GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Prospect Camp - Interesting storylines to watch.

+24
TeamRenzo
TheAvatar
SDH89
shabbs
rooneypoo
jawal
stempniaksen
CockRoche
beerandsens
PKC
Riprock
asq2
Devo
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
wprager
Hoags
SensHulk
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
M_Christopher
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 32]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

M_Christopher wrote:
N4L wrote:Is Daugvanins there? He isnt. Is Bass? No. Wick is almost 25 years old and has played pro for a while now, he doesnt NEED to come to prospect camp.

Your right he doesn't need to, but that being said neither Bass nore Daugavins is anywhere near a roster spot anymore...and by all accounts seem hell bent on being AHL'ers for life.

He wouldn't be the only 24 year old at camp, just saying it is a little off that he isn't there. Could be nothing but it's worth noting.

I'd say that Daughavins showed that he wanted it pretty bad the way he exploded in the 2nd half of the year in Bingo. As for Bass....can't help him too much. This next season in Bingo will tell the tale - IF we even re-sign him - which I don't see why we wouldn't.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I hope Wick impresses here, he looked real good in the Olympics

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What is Bashkirov doing here? I must have missed that the first time.

He'll never make it, might as well have stayed in Russia. When he left to go back home, he diddled himself upside down.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I hope Wick impresses here, he looked real good in the Olympics

He won't be attending the development camp. Probably because he's already developed. Ahhhhh!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

He won't be attending the development camp. Probably because he's already developed. Ahhhhh! [/quote]

Well I meant in the Sens organization (ie. training camp). It'd be nice to another exciting forward prospect (not named Regin).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Well I meant in the Sens organization (ie. training camp). It'd be nice to another exciting forward prospect (not named Regin).

In that respect, yeah it's very exciting. He and Butler literally have the opportunity of a lifetime.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I've never heard of Bashkirov before, but I'm interested to see how he looks in this camp.

Check this out to see some of his best work:

Say you, say me. Say it together.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From Mendes:

Weircoch on making team "I wouldn't have left school if I didn't think I had a legitimate shot to make the team."

Jared Cowen on making team: "It's the #1 goal now. It was the goal last year, but it's more realistic this year with the knee being 100%."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

People who went to the DC today are raving about Cowen. That's a positive sign.

And Butler, a few people were saying that he's head and shoulders above everyone else.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:People who went to the DC today are raving about Cowen. That's a positive sign.

And Butler, a few people were saying that he's head and shoulders above everyone else.
FingersCrossed

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is anyone reporting from the DC? A guy at work won the draw for some passes but he's as busy as I am so I'm pretty sure he didn't get a chance to go yesterday. I want to hear some honest assessments from someone with experience or at least someone who was there last year. Saying people are raving about Cowen tells me absolutely nothing.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Is there a camp on the weekend too? Open to the public? I have to go see these guys, I saw some last year and would love to see how they've improved from then. If anyone knows the schedule please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Tonight there is an open scrimmage (6pm) for season ticket holders along with a meet and greet of the Sens (prospects only I'm assuming, I could be wrong) afterwards. I think the scrimmage is open to the general public.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps the Murrays are high enough on Cowen and Weircioch that they don't feel it necessary to replace A-Train and just promote from within? It's not like we'll be contenders next season anyway right? If one of Cowen or Weircioch are ready to make the jump you have to clear a spot for them IMO.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps the Murrays are high enough on Cowen and Weircioch that they don't feel it necessary to replace A-Train and just promote from within? It's not like we'll be contenders next season anyway right? If one of Cowen or Weircioch are ready to make the jump you have to clear a spot for them IMO.

I agree completely. If this is a transition year for our D-men to get their feet wet, so be it. We'll still have a blast watching our team play and we will still be very comptetitive.

Cowen is sooooo close to being ready, I think he actually makes the team out of camp now. Gryba would have been pretty sweet but I think Cowen takes that spot.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps the Murrays are high enough on Cowen and Weircioch that they don't feel it necessary to replace A-Train and just promote from within? It's not like we'll be contenders next season anyway right? If one of Cowen or Weircioch are ready to make the jump you have to clear a spot for them IMO.

Then they're imbeciles.

If we're not contenders then they should focus on making the team a contender. I'll tell you what, all this "patience" will end up paying off when Florida and Tampa start pushing us out of the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a very dangerous way of managing the team IMO. Cowen is close for sure, he can probably play NHL hockey and be decent. Wiercioch will play for sure, but why rush? Why not get a Michalek for 4 years and ease these guys into the lineup when there are injuries - like with Subban?

Doesn't make sense to walk away from the perfect UFA D-men on the market (for our situation) just because you *think* that Cowen and Wiercioch *might* be ready for spot duty.

This is all IMO, but I would absolutely and positively shore up the top 4 spots and let the young guys compete with Campoli and Carkner and also for when there are injuries (and there inevitably are, especially with Kuba on the squad).

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm kind of split.

Clearly building through FA hasn't worked for the Rangers, or Oilers, Flames, Leafs, Florida. Over the last 2 or 3 years those are the teams who have signed a larger percentage of players from other teams.

If building through FA isn't possible any more then why should we demand Ottawa or New Jersey, or St. Louis (whatever your team is) do it?

Why not save the cap room and start to develop talent inside an organization. If the players you draft are not good enough to play in 2 or 3 years after drafting, then either your scouts, or coaches (minor league, conditioning..etc) are not doing their job.

Am I Crazy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum