GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess who the Sens draft..

+12
SeawaySensFan
Straight Shooter
Devo
stempniaksen
asq2
LeCaptain
Riprock
Ev
SDH89
Tuk Tuk
cain69
Phoenix30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L and SS are right.

The only way the order of the regular season changes is when the teams make it to the conf final. As far as I know that's the way it's been for at least 3 or 4 years now.

The Real Devo

62Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:

You're just a Norman Fell and a Richard Kline away from a hilarious misunderstanding.

Frankly it's embarrassing, and it has me wondering what else he's used that PC for. I hate the thought that cached cookies may have allowed him into facebook accounts, or other sites which hold personal information.

When I get back from the lovely town of Poughkeepsie, I'll have to break the news to him that he's moving out.

SS, you have no idea how badly I feel. I really truly am sorry that this happened.

63Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Bjugstad

Murray type player who has power forward written all over him.

That said if there was ever a way to get Niederreiter you have to do it. He was a standout at the WJ's and is already big enough to play in the NHL with more to grow. I think he is a top 5 pick.

64Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:07 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

111519 wrote:Bjugstad

Murray type player who has power forward written all over him.

That said if there was ever a way to get Niederreiter you have to do it. He was a standout at the WJ's and is already big enough to play in the NHL with more to grow. I think he is a top 5 pick.

Murray has only ever drafted one player out the first round from the NCAA and that was Jim O'Brien (arguable a Muckler draft pick since it was done with mostly Muckler scouting staff). And although I would love Bjugstad on this team (I have him rated in my own top 15) it wouldn't fit Murray's drafting habits.

Bjugstad also doesn't play like a power forward. It doesn't mean he couldn't develop into that guy, just that it's not his playing style right now.

65Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Skinner, Johanssen, or some euro based on his scoutes who have done a fantastic job scouting in Sweden thus far.

66Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:I understand it the way N4L and SS have it, but are we 100% that what fake-Devo was saying is untrue? My understanding is that CF teams go 27-30 and then the rest of the positions simply depend on regular season record, which puts us square in 18th, for the moment. That's right, is it not?

30th SC CHampion
29th SC Finalist
28th Conference finalist
27th Conference finalist
26th to 15th:
Remaining division leaders out in 1st or 2nd round (example, new jersey, then buffalo).
THEN
teams out in the 1st and 2nd round, not division leaders, and from the best regular season record to the worst.

67Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Devo wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:What did you not understand? Carolina made it to the conference finals, so they moved up. There is no possible way Ottawa will draft 15th unless a trade is made, let me just say that. There is nothing I have said that is WRONG as you put it. I don't have to research something I already know as fact.

So who will draft ahead of Ottawa?

Boston, nope they moved up
Philly, nope they moved up
Colorado, nope they finished with more points than Ottawa
Nashville, nope they finished with more points than Ottawa

Straight from the NHL's website.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then wildcard teams are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POSITION. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH RECORD..ergo.

OTTAWA GETS the 15TH OR 16TH PICK
Ottawa picks 18th and will take (my prediction) Emerson Etem - Medicine Hat Tigers

68Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:01 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

There's like 69 available power forwards in this draft, just pick one murray.

69Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Quinton Howden is a big kid and apparently has some really good speed, at which point he becomes an exceptional dangler.

70Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Skinner, Johanssen, or some euro based on his scoutes who have done a fantastic job scouting in Sweden thus far.

Calle Jarnkrok would be the Swede if they're going to take one. Cool

Unfortunately, Forsberg has taken a job offer to be a coach in the SEL, so this is our last draft he'll be scouting for us. Crying

71Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:18 pm

Well, a little closer to a player of Murray's choosing. Not that Philly or Boston care, they have 2 1st anyways.

Easier to move up as well and perhaps a guy like Skinner or Johansen is a real posibility.

72Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Of one thing we can be sure. Murray will make a "splash" at the draft. Just ask the media they'll tell ya. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

73Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You're just a Norman Fell and a Richard Kline away from a hilarious misunderstanding.

Frankly it's embarrassing, and it has me wondering what else he's used that PC for. I hate the thought that cached cookies may have allowed him into facebook accounts, or other sites which hold personal information.

When I get back from the lovely town of Poughkeepsie, I'll have to break the news to him that he's moving out.

SS, you have no idea how badly I feel. I really truly am sorry that this happened.

It's quite simple. Password protect your PC.

- Unknown Author

74Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Of one thing we can be sure. Murray will make a "splash" at the draft. Just ask the media they'll tell ya. Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 159628

Yup. And, in playoff elimination games or games down the stretch when you're already out of the playoffs, Murray would be deciding who wants to be part of team and who doesn't and he will make the necessary adjustments.

Also, with all the new players signed, there will be healthy competetion for jobs in camp.

All this in spite of one-way deals, NT/NMCs and bloated, untradeable contracts.

The media are imbeciles.

75Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:11 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Of one thing we can be sure. Murray will make a "splash" at the draft. Just ask the media they'll tell ya. Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 159628

Yup. And, in playoff elimination games or games down the stretch when you're already out of the playoffs, Murray would be deciding who wants to be part of team and who doesn't and he will make the necessary adjustments.

Also, with all the new players signed, there will be healthy competetion for jobs in camp.

All this in spite of one-way deals, NT/NMCs and bloated, untradeable contracts.

The media are imbeciles.

I realize the sarcasm here, but I think Murray will be drafting in the top 10

76Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.Granlund
2.Skinner
3.Etem
4.Watson
5.Bjugstad
6.Howden

One of these, but it's so hard to tell who's gonna be gone and who's not.

If Connolly is around, you take him, hip problems or not. He's way too good not to be taken mid round.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum