GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess who the Sens draft..

+12
SeawaySensFan
Straight Shooter
Devo
stempniaksen
asq2
LeCaptain
Riprock
Ev
SDH89
Tuk Tuk
cain69
Phoenix30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:If Murray really wants McFarland (I'm not saying he does, I have no clue), he will draft him int he first round, no matter how far he has fallen, because we don't have a 2nd round pick, right? Look what the Islanders did with DeHaan.

I know that, I just don't think he will take him at that spot. He could move down and take him for sure though.

I like McFarland - got him to sign a Wolves puck, so I'd be okay with him being a Senator.

But there are better players available (better at the moment, at least).

Murray also might have some tradeable assets to get a 2nd round pick.

17Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Who knows, it will be interesting the next little while in Ottawa. Im still saying Skinner.

18Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:27 pm

I guarantee we'll have a 2nd round pick come draft day.

19Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 pm

RobbyJ wrote:I guarantee we'll have a 2nd round pick come draft day.

I get that feeling to, well a 2nd rounder or better. Edmonton has a ton of em and they are defently looking for help on the blueline.

20Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kuba for Souray + 2nd? Sarcasm

21Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Dash wrote:Kuba for Souray + 2nd? Sarcasm

I was thinking more like Lee for a 2nd although I dont mind that train of thought. Nashville's 2nd though, lets be clear on that.

22Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They have young defenceman, probably could use some veterans like Kuba, plus he's got 2 more years at a pretty average cap hit.

Edmonton's 2nd is almost a 1st round pick haha.

Would they trade Lee after re-signing him during this season?

23Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 pm

OMG ya, probably a reason they resigned him. In all honesty, I cant even see Lee making The Sens out of camp next year unless none of the kids are ready at all on that blueline and not one UFA is signed.

24Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Ryan Johansen seems like the prototypical Murray draft pick. If he's still on the board I think Muray goes with him (although I think he goes top 12)

25Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:41 pm

We'll see what Murray can pull off. Hopefully someone ahead of The Sens has Muckler drafting.

26Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Just wanted an opinion. I in no way believe either team would make this deal.

Would you do this deal from either teams perspective:

TO EDM: Jason Spezza + Prospect or Pick (Not 1st rounder).

TO OTT: Shawn Horcoff + 1st overall pick

27Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:13 pm

cain69

Prospect
Prospect

Edmonton will not move the 1st, unless you are will to hand over a Crosby type player Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 105237 Maybe Spezza and A-train for that 1st Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 159628

28Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 pm

There is no Crosby type playing in this draft, not even close. Hall will be a good player on day but nothing like Crosby, not even a discussion that should be had.

29Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They'll use Lee to move up if some teams are interested, garanteed.

30Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Yeah, Lee is basically a barganing chip at this point. He really has very little value to The Sens considering I would put him at about 9 or 10 on The Sens depth chart

31Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

For those wanting to know how the draft order is decided.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results
Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick,
while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the
conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th
pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining
division winners, then wildcard teams are ranked next, filling in the
26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later
picks

32Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:23 pm

If Montreal wins their series, Ottawa moves up, it's garenteed.

33Guess who the Sens draft.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who the Sens draft.. Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:There is no Crosby type playing in this draft, not even close. Hall will be a good player on day but nothing like Crosby, not even a discussion that should be had.

Crosby is a once in a decade or more type pick. Maybe even longer than that.

I can't believe Malkin and Ovechkin were in the same draft, although there was not as much hype about Malkin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum