GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

+20
Urkie
caissie_1
stempniaksen
PKC
SensGirl11
SensHulk
Flo The Action
asq2
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGal
SDH89
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 35]

166All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah pretty much... Their fans don't support any other Canadian team when they're not in the playoffs (I know 100000+ habs fans and not one supported the Sens during the Cup run).

167All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 10:10 pm

marakh wrote:Yeah pretty much... Their fans don't support any other Canadian team when they're not in the playoffs (I know 100000+ habs fans and not one supported the Sens during the Cup run).

Haha, I have more respect for that then some people who jump on "Canadian Teams" band wagon's. It's The Habs and then everyone else, nothing else matters. I hate em but I respect that.

That's why Sens fans get shut up in their own building too.

168All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 12, 2010 11:04 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Well I kinda like Vancouver and not that I support them or anything but I'd rather they win instead of Chicago, for example. But they lost, don't really care lol.
But Habs or Leafs, no Diddling way.

169All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 7:24 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
marakh wrote:Yeah pretty much... Their fans don't support any other Canadian team when they're not in the playoffs (I know 100000+ habs fans and not one supported the Sens during the Cup run).

Haha, I have more respect for that then some people who jump on "Canadian Teams" band wagon's. It's The Habs and then everyone else, nothing else matters. I hate em but I respect that.

That's why Sens fans get shut up in their own building too.

Indeed. It's quite frustrating when SENS season ticket holders do one of the following:

1 - Sell or give away their seats to HABS fans because they have a HABS fan friend that they think should get a chance to go.

2 - They pull out their HABS jersey for the HABS - SENS game and cheer on the HABS.

Insert LEAFS where you see HABS and you get the picture for LEAFS games. Throw in the opposing teams fans snatching up the non-Season seat tickets and it's no surprise we're 50/50 or out numbered.

- Unknown Author

170All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 11:53 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Most of Ottawa grew up as Habs/Leafs fans, so clearly there's going to be a split amongst the fans. Half the sens fans attending games in the playoffs have allegiances first to habs/leafs. It'll take a few more years before some of the young'ns take over as die-hard fans

171All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 1:02 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
marakh wrote:Yeah, the most successful franchise of the past 3 years need to trade Malkin for wingers? mmh yeah, no.

Wow what a massive resume those Pens have. Everyone should copy their model of organizational success. Forget modeling after Detroit. These guys have 3 whole years of being the most successful.

? A bit of a leap from marakh's post.

Anyway, the Wings' offence is built around a 1-2 centre punch as well.

172All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 pm

It will be interesting to see The Wings without Lindstom because without him the puck wont be getting up to those guys as quickly or effectivly.

173All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:It will be interesting to see The Wings without Lindstom because without him the puck wont be getting up to those guys as quickly or effectivly.

And Pittsburgh without Gonchar. Those guys will be in a tough spot as well.

- Unknown Author

174All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Malkin is in big trouble without Gonchar IMO. That right side on the PP will be covered without GOnchar on the point.

Man, Pitts would be smart move Malkin and just let Staal take that number 2 role. What a huge return Pitts would get and what a great team they could be. Malkin being moved will help The Pens more then he ever could in the future.

175All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I wonder if Round 3 starts Saturday or Sunday. Anyone have any idea?

176All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I wonder if Round 3 starts Saturday or Sunday. Anyone have any idea?

I read somewhere that the earliest that the Eastern Conference Finals could start would be Sunday. I don't know about the West.

- Unknown Author

177All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 3:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I wonder if Round 3 starts Saturday or Sunday. Anyone have any idea?

I read somewhere that the earliest that the Eastern Conference Finals could start would be Sunday. I don't know about the West.

Hopefully the Sharks/Hawks start Saturday!! What would a Saturday be without hockey? Shrug

178All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Both games are gonna be on Sunday. Sharks-Hawks at 3, Canadiens at 7.

Last edited by Big Ev on Thu May 13, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

179All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

You mean sunday....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=529112

180All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Thu May 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:You mean sunday....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=529112

Yeah I meant Sunday, don't know why I wrote Saturday

181All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Fri May 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Flyers up 4-3 late in the third after coming back from 3-0 down in the first period. It would be a fitting way to have game 7 end, with the Flyers winning the game the way they won the series.

I gotta wonder if there will be changes in Beantown should they blow this seemingly insurmountable lead.

182All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, they did it.

183All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 12 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Fri May 14, 2010 11:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, one of the best games I've ever seen. Actually, that was probably the best game I've ever seen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum