GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010

+28
Tuk Tuk
Devo
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
rooneypoo
TeamRenzo
stempniaksen
beerandsens
SDH89
dennycrane
SensGal
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
Phoenix30
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
M_Christopher
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 48  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 22, 2010

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap230%PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 48]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:hey! i'm excited! this is what we need for our young prospects, backs against the wall, do or die! the best experience possible at this moment. if we can even pull away with one other win(even if we lose the next one) this will be tremendous learning experience.
Go Sens Go!!

Exactly, which is why I think the thought of anyone but Elliott starting is absurd.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully we at least give the Pens something to think about by scoring at will on their crappy goalie.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:hey! i'm excited! this is what we need for our young prospects, backs against the wall, do or die! the best experience possible at this moment. if we can even pull away with one other win(even if we lose the next one) this will be tremendous learning experience.
Go Sens Go!!

It'll still be a great learning experience and those that have the right, attitude, character, and drive will come back next season hungry for a chance to redeem themselves over a lost opportunity.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
Go Sens Go!!

Exactly, which is why I think the thought of anyone but Elliott starting is absurd.

I guess we'll see what happens. He's sucked enough as it is, what's another game right?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
I guess we'll see what happens. He's sucked enough as it is, what's another game right?

You're starting to just see red now. Elliott's been less than stellar, but a lot of this is not his fault. The team is playing like they did when they got swept by Pittsburgh - which is not at all.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Hopefully we at least give the Pens something to think about by scoring at will on their crappy goalie.

Ottawa, playing as they have thus far, have managed to put 12 goals past Fleury. I think they've already got a problem. Imagine a team that plays from the drop of the puck right to the end firing pucks at him? It's going to be Brent Johnson city in no time if MAF keeps it up.

All that being said I can see the Pens upping their game in round 2 and Fleury pulling an Osgood. I don't see it being enough to win another Cup though.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Ottawa, playing as they have thus far, have managed to put 12 goals past Fleury. I think they've already got a problem. Imagine a team that plays from the drop of the puck right to the end firing pucks at him? It's going to be Brent Johnson city in no time if MAF keeps it up.

All that being said I can see the Pens upping their game in round 2 and Fleury pulling an Osgood. I don't see it being enough to win another Cup though.

I've been saying that for months now, Fleury is the weakest link. The Pens will only advance if they draw a series without a legit goaltender - like Washington for example. The Caps will score on Fleury at will, but the Crosbys wil score on the Caps at will. Lots of 8-7 games.

If they draw the Sabres or the Bs, I think the Pens are in real trouble.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

You're starting to just see red now. Elliott's been less than stellar, but a lot of this is not his fault. The team is playing like they did when they got swept by Pittsburgh - which is not at all.

I am absolutely seeing red, I wish the team was too. Maybe they'd show some drive and heart and need and want to win this series, cause it ain't over til the fat lady sings right? We've gone on an 11 game winning streak and beat pretty much all of the best teams at the time. Why wouldn't it still be possible? You were just as angry as I am at Elliott as well as pretty much everyone else on the team. I truly believe that if we had gotten some saves in the 2nd and 3rd periods yesterday, we probably could have beat this team. Fleury was garbage! Unfortunately, Elliott and Leclaire stunk more than he did. I almost wish Leclaire was in from the beginning of that game, he made some sick sick saves when he came in relief. Then pooped everywhere.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hopefully we at least give the Pens something to think about by scoring at will on their crappy goalie.

Ottawa, playing as they have thus far, have managed to put 12 goals past Fleury. I think they've already got a problem. Imagine a team that plays from the drop of the puck right to the end firing pucks at him? It's going to be Brent Johnson city in no time if MAF keeps it up.

We shouldn't have to imagine it. That's what Ottawa should be doing. If we lost in those circumstances, I doubt anyone here would be seeing red.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I totally agree. I hate seeing the Sens lose like that. If they're working hard the whole game, getting scoring chances and playing smart but still lose to a better team I'd be upset but I really can't stand watching them up their game when they're too far out of the game for it to make a difference.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Key to victory on Thursday?

Get the players to believe in their minds that it's already 4-0 for Pittsburgh at the drop of the puck. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We could always just put in the necktie of yesteryear and hope for the best. Apparently it had a couple of nice practices. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 105237

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It doesn't matter who we put in net, the Pens will be putting on a show for their fans tomorrow night and we're the punching bag.

We can only hope this is a good learning experience for Elliott, I wonder what advice CuJo is giving him now ???

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:It doesn't matter who we put in net, the Pens will be putting on a show for their fans tomorrow night and we're the punching bag.

We can only hope this is a good learning experience for Elliott, I wonder what advice CuJo is giving him now ???

Put on a Blue and White sweater and the refs will let you get away with anything.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:We could always just put in the necktie of yesteryear and hope for the best. Apparently it had a couple of nice practices. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 5: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (3) - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Apr. 22nd, 2010 - Page 4 105237

Maybe we'd have a chance if we glued Elliott and Leclaire together.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Put on a Blue and White sweater and the refs will let you get away with anything.

How about advice on helping your team dealing with the referees ? Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:That's the ticket.
And I've added it to the first post.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston says he knows who's starting tomorrow already... but won't reveal until tomorrow. As per usual.

My money is on Elliott back in there. The team needs to play better in front of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum