GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

+20
Urkie
caissie_1
stempniaksen
PKC
SensGirl11
SensHulk
Flo The Action
asq2
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGal
SDH89
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 35]

91All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Hmmm Crosby with a goal already.

92All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:Hmmm Crosby with a goal already.

Its hard when Gill and Markov are out. Habs can't lose their way. I still think Crosby isn't playing his best. Although that goal may bring that back out.

93All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Yup, like I said, he wasnt going to be help off the board for the next 2 games.

94All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 7:45 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

That may be all he does though. Regardless of if he is a great player or not, he can be shut down. I mean the caps that HUGE offensive team, in which Pens only beat once in the regular season, the Habs did beat.

Although Pens are looking good. Its a shame Habs have all their injury. I'd LOVE Pens to lose, and I'm like 99% sure Pens will win the series, it just hurts me.

95All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Pens are banged up too, lets not pretend it is just The Habs that are hurting. Stall is playing with basically a severed tendon. Hell, last year Gonchar played with a damaged ACL (what Markov has)

Crosby can be shut down for sure, not for 7 games though,

96All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

What hits you harder?

Staal out. OR Markov, Gill when playing against the Pens. I take Staal ANY DAY.

And yeah Markov could have played. But it would be the same as Michalek playing, I'm sure he wouldn't have done too too much. Well he didn't when he was playing.

And ACL injuries can range from minor to more severe. Depending. Even if one says its minor, maybe Markov's was alittle worse. Why play an injured player?

I'm not trying to say Crosby is a bad player, or that Pens are a bad team. They are the best in the East. But they can be stopped. This series should have been easy for them, but it hasn't been. You cannot say 100% that Pens will win. It is highly highly likely they will, and I would NEVER bet money (unless I had tonnes) on Montreal winning, but strange things can happen.

97All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nobody gave Gill any respect last year during the Pens Cup run, now he's the be all end all?

98All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

SensGal wrote:What hits you harder?

Staal out. OR Markov, Gill when playing against the Pens. I take Staal ANY DAY.

And yeah Markov could have played. But it would be the same as Michalek playing, I'm sure he wouldn't have done too too much. Well he didn't when he was playing.

And ACL injuries can range from minor to more severe. Depending. Even if one says its minor, maybe Markov's was alittle worse. Why play an injured player?

I'm not trying to say Crosby is a bad player, or that Pens are a bad team. They are the best in the East. But they can be stopped. This series should have been easy for them, but it hasn't been. You cannot say 100% that Pens will win. It is highly highly likely they will, and I would NEVER bet money (unless I had tonnes) on Montreal winning, but strange things can happen.

It depends, how valable is Staal to The Pens, probably about the same as Markov to The Habs. Sure The Pens can be beat but until someone does it people should really leave all the BS about Crosby not producing, (like 2 games without a point) or The Habs are playing hurt... everyone is playing hurt.

99All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 8:09 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

I don't know if Staal is as important to the Pens as the Habs. Staal is important, but when you look at how Habs have played without Markov, its really unbelievable. They need him.

Crosby hadn't scored in 7 games. Finally one tonight, and he had been looking pretty bad (for him) out there this series. Minus this game.

I cannot stand Crosby, so I want to see him fail, and I probably never will. I just think he gets alot of favoured calls, and he gets away with more than some players. And then the Media simply praises him. He's a great player, but he's not the only reason the Pens have made it where they are. Same with the Olympics, yeah he scored a timely goal, but he wasn't the only reason that Team Canada won.

On the flip side, I do feel bad for him, because when he does have bad streaks, its all thats talked about. That kid does have ALOT of pressure on him. I just think he's whiny and gets away with stuff, and still media praises him, It simply annoys me. So I want Habs to win.

You also can't say Habs haven't played well for being the 8th team, beating the Caps, and actually putting up a decent fight against the Pens. I don't even really like the Habs, but I am one who cheers for underdogs and goes against the grain.

100All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 8:16 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

On another note.... Boucher is now injured. :S Yikes!

101All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

bruins have completely lost their composure this game

102All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll stick to my original prediction of Flyers in 7!

103All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 9:38 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Habs win it!!! 4-3. Great effort by them tonight. I did not expect the Habs to score that much! So good on them.

104All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whatever, Pens get another home game to close out the series in front of their own fans

105All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Never say never... is all I'm gonna say. You can say probably, but that's. We shall see what happens on Wednesday.

106All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 9:52 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

ANother 2 days with this ole crap at work All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 489887

107All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

^^^ that sucks. I don't know any Habs fans, so I'm happy to cheer them on. Plus I win a pretty awesome bet with the bf if Habs win!

108All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 7 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Mon May 10, 2010 10:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Nobody gave Gill any respect last year during the Pens Cup run, now he's the be all end all?

Not at all, but if he's good enough to keep Sid to 3 assists in the first 5 games then imagine what Zdeno Chara will do -- bigger, faster, smarter and better offensively. The Pens are *not* all right. Something is up with Crosby (could be as banal as being tired), Malkin only wants to sit at the top of the circle and fire one-timers on the PP, and Staal is reduced to a third liner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum