GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010

+28
Tuk Tuk
Devo
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
rooneypoo
TeamRenzo
stempniaksen
beerandsens
SDH89
dennycrane
SensGal
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
M_Christopher
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26 ... 48  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 22, 2010

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap210%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap230%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 48]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Put on a Blue and White sweater and the refs will let you get away with anything.

How about advice on helping your team dealing with the referees ? Laugh1

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:That's the ticket.
And I've added it to the first post.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston says he knows who's starting tomorrow already... but won't reveal until tomorrow. As per usual.

My money is on Elliott back in there. The team needs to play better in front of him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We could always just put in the necktie of yesteryear and hope for the best. Apparently it had a couple of nice practices. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 105237

Maybe we'd have a chance if we glued Elliott and Leclaire together.

Leclaire would find a way to Diddle it up.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We could always just put in the necktie of yesteryear and hope for the best. Apparently it had a couple of nice practices. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 105237

Maybe we'd have a chance if we glued Elliott and Leclaire together.

Leclaire would find a way to Diddle it up.

Laughing3 It's true. Lalalala

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Clouston says he knows who's starting tomorrow already... but won't reveal until tomorrow. As per usual.

My money is on Elliott back in there. The team needs to play better in front of him.

If it's not Elliott...I won't be pleased. He needs to be a part of this, lose or draw.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

With Elliott it's a question of whether he'll have a good game or not.

With Leclaire it's a question of how bad his game will be.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:All want is for the Sens to win one more game so I at least get the number of games right in the bracket pool. Sarcasm

Yeah, it used to work like that about 5 years ago. But someone said it was analogous to the loser points you get in post-regulation losses, and you know how I feel about those. So now these are *bonus* points, that you only get if you also pick the winner. It's in the first post of the brackets pool thread.

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Clouston says he knows who's starting tomorrow already... but won't reveal until tomorrow. As per usual.

If it's not Elliott...I won't be pleased. He needs to be a part of this, lose or draw.

Yup, it's not like Leclaire did anything last night to warrent a start.

Elliott got this team into the playoffs, he got them a win, he gave them a chance in game 2, he deserves to either win or lose with the team, he's had a great year for someone who was supposed to just learn The NHL game at a backup pace.

I will be really upset if Elliott doesnt get the start, there is pulling a guy then there is embarassing him, this would be the later.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm hoping last night's game was so bad that it wakes the Sens up and perhaps, just perhaps, flips the switch back to the "ON" position. I dunno. Perhaps getting away from Ottawa will give them a spark.

Keep the faith...

Lots of angry people today, myself included...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:All want is for the Sens to win one more game so I at least get the number of games right in the bracket pool. Sarcasm

Yeah, it used to work like that about 5 years ago. But someone said it was analogous to the loser points you get in post-regulation losses, and you know how I feel about those. So now these are *bonus* points, that you only get if you also pick the winner. It's in the first post of the brackets pool thread.

Ahhhh. I'm doomed I say dooooooomed. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I'm hoping last night's game was so bad that it wakes the Sens up and perhaps, just perhaps, flips the switch back to the "ON" position. I dunno. Perhaps getting away from Ottawa will give them a spark.

Keep the faith...

I'd love to believe in that, but I won't this time. Last night broke my spirit with this team. If they win tomorrow (ha), then I'll resume my faith, but it's pretty hard right now.

Am I wrong to say that?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:I'm hoping last night's game was so bad that it wakes the Sens up and perhaps, just perhaps, flips the switch back to the "ON" position. I dunno. Perhaps getting away from Ottawa will give them a spark.

Keep the faith...

Anger is a killer. Stress is a killer. I don't know why I let it get to me. It's not like it's the end of the world or anything. It's just so painful to go through when you invest so much into the team.

I have to keep some faith for sure, as I said it's not over until the fat lady sings. We've gone on runs before, we did it this year. We broke a franchise record. It's not like it's impossible. It's not like we're facing the best team in the world. Best player, sure, best team, no. Someone has to shove Crosby's teeth down his throat tomorrow and maybe we'll have a chance.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:

Keep the faith...

I'd love to believe in that, but I won't this time. Last night broke my spirit with this team. If they win tomorrow (ha), then I'll resume my faith, but it's pretty hard right now.

Am I wrong to say that?

Nope. I'll be going into this one expecting a collapse of epic proportions and be pleasantly surprised with anything better than that personally.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If a loud sellout crowd at home didn't light a fire under their Donkey I'm not sure what can.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I don't really buy that. I truly believe we could have made a comeback in yesterday's games had it not been for our useless goaltending. There were other huge mistakes made by people we all know already, but had we had that extra save when we needed it I think we could've come back. Fleury is no better than our guys. Am I the only one that got that sense at least twice in last night's game? I'm sure I am not.

We definitely had opportunities to come back in that game for sure but thinking Mike Brodeur will make a difference is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Fair enough. I just can't shake the thought of him coming in when we were in a tailspin and righting our ship for us. He was fantastic and he really didn't have any pressure on him. I figured that 'maybe' it could happen again and we could go on a run. When he came in we were really down on ourselves and quickly falling out of the playoffs. One can dream...and hope...

It's good to see I wasn't alone in wondering what Mike Brodeur could do for us....

At this point I don't think it matters too much which goalie we start, all of them are capable of the same level of play.

Elliott does deserve the opportunity, but he better realize he needs to make the saves he missed on goals 3 and 4.

I think I'm alone in thinking Leclaire was pretty solid last night, he just came in at a bad time, and the team (like with Elliott) gave up in front of him at times.

I wonder if we can call up Lehner and try for a 'Ken Dryden-esqe' run PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 5 159628

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:

Keep the faith...

Am I wrong to say that?

Not at all, I don't blame you one bit for feeling that way. It's better to feel like that then to set yourself up for more heartache and disappointment. I always seem to keep some faith, no matter how angry I am at the situation. I always tend to have a glimmer of hope, and I will keep it for tomorrow, as much as I don't think they'll put in any kind of effort.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum