediction a consistently stinky matress.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum