GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you trade our 1st round pick?

+9
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
asq2
Riprock
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The more I think about this, the more I'm thinking that this pick could be absolutely and positively massive for this franchise and it's retooling.

I'm of the opinion that there are guys in the league who are either not available or too old, not going anywhere or a combination of all three. Obviously there are also guys who are absolutely untouchable.

But assuming that with the power of that pick, you were coming into trade talks with ammo, who would you deal it for?

2Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Kyle Turris, J. Toews, Kane, Gagner(maybe)

3Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Rick Nash, Ryan Getzlaf, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Shea Weber... not too many people.

4Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:22 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:Kyle Turris, J. Toews, Kane, Gagner(maybe)

Not for Gagner, and the first three aren't going anywhere.

I wouldn't. Hedman has the ability to be something else.

5Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Since our 1st pick is hardly a guarantee of picking up Hedman or Tavares, I'd check it out.

6Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Maybe James VRD

oh, and I'd trade it for the Islander's 1st :D

7Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:Maybe James VRD

No thanks.

Anyway, no one of real value/a good contract that would be worthwhile for us would be given up for a pick that can turn into a player with the potential to bust.

8Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Tukker wrote:Maybe James VRD

Not even for VRD. I would trade it for the Isle's pick though. They seem set to take Tavares with the top pick should they get it. In that case, I'm very very very good with settling for the #2 pick.

9Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 pm

asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:Kyle Turris, J. Toews, Kane, Gagner(maybe)

Not for Gagner, and the first three aren't going anywhere.

I wouldn't. Hedman has the ability to be something else.
co-sign
I wouldn't trade that pick until I knew what it was. If I believed the Sens were going to pull a massive rebound and get right back into the top-8, then I would trade it immediately. Otherwise (and I don't) I wouldn't let anyone near it.
If this team doesn't win 3 of the next 4, the move into serious rebuild needs to begin - No ifs, ands, or buts. Should that happen, our singular goal should be doing whatever it takes to get Hedman - anything other than trading Karlsson or Spezza is acceptable.

10Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mine is Weber. No one can tell me that there`s not a price on him. Spezza and our first for Weber and Dumont or Arnott and I`m a happy man.

11Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hell, I`ll even toss in Volchenkov is that`s what it took.

12Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Mine is Weber. No one can tell me that there`s not a price on him. Spezza and our first for Weber and Dumont or Arnott and I`m a happy man.

Except me. He's not moving. With all the exodus of talent (Foppa, Timonen, Vokoun, Kariya, Hartnell, Zidlicky, Upshall, Parent, Mason, etc. etc.) and Weber finally coming into his own, there's no way Nashville can afford to deal him. None.

In addition, there is always the possibility that Hedman turns out to be better.

Of course, with the way I'm hyping him, he'll probably turn into a massive disappointment (*knocks on wood*).

13Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:53 pm

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Mine is Weber. No one can tell me that there`s not a price on him. Spezza and our first for Weber and Dumont or Arnott and I`m a happy man.

Except me. He's not moving. With all the exodus of talent (Foppa, Timonen, Vokoun, Kariya, Hartnell, Zidlicky, Upshall, Parent, Mason, etc. etc.) and Weber finally coming into his own, there's no way Nashville can afford to deal him. None.

In addition, there is always the possibility that Hedman turns out to be better.

Of course, with the way I'm hyping him, he'll probably turn into a massive disappointment (*knocks on wood*).

I agree. Poile is smart enough to know that Weber is the cornerstone of that franchise. I'd take Weber over just about any young D-man in the NHL right now. The exception being Mike Green. Weber is a stud in his own end too, which only adds to his value when compared to a guy like Phaneuf.

I'll knock on some wood too about Hedman. :lol!:

14Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The real question is what does it take to move up to the 1st or 2nd overall pick? The Sens 1st pick and Heatley will get you there.

15Would you trade our 1st round pick? Empty Re: Would you trade our 1st round pick? Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:52 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:The real question is what does it take to move up to the 1st or 2nd overall pick? The Sens 1st pick and Heatley will get you there.

Right now, we're already in the 2nd overall pick position. :D

It kinda puts in perspective how bad we've been this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum