GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Sens Notes

+9
wprager
asq2
LeCaptain
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
Acrobat
SensFan71
BigRig
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Random Sens Notes Empty Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.Patrick Wiercioch is going to the U-20 Canada Camp

2.If Ruslan Bashkirov is not signed today (June 1st), the Senators will lose his rights.

3.Erik Condra must be signed by August 15th, or the Sens will lose his rights as well.

I don't think the Sens would be compensated if either of these guys went back into the draft or signed with another team, but that is a rule I'm not 100% sure of.

4.Erik Karlsson and Kaspars Daugavins have been drafted in the KHL amateur draft. Karlsson will laugh at them, but Daugavins might look at this as a good opportunity.

2Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:12 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:1.Patrick Wiercioch is going to the U-20 Canada Camp

2.If Ruslan Bashkirov is not signed today (June 1st), the Senators will lose his rights.

3.Erik Condra must be signed by August 15th, or the Sens will lose his rights as well.

I don't think the Sens would be compensated if either of these guys went back into the draft or signed with another team, but that is a rule I'm not 100% sure of.

4.Erik Karlsson and Kaspars Daugavins have been drafted in the KHL amateur draft. Karlsson will laugh at them, but Daugavins might look at this as a good opportunity.

Hey Heat,

Any confirmation of that guy from the Finnish Leaguie signing with us last week?

3Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BigRig77 wrote:

Hey Heat,

Any confirmation of that guy from the Finnish Leaguie signing with us last week?

No, not yet. Should be announced soon enough I would imagine.

4Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Will be tremendously upset if they don't resign Condra, heard a lot of good things about this prospect, not sure if I will shed a tear on Bashkirov, I don't know much about him, but I know our most recent russian prospects (jury still out on Zubov) have been busts.

5Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:Will be tremendously upset if they don't resign Condra, heard a lot of good things about this prospect, not sure if I will shed a tear on Bashkirov, I don't know much about him, but I know our most recent russian prospects (jury still out on Zubov) have been busts.

I wouldn't be happy for sure, but I've now adopted the Wings' philosophy big time: If you want to play for the Ottawa Senators, you had better be prepared to adhere to our management and our system and our rules. If there's a legitimate reason for not signing the contract with us, we'll hear about it, but if there's a dispute as to when you'll make the NHL or that you won't play in Bingo, then we don't need that kind of player anymore.

Now, by legitimate reason for not signing, I mean that he carries a 3.7 GPA and is in pre-med in Notre Dame Uni - I believe. So if he doesn't sign, it means that he's chosen a career in medicine, something that I'm sure we can all understand.

6Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Even if that's the case (he continues down the pre-med road), he can still sign a contract with clauses addressing that.

7Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:

Hey Heat,

According to tsn.ca it is a one year 2 way deal

8Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Here's an article on O'Brien from the Sens site: http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=424567&cmpid=rss-brodie

Says he has some work to do, liekyl playing with Bingo next year, and that once he improves his size, strength on the puck, etc, he will be a solid winger. When did he transition from Center to Wing?

9Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Here's an article on O'Brien from the Sens site: http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=424567&cmpid=rss-brodie

Says he has some work to do, liekyl playing with Bingo next year, and that once he improves his size, strength on the puck, etc, he will be a solid winger. When did he transition from Center to Wing?

I don't know but started at D, then Center, now winger. MIght end up being our N1 goalie.

10Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Here's an article on O'Brien from the Sens site: http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=424567&cmpid=rss-brodie

They asked him to work on it in Seattle and they'll work on it in Bingo as well. We have too many centers, I remember reading this, so that's good news.

He was a defender when he first started out.

11Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

They asked him to work on it in Seattle and they'll work on it in Bingo as well. We have too many centers, I remember reading this, so that's good news.

He was a defender when he first started out.

Too bad.

I loved the idea of Z. Smith - O'Brien - Foligno as a line.

12Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:41 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

If he can play both (C and W) well then that just makes him more valuable, and give Murray more trade options.

If by some odd chance he is also a viable defenseman, then he's just a freak of nature. But we'll take it.

EDIT:

If he is C/W and so is Fisher (and Foligno, for that matter), imagine the destruction that the three of them could do together...and they could take turns parking in the crease.

13Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Haven't seen anything, so I guess it's bye-bye Ruslan?

14Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote: If he can play both (C and W) well then that just makes him more valuable, and give Murray more trade options.

If by some odd chance he is also a viable defenseman, then he's just a freak of nature. But we'll take it.

EDIT:

If he is C/W and so is Fisher (and Foligno, for that matter), imagine the destruction that the three of them could do together...and they could take turns parking in the crease.

Now that would be fun to watch. We could call them the OFF line as in they'll OFF anyone who gets in their way? OK that was bad. Facepalm

- Unknown Author

15Random Sens Notes Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Haven't seen anything, so I guess it's bye-bye Ruslan?
I would guess so...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum