GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess who the Sens draft..

+12
SeawaySensFan
Straight Shooter
Devo
stempniaksen
asq2
LeCaptain
Riprock
Ev
SDH89
Tuk Tuk
cain69
Phoenix30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Straight Shooter wrote:What did you not understand? Carolina made it to the conference finals, so they moved up. There is no possible way Ottawa will draft 15th unless a trade is made, let me just say that. There is nothing I have said that is WRONG as you put it. I don't have to research something I already know as fact.

So who will draft ahead of Ottawa?

Boston, nope they moved up
Philly, nope they moved up
Colorado, nope they finished with more points than Ottawa
Nashville, nope they finished with more points than Ottawa

Straight from the NHL's website.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then wildcard teams are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POSITION. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH RECORD..ergo.

OTTAWA GETS the 15TH OR 16TH PICK

47Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I won't predict who they will draft. But they should draft the best available non-Russian winger. Preferably a LW or an El Nino, who is ranked 12th among North American skaters. Could happen. Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 422187

48Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:58 am

Devo wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:What did you not understand? Carolina made it to the conference finals, so they moved up. There is no possible way Ottawa will draft 15th unless a trade is made, let me just say that. There is nothing I have said that is WRONG as you put it. I don't have to research something I already know as fact.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then wildcard teams are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.

You have to make the conferance final to move down in the draft. IE Boston would still draft right behind Ottawa if they lost in the 2nd round but would move up to the 26-30 spot if they made it to the conferance final.

Getting to the 2nd round does not change your draft position.

I might remove that last comment because you're wrong on this one.

Last edited by N4L on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

49Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:58 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

I won't get into name calling and capital letters like you, how about I just say that Ottawa, unless a trade happens will not draft 15th or 16th because there is no way the conference finals in the east will be a combination of 2 teams from Boston, philadelphia or Montreal. Even if that unlikely scenario did happen, whichever team didn't make it, they would pick 15th.

50Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:02 am

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Straight Shooter wrote:I won't get into name calling and capital letters like you, how about I just say that Ottawa, unless a trade happens will not draft 15th or 16th because there is no way the conference finals in the east will be a combination of 2 teams from Boston, philadelphia or Montreal. Even if that unlikely scenario did happen, whichever team didn't make it, they would pick 15th.

I'm done with you..

In 2008 Dallas finished 5th in their conference, and 8th in the league. Montreal finished 1st in the Eastern Conference and 3rd in the league, yet Montreal exited the playoffs in the 2nd round and Dallas left in the 3rd round.

By your logic, Dallas should have picked ahead of Montreal is that correct?

51Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you. You are right. And angry guy is WRONG as he would say.
N4L wrote:
Devo wrote:

You have to make the conferance final to move down in the draft. IE Boston would still draft right behind Ottawa if they lost in the 2nd round but would move up to the 26-30 spot if they made it to the conferance final.

Getting to the 2nd round does not change your draft position.

I might remove that last comment because you're wrong on this one.

52Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

The VERY best Ottawa can draft is 16th. Only way that happens is if 2 of MTL, BOS, or PHI make it to the confereance finals. It is impossible for Ottawa to draft 15th. Right now they are still in the 18th spot, if MTL beats WSH, then Ottawa moves up 1 spot garenteed because one of those 3 teams will be in the ECF.

53Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

For someone that called me a DUMBASS, you are having a hard time with this. How about we just wait and see who Ottawa drafts 15th or 16th because that is what you guaranteed. No trading up either. I can't wait to see this.

54Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:10 am

Ottawa can technically still draft 16th, just so there is no confussion. If Philly and Montreal play in The ECF Ottawa does move up to 16th and Boston moves to 15th.

55Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you n4l. Maybe he will listen to you. Because he isn't me and you and I are saying the EXACT same thing

56Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:13 am

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

But in all honesty, I can't see him ever coming back to this thread after being so arrogant and rude, the whole time having no clue.

57Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:32 am

KK relax, he took it off or at least someone else did.

58Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'll step up and apologize, but that wasn't me. Anyone who has seen me post on this site over the last 5 months or so would know that, that type of language and confrontation is totally out of character.

I don't know how (I'm assuming cached cookies), but my roommate was the one posting this morning using my account.

I am very pissed off, and extremely sorry for his comments and especially in the hostile manner for which he posted.

I don't know what else to say other than I guarantee it will not happy again.

Straight Shooter, I am sorry.

59Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:40 pm

I understand it the way N4L and SS have it, but are we 100% that what fake-Devo was saying is untrue? My understanding is that CF teams go 27-30 and then the rest of the positions simply depend on regular season record, which puts us square in 18th, for the moment. That's right, is it not?

60Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Devo wrote:I'll step up and apologize, but that wasn't me. Anyone who has seen me post on this site over the last 5 months or so would know that, that type of language and confrontation is totally out of character.

I don't know how (I'm assuming cached cookies), but my roommate was the one posting this morning using my account.

I am very pissed off, and extremely sorry for his comments and especially in the hostile manner for which he posted.

I don't know what else to say other than I guarantee it will not happy again.

Straight Shooter, I am sorry.

You're just a Norman Fell and a Richard Kline away from a hilarious misunderstanding.

61Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L and SS are right.

The only way the order of the regular season changes is when the teams make it to the conf final. As far as I know that's the way it's been for at least 3 or 4 years now.

The Real Devo

62Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:

You're just a Norman Fell and a Richard Kline away from a hilarious misunderstanding.

Frankly it's embarrassing, and it has me wondering what else he's used that PC for. I hate the thought that cached cookies may have allowed him into facebook accounts, or other sites which hold personal information.

When I get back from the lovely town of Poughkeepsie, I'll have to break the news to him that he's moving out.

SS, you have no idea how badly I feel. I really truly am sorry that this happened.

63Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Bjugstad

Murray type player who has power forward written all over him.

That said if there was ever a way to get Niederreiter you have to do it. He was a standout at the WJ's and is already big enough to play in the NHL with more to grow. I think he is a top 5 pick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum