GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st Round Opponents

+19
SensGirl11
caissie_1
Riprock
KidKarlsson
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
Hoags
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Phoenix30
LeCaptain
wprager
Bramlet07
PTFlea
Ev
PKC
SensHulk
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

461st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd be more nervous about the Ottawa Senators beating themselves than anything else. Fraudeur is the least of our worries.

That too. They need to make sure they stick to Clouston's gameplan at every turn, or they'll be frustrated and as you say, beat themselves.

471st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:25 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd be more nervous about the Ottawa Senators beating themselves than anything else. Fraudeur is the least of our worries.

That too. They need to make sure they stick to Clouston's gameplan at every turn, or they'll be frustrated and as you say, beat themselves.

Fraudeur is still capable of being awesome in the playoffs....I'm always scared to predict against him. I just think Fleury has actually been a little worse than fraudeur (since olympic break), which could give us an edge.

Tough call for sure otherwise. Its a pure offensive game or defensive game we'd play against. If we keep that forecheck going, I think penguins would be the better option...more prone to mistakes

481st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's how I want the East to end up:

Washinsgton
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
New Jersey
Ottawa
Montreal
Philadelphia
New York

Washington vs New York- Rematch of last year's first round, but this time the Rags have Gaborik

Pittsburgh-Philly- Rematch of last year's first round, bitter rivals

Buffalo-Montreal-good divisonal rivalry, could go either way

New Jersey-Ottawa- Old friends facing off again

491st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Here's how I want the East to end up:

Washinsgton
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
New Jersey
Ottawa
Montreal
Philadelphia
New York

Washington vs New York- Rematch of last year's first round, but this time the Rags have Gaborik

I don't get that last part.

501st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think the Sens have a chance against NJ, not so much against Pittsburgh. Here's one interesting bit that supports why I want them to face the Devils:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/lebrun_pierre/id/5057927/why-ignore-second-half-numbers

511st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Here's how I want the East to end up:

Washinsgton
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
New Jersey
Ottawa
Montreal
Philadelphia
New York

I don't get that last part.

Just because we've met them in the playoffs quite a bit in our history.

521st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, according to that chart, we've sucked a lot of arse since the Olympic break. All the more reason to not lose games to the NY Islanders like we did, but instead to play a good brand of hockey.

Truthfully, I also thought are game against Carolina was poor and the game against Washington was fun, but not great either.

531st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Point is, Pittsburgh has been better than New Jersey since the Olympics and in the second half. NJ is more vulnerable, but the Sens are underdogs against either team.

541st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I need to start being more afraid of Pittsburgh, but I can't.

551st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:12 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

well scratch Buffalo off that list....we're guaranteed 5th place unless the pens Dung the bed for their remaining 3 games (i.e. regulation losses, no OT loss or win).

With NJ win, and Pens loss, looks like we get a chance at redemption with Pingu

561st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:well scratch Buffalo off that list....we're guaranteed 5th place unless the pens Dung the bed for their remaining 3 games (i.e. regulation losses, no OT loss or win).

With NJ win, and Pens loss, looks like we get a chance at redemption with Pingu

And Brodeur with his second straight shutout. I'm very happy on many levels I won't have to watch that. If the Devils play the Bruins in round one, is there any way they can eliminate each other? I hate their style of "hockey".

571st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The original ...

581st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a new one:

591st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1st Round Opponents - Page 4 62136 Look at their tiny legs kicking when you nail them into the bulls eye.

601st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just a heads up - Pittsburgh fans are panicking about MAF-a-doodle-doo, saying that he can't stop a beachball this year and lets in back-breaking goals. They hope that he can get his form back in the playoffs, but they doubt it, so they hope next year.

SD says: Bring on the Pens. It's goal-scoring time! 1st Round Opponents - Page 4 805406

611st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Garrioch and TSN both say Ottawa is guaranteed 5th place. Am I missing something, or are these guys on crack?

Pittsburgh (79GP, 45W, 97 pts)
Ottawa (80GP, 44W, 93 pts)

Me thinks 2 victories vs 3 regulation losses would trump the pens (46W to 45W).

621st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Garrioch and TSN both say Ottawa is guaranteed 5th place. Am I missing something, or are these guys on crack?

Holy Dung, you're right, that's pretty sad that they can't figure that out.

631st Round Opponents - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Garrioch and TSN both say Ottawa is guaranteed 5th place. Am I missing something, or are these guys on crack?

Holy Dung, you're right, that's pretty sad that they can't figure that out.

I expect that from Garrioch, cuz he's just garbage.

Pittsburgh should at least get a point from facing NYI twice and the Thrashers, and I hate being the 5th seed 1st Round Opponents - Page 4 821277

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum