GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st Round Opponents

+19
SensGirl11
caissie_1
Riprock
KidKarlsson
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
Hoags
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Phoenix30
LeCaptain
wprager
Bramlet07
PTFlea
Ev
PKC
SensHulk
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 15]

611st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Garrioch and TSN both say Ottawa is guaranteed 5th place. Am I missing something, or are these guys on crack?

Pittsburgh (79GP, 45W, 97 pts)
Ottawa (80GP, 44W, 93 pts)

Me thinks 2 victories vs 3 regulation losses would trump the pens (46W to 45W).

621st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Garrioch and TSN both say Ottawa is guaranteed 5th place. Am I missing something, or are these guys on crack?

Holy Dung, you're right, that's pretty sad that they can't figure that out.

631st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Garrioch and TSN both say Ottawa is guaranteed 5th place. Am I missing something, or are these guys on crack?

I expect that from Garrioch, cuz he's just garbage.

Pittsburgh should at least get a point from facing NYI twice and the Thrashers, and I hate being the 5th seed 1st Round Opponents - Page 5 821277

641st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We are guaranteed no LESS than 5th, that is what they were saying. Would be nice to end up in 4th and get the home ice advantage over Pitt. If Pitt wins their Division and we face NJ, we'll be in 5th no matter what.

651st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Pittsburgh should at least get a point from facing NYI twice and the Thrashers, and I hate being the 5th seed 1st Round Opponents - Page 5 821277

If Ottawa would have gotten at least a point from those same two teams, we wouldn't be the 5th seed.

That's why it's NEVER "OK" to drop games you should win. Yeah, I'm still pissed about the Islander game. 1st Round Opponents - Page 5 270956

661st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:1st Round Opponents - Page 5 62136 Look at their tiny legs kicking when you nail them into the bulls eye.

I played it for one round (how many penguins is that?) and only got about a dozen on-target. Most of them well below the bullseye. I got one pretty close, though.

671st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I can live with a second round exit, but eliminating the Penguins would make my year and bring these classless fans back down to earth.

681st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

If Ottawa would have gotten at least a point from those same two teams, we wouldn't be the 5th seed.

That's why it's NEVER "OK" to drop games you should win. Yeah, I'm still pissed about the Islander game. 1st Round Opponents - Page 5 270956

I'm still peeved at the effort as well - although the Isles are hot right now.

691st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I can live with a second round exit, but eliminating the Penguins would make my year and bring these classless fans back down to earth.

Hey 29, do you feel the palpable tension in Pittsburgh regarding MAF? There seems to be legitimate fear surrounding how crappy he is right now going into the playoffs. Do you find that?

701st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sorry, but I don't see Pittburgh losing in the first round. Even though we've been playing well, they have the intagibles and the star players on their side.

Fleury vs. Elliott is basically a wash.
Our wingers are better, but their centres kill anybody's out there.
Bylsma > Clouston at the moment (obviously limited experience for both)
They have the better offenisve defencemen, we have the better shut down guys.

Who knows though, it should be a fun series to watch!

711st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:I can live with a second round exit, but eliminating the Penguins would make my year and bring these classless fans back down to earth.

Hey 29, do you feel the palpable tension in Pittsburgh regarding MAF? There seems to be legitimate fear surrounding how crappy he is right now going into the playoffs. Do you find that?

Not really. Most people are pseudo fans. They know #87 and that's it. They're more consumed with the Steeler controversies of Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes at the moment

721st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

91.9! Almost a bullseye!!!! 1st Round Opponents - Page 5 805406

731st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Not really. Most people are pseudo fans. They know #87 and that's it. They're more consumed with the Steeler controversies of Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes at the moment

Hmmm. We'll see how they feel in a week.

741st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Sorry, but I don't see Pittburgh losing in the first round. Even though we've been playing well, they have the intagibles and the star players on their side.

While I agree to a certain extent, there are weird matchups shaping up in both Conferences. I'm sure Pitts doesn't want to play the Sens in round one. This is one team that we actually match up very well against.

751st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Sorry, but I don't see Pittburgh losing in the first round. Even though we've been playing well, they have the intagibles and the star players on their side.

While I agree to a certain extent, there are weird matchups shaping up in both Conferences. I'm sure Pitts doesn't want to play the Sens in round one. This is one team that we actually match up very well against.

This much is true, the fans are sh!tt!ng themselves to meet us in the first round. Last time we got swept, but they know we're capable of taking them out.

I just hope the Sens take the playoffs seriously and put away those NYI game type tendencies away.

761st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
This much is true, the fans are sh!tt!ng themselves to meet us in the first round. Last time we got swept, but they know we're capable of taking them out.

I just hope the Sens take the playoffs seriously and put away those NYI game type tendencies away.

I think Alfie's 1000th came at the perfect time. It's a wakeup call to anyone on the Sens who wasn't giving it 100%. This is the time to take advantage of Alfie before it's too late (yes, I realize he's got 3 years + left, but still, time's ticking).

771st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:If Ottawa would have gotten at least a point from those same two teams, we wouldn't be the 5th seed.

It's frustrating to look back at the points we left behind and the difference it could make. Same for teams that miss the post season by a point, or end up tied and lose on the tie breaker. Just one game in an 82-game season is the difference... but, it is the way it is.

Last edited by shabbs on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

781st Round Opponents - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

463 is my best on the penguin/snowball one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum