GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting write up, courtesy of Sens Hobo

+2
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I came across this interesting article by Sens Hobo talking about an interesting situation within the Sens... Check it out, it's worth a read. It certainly opened my eyes a bit.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/sh/comments/sens_cast_a_league_leader_aside_why/

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Question to Hartsburg:

Instead of giving Fisher the plum of playing the point on the 1st PP unit, why not insist that he park himself in front of the net?

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I've noticed Vermette being on Kelly's wing for faceoffs and it gave me pause.

Definitely a head-scratcher. scratch

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Question to Hartsburg:

Instead of giving Fisher the plum of playing the point on the 1st PP unit, why not insist that he park himself in front of the net?

I nominate this as a Hartsburg coaching tip of the DAY! Smile

SeawaySensFan wrote:Question to Hartsburg:

Sigh....yet another reason to miss Chara Sad

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I do miss the big guy.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mattshock wrote:I do miss the big guy.

I knew letting Chara go would hurt the franchise long-term and I actually had to argue that point until I was blue in the face. And, believe it or not, still (!) have to argue with some.

Bottom line. He's gone and the coach could easily try different things with the hand he's dealt and so far he's making some bad decisions. A lot of which fly in the face of the "accountability" bill of goods we were sold in the off-season.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't we all... Damn you Muckler, Damn you Redden. Damn you all TO HELL!!

Pfew! Now I feel better. LOL

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Eklund's starting up the Ville Koistinen rumors, but with Montreal and Toronto interested, no mention of Ottawa, who is the only team that really needs his kind of services. He was a name mentioned in the off season, why isn't Ottawa making a move? Couldn't Schubert alone get the deal done?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's to say Murray isn't making inquiries?

C'mon Dash, consider the source man...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

True, point taken.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Eklund's starting up the Ville Koistinen rumors, but with Montreal and Toronto interested, no mention of Ottawa, who is the only team that really needs his kind of services. He was a name mentioned in the off season, why isn't Ottawa making a move? Couldn't Schubert alone get the deal done?

Definitely not. Schubert plus a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick might get it done, but that deal wouldn't make much sense from NAS's point of view. They need offence, particularly, wingers.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Who's to say Murray isn't making inquiries?

C'mon Dash, consider the source man...

Are you questioning Burt's integrity??

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I was listening to McGuire on the Team 990 (Montreal) last night and he figures that the Bouwmeester trade would not include a big name. He said Montreal could get Bouwmeester for Higgings, a prospect (I forget the name) and a 2nd round pick; he said that's a done deal right there.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:I was listening to McGuire on the Team 990 (Montreal) last night and he figures that the Bouwmeester trade would not include a big name. He said Montreal could get Bouwmeester for Higgings, a prospect (I forget the name) and a 2nd round pick; he said that's a done deal right there.

Yeah. McGuire seems to think Montreal will bag every big name out there somehow. Including Gaborik, Sundin and Bouwmeester.

Again, I don't get how that package trumps Vermette (still under contract next year, unlike Higgins), Lee (NHL ready), Zubov (NHL ready) and a 1st.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum