GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

+20
Urkie
caissie_1
stempniaksen
PKC
SensGirl11
SensHulk
Flo The Action
asq2
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGal
SDH89
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 35]

151All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 am

Luongo craps the bed in another game, shocker. 16 goals at home in 3 games, WOW, thats about as bad as it gets. The series isnt on him but he didnt do anything to really help his team out.

Sedins were invisable, Kessler was a non factor, and Van's D was beat up. All that said, Luongo proved again he is anything but a money goaltender at this series was over in game 4 because he couldnt stop a beachball.

152All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 7:02 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Oh well, unless they come back in the third, congrats to the Hawks.

Go Sharks!

any team but the sharks! Dammit! heatley!

153All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 7:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Yeah, the most successful franchise of the past 3 years need to trade Malkin for wingers? mmh yeah, no.

Wow what a massive resume those Pens have. Everyone should copy their model of organizational success. Forget modeling after Detroit. These guys have 3 whole years of being the most successful.

154All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 7:37 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

What a series Sharks vs. Hawks will be. Hawks in 6! Hitting their stride at the perfect time.

155All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 8:35 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Justin Goldman with a good article on how goalies like Luongo, Miller, Brodeur are drained once they reach the playoffs:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2790:energy-drain&catid=31:justin-goldman&Itemid=100

I believe if they had Willie Mitchell, the Canucks would have won the series.

I want Douglas Murray to just knock Dustin Byfuglien out.

156All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 9:07 am

The Hawks are a better team then The Canucks by a mile. Mitchell would not have been the difference. They actually need to score to win some games and Mitchell wasnt going to do that.

They also gave up 2 back breakers short handed, again, Mitchell would not have been on the PP.

You can believe what you want but The Hawks are a better team, more balanced, more disaplined, and their goaltending is a wash. Neimi out played Luongo.

As for Luong being tired, maybe, maybe not, but Nabokov seems to be doing alright, Flurry is still chugging along, Last year Osgood was fine, along with the year before.

Fact of the matter is, Brodeur is old, Miller plays on a crappy team, and Luongo is a good goaltender that doesnt play well in big games. He isnt great.

157All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
marakh wrote:Yeah, the most successful franchise of the past 3 years need to trade Malkin for wingers? mmh yeah, no.

Wow what a massive resume those Pens have. Everyone should copy their model of organizational success. Forget modeling after Detroit. These guys have 3 whole years of being the most successful.

For those following along:

Step 1 - put your team on the verge of being moved, put it up for sale, then cross your fingers that there'll be another lockout, another lottery that YOUR team wins in order to pick up a super star media darling that will save your franchise

Step 2 - Continue to suck and hope your high first round picks turn into guys like Malkin and Staal.

- Unknown Author

158All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

For those following along:

Step 1 - put your team on the verge of being moved, put it up for sale, then cross your fingers that there'll be another lockout, another lottery that YOUR team wins in order to pick up a super star media darling that will save your franchise

Step 2 - Continue to suck and hope your high first round picks turn into guys like Malkin and Staal.

You forgot the old bettman rule: "your team must reside in a useless hockey market somewhere in the United States"

159All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 1:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm just realizing how disappointed I am in the Canucks. I was going for the Hawks at first, then I switched to support the only Canadian team (and because I don't really care).

How does a team with Luongo and the Sedins and Kesler and Burrows and what was supposed to be an un-flashy, yet good D lose in the 2nd round. If I were a Canuck fan, I'd be pissed off this morn.

160All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm just realizing how disappointed I am in the Canucks. I was going for the Hawks at first, then I switched to support the only Canadian team (and because I don't really care).

How does a team with Luongo and the Sedins and Kesler and Burrows and what was supposed to be an un-flashy, yet good D lose in the 2nd round. If I were a Canuck fan, I'd be pissed off this morn.

The only Canadian team eh? Thinking

I had originally picked the Canucks and then quickly switched to the Hawks in 6. Thank goodness I did as it's the only points I'm likely to get out of this round barring a Habs victory and a monumental collapse by the Bruins the likes of which only occured twice in NHL history.

- Unknown Author

161All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 1:49 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's definitely in the way they lost. they couldn't hang with the hawks' best players at all. They need way more than just the sedins....better d-core would be ideal IMO. And Salo had no business playing yesterday...felt really bad for him.

162All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm just realizing how disappointed I am in the Canucks. I was going for the Hawks at first, then I switched to support the only Canadian team (and because I don't really care).

The only Canadian team eh? Thinking

I had originally picked the Canucks and then quickly switched to the Hawks in 6. Thank goodness I did as it's the only points I'm likely to get out of this round barring a Habs victory and a monumental collapse by the Bruins the likes of which only occured twice in NHL history.

Yeah, I'm dead, it's not even funny. It's been quite the year for me and hockey pools. Quite the year... Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

163All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 1:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:It's definitely in the way they lost. they couldn't hang with the hawks' best players at all. They need way more than just the sedins....better d-core would be ideal IMO. And Salo had no business playing yesterday...felt really bad for him.

Oh yeah man, me too. I was wincing every time he touched the puck and got hit. Bleh...

164All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal is not a Canadian team, they are Quebecois! All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 159628

165All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 3:15 pm

I agree with that too.

166All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah pretty much... Their fans don't support any other Canadian team when they're not in the playoffs (I know 100000+ habs fans and not one supported the Sens during the Cup run).

167All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 10:10 pm

marakh wrote:Yeah pretty much... Their fans don't support any other Canadian team when they're not in the playoffs (I know 100000+ habs fans and not one supported the Sens during the Cup run).

Haha, I have more respect for that then some people who jump on "Canadian Teams" band wagon's. It's The Habs and then everyone else, nothing else matters. I hate em but I respect that.

That's why Sens fans get shut up in their own building too.

168All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 11 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 11:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well I kinda like Vancouver and not that I support them or anything but I'd rather they win instead of Chicago, for example. But they lost, don't really care lol.
But Habs or Leafs, no Diddling way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum