GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

First round "upsets"

+12
SensGirl11
SDH89
LeCaptain
Ev
wprager
Riprock
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
PKC
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who are your first round upsets

First round "upsets" Vote_lcap232%First round "upsets" Vote_rcap2 32% [ 10 ]
First round "upsets" Vote_lcap213%First round "upsets" Vote_rcap2 13% [ 4 ]
First round "upsets" Vote_lcap26%First round "upsets" Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
First round "upsets" Vote_lcap210%First round "upsets" Vote_rcap2 10% [ 3 ]
First round "upsets" Vote_lcap219%First round "upsets" Vote_rcap2 19% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 31

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1First round "upsets" Empty First round Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For the purpose of this thread I define an upset as being a lower seed beating a higher seed. So that being said who do you think pulls off an upset of the bottom 4 playoff teams of each conference?

My picks, with bias of course, are:

Ottawa from the East
Detroit from the West

NOTE: You can pick as many upsets as you want!

- Unknown Author

2First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nashville is gonna give the Red Wings fits. Ottawa is gonna give the Pens fits.

Boston could easily win the series vs Buffalo just because they're playing a team almost equally crappy at scoring.

Colorado, the Flyers, Montreal and LA will take a miracle to win their series.

3First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Honestly i know it is technically not an upset but i see pheonix doing a lot better than people are going to give them credit for playing detroit i know a lot of people who feel that pheonix is not going to win just because this is their first playoffs

4First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Nashville is gonna give the Red Wings fits. Ottawa is gonna give the Pens fits.

Boston could easily win the series vs Buffalo just because they're playing a team almost equally crappy at scoring.

Nashville is playing Chicago and Detroit is playing Pheonix
will be interesting to see if nashville gets a chance to casue detroit fits First round "upsets" 159628

5First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Nashville is gonna give the Red Wings fits. Ottawa is gonna give the Pens fits.

will be interesting to see if nashville gets a chance to casue detroit fits First round "upsets" 159628

Diddle...that messed me up. First round "upsets" 270956 I meant that Phoenix is gonna give the Red Wings fits.

6First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'll take Detroit, Ottawa, Boston and Montreal as the upsets with Philadelphia as a fringe possibility.

7First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

Diddle...that messed me up. First round "upsets" 270956 I meant that Phoenix is gonna give the Red Wings fits.

Despite being 4th i still think pheonix is the underdog here and if they win the series would be more of an upset than if detroit wins

8First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Despite being 4th i still think pheonix is the underdog here and if they win the series would be more of an upset than if detroit wins

Yeah, that's what I mean. I know the Red Wings are really well coached, but they had better be 100% prepared for this. This is like the WCF in round one.

9First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Upsets? If you ask TSN, I'm pretty sure they'd have us winning as a major upset. I mean, they have us rated lower than a team that didn't even make the Diddling playoffs!! Have you guys seen this garbage? http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317770 Scroll down to number 11 where you'll see MTL (who finished 8th and backed into the playoffs) followed by Boston (who clinched a playoff spot 3 days before the season ended), then down at number 15, you've got....wait for it.......the MFing Rangers!!! That's right: a team that didn’t make the playoffs is ranked higher than a team that (essentially) clinched 3 weeks before the season ended (officially, 10 days (ish)). Is this some kind of joke?

10First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

they do call TSN the Toronto sports network for no reason i am suprised they didnt put toronto ahead of the sens anyway

11First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Boston, Philly, and LA

12First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:Upsets? If you ask TSN, I'm pretty sure they'd have us winning as a major upset. I mean, they have us rated lower than a team that didn't even make the Diddling playoffs!! Have you guys seen this garbage? http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317770 Scroll down to number 11 where you'll see MTL (who finished 8th and backed into the playoffs) followed by Boston (who clinched a playoff spot 3 days before the season ended), then down at number 15, you've got....wait for it.......the MFing Rangers!!! That's right: a team that didn’t make the playoffs is ranked higher than a team that (essentially) clinched 3 weeks before the season ended (officially, 10 days (ish)). Is this some kind of joke?

I'm not sure if this will surprise people or not (doubt it), but I haven't gone to TSN for ANYTHING other than to check players stats in well over a year. I get all the info from tweets, YahooSports, this site and sometimes HF. TSN is useless.

13First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:41 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

It will be interesting if Montreal wins that first game. They have a better chance than people may think.

14First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa and Colorado. I hope Duchene is healthy to return for the playoffs.

15First round "upsets" Empty Re: First round "upsets" Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:It will be interesting if Montreal wins that first game. They have a better chance than people may think.

i don't think the canadiens have what it takes to out score the caps. The canadien don't even know who they are going with to start the playoffs in net.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum