GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Sens Notes

+9
wprager
asq2
LeCaptain
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
Acrobat
SensFan71
BigRig
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Rumors are starting again that Smith will retire before next season.

Really?

32Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:31 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:Rumors are starting again that Smith will retire before next season.

Really?

It was in Sens Chirp's Tuesday Notes.

33Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

is it due to injury? i was really happy when they signed him but i was also hoping that they would sign a PMD. Campoli came too late... well that could clear 2.6 millions for a foward...

34Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:is it due to injury? i was really happy when they signed him but i was also hoping that they would sign a PMD. Campoli came too late... well that could clear 2.6 millions for a foward...

He injured his knee and missed the last 15 or so games of the season. Talk around that time was that it could be a career ender. That talk never went away completely.

35Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Probably good for Ottawa, but I feel for the guy - he gives it all out there, so it would have been nice for him to go out a winner.

36Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:is it due to injury? i was really happy when they signed him but i was also hoping that they would sign a PMD. Campoli came too late... well that could clear 2.6 millions for a foward...

He injured his knee and missed the last 15 or so games of the season. Talk around that time was that it could be a career ender. That talk never went away completely.

no i remember that, i just thought he might of been persuaded to retire... if i remember correctly there is an age where you can retire and still cash in your salary.

37Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I remember the rumours at the time and thought they might be overblown, but if this is potentially coming out and Jason Smith could retire or miss a substantial part of the season (read: come back for the playoffs!), this isn't an entirely bad thing.

38Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Seems to me that he would have the pride and decency not to just retire, though, as it would screw Ottawa by keeping the cap hit on the books. It just doesn't seem to be his style.

I'd suspect that if he can play to usual level, he comes back, otherwise, he stays on LTIR until he can retire.

39Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Seems to me that he would have the pride and decency not to just retire, though, as it would screw Ottawa by keeping the cap hit on the books. It just doesn't seem to be his style.

I'd suspect that if he can play to usual level, he comes back, otherwise, he stays on LTIR until he can retire.

Because we signed him when he was under 35 years old (34), if he retires, his money comes right off the cap.

40Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:26 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Acrobat wrote:Seems to me that he would have the pride and decency not to just retire, though, as it would screw Ottawa by keeping the cap hit on the books. It just doesn't seem to be his style.

Because we signed him when he was under 35 years old (34), if he retires, his money comes right off the cap.

My bad. I thought he was over 35 at signing.

41Random Sens Notes - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Sens Notes Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:
504Heater wrote:

My bad. I thought he was over 35 at signing.

Nah, he just looked over 35. Way over 35.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum