GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010

+28
Tuk Tuk
Devo
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
rooneypoo
TeamRenzo
stempniaksen
beerandsens
SDH89
dennycrane
SensGal
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
M_Christopher
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 22, 2010

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap210%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap230%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 48]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Elliott has to go back in. He gives the team their best chance to win and he needs to experience because he's our number one next year.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Are the Senators ready to turn to rookie Mike Brodeur? Clouston didn't dismiss the possibility this morning at Scotibank Place.

Brodeur scored two straight wins in the club's net in January. He has been at practice with the Black Aces -- players who are with the team, but not dressing for games. Neither Leclaire nor Elliott was very good in the club's 7-4 loss in a crucial Game 4 at home Tuesday.

"I'm not going to comment on that because I'm not going to comment on who our goalie will be," said Clouston. "You're right, when we needed him (Brodeur) he was very good for us a couple of crucial times in times in the season. I will admit that for sure."

Why the heck not eh?! Really, give him a chance, give him a taste. Elliott or Leclaire will certainly not do any better next game, I would probably put money on it.

And, I do like Elliott and think he will be good for us in the future. I just don't think he has what it takes right now and his nerves are shot.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All want is for the Sens to win one more game so I at least get the number of games right in the bracket pool. Sarcasm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Don't forget, Brodeur is the one that came in when both our goalies were stinking up the joint and started our 11 game winning streak all on his own. I would do it, and I don't think it would be sending the message that we give up at all.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Are the Senators ready to turn to rookie Mike Brodeur? Clouston didn't dismiss the possibility this morning at Scotibank Place.

Brodeur scored two straight wins in the club's net in January. He has been at practice with the Black Aces -- players who are with the team, but not dressing for games. Neither Leclaire nor Elliott was very good in the club's 7-4 loss in a crucial Game 4 at home Tuesday.

"I'm not going to comment on that because I'm not going to comment on who our goalie will be," said Clouston. "You're right, when we needed him (Brodeur) he was very good for us a couple of crucial times in times in the season. I will admit that for sure."

Why the heck not eh?! Really, give him a chance, give him a taste. Elliott or Leclaire will certainly not do any better next game, I would probably put money on it.

And, I do like Elliott and think he will be good for us in the future. I just don't think he has what it takes right now and his nerves are shot.

Why not? Because game 5 is all about getting the players some more valuable playoff experience and to see what it takes to have a killer instinct to snuff out a team. Elliott needs to see this just like all the other first time playoff performers need to see this. It doesn't matter what the outcome is of this game they need to be there to gain the valuable experience. Brodeur will probably never play for the Sens outside of the odd call-up so it makes no sense.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Are the Senators ready to turn to rookie Mike Brodeur? Clouston didn't dismiss the possibility this morning at Scotibank Place.

It's really not up to either Elliott or Leclaire to do better next game. Wasn't Elliott already asked to do that in game 2? Did he do it? Absolutely.

It's up to the team as a whole to step it up because they, more than Elliott, have yet to do so.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It'll be Elliott again.

The only way Leclaire would start would be if he didn't allow any more goals, and the game may have ended 4-4 in regulation.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Then it'll be another blowout.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Then it'll be another blowout no matter what

Fixed.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't really buy that. I truly believe we could have made a comeback in yesterday's games had it not been for our useless goaltending. There were other huge mistakes made by people we all know already, but had we had that extra save when we needed it I think we could've come back. Fleury is no better than our guys. Am I the only one that got that sense at least twice in last night's game? I'm sure I am not.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't really buy that. I truly believe we could have made a comeback in yesterday's games had it not been for our useless goaltending. There were other huge mistakes made by people we all know already, but had we had that extra save when we needed it I think we could've come back. Fleury is no better than our guys. Am I the only one that got that sense at least twice in last night's game? I'm sure I am not.

We definitely had opportunities to come back in that game for sure but thinking Mike Brodeur will make a difference is a bit of a stretch IMO.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Then it'll be another blowout.

That would be shocking! PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 159628

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I don't really buy that. I truly believe we could have made a comeback in yesterday's games had it not been for our useless goaltending. There were other huge mistakes made by people we all know already, but had we had that extra save when we needed it I think we could've come back. Fleury is no better than our guys. Am I the only one that got that sense at least twice in last night's game? I'm sure I am not.

We definitely had opportunities to come back in that game for sure but thinking Mike Brodeur will make a difference is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Fair enough. I just can't shake the thought of him coming in when we were in a tailspin and righting our ship for us. He was fantastic and he really didn't have any pressure on him. I figured that 'maybe' it could happen again and we could go on a run. When he came in we were really down on ourselves and quickly falling out of the playoffs. One can dream...and hope...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Then it'll be another blowout.

That would be shocking! PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 3 159628

Wouldn't it though? Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hey! i'm excited! this is what we need for our young prospects, backs against the wall, do or die! the best experience possible at this moment. if we can even pull away with one other win(even if we lose the next one) this will be tremendous learning experience.
Go Sens Go!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:hey! i'm excited! this is what we need for our young prospects, backs against the wall, do or die! the best experience possible at this moment. if we can even pull away with one other win(even if we lose the next one) this will be tremendous learning experience.
Go Sens Go!!

Exactly, which is why I think the thought of anyone but Elliott starting is absurd.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully we at least give the Pens something to think about by scoring at will on their crappy goalie.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:hey! i'm excited! this is what we need for our young prospects, backs against the wall, do or die! the best experience possible at this moment. if we can even pull away with one other win(even if we lose the next one) this will be tremendous learning experience.
Go Sens Go!!

It'll still be a great learning experience and those that have the right, attitude, character, and drive will come back next season hungry for a chance to redeem themselves over a lost opportunity.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum