GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st Round Opponents

+19
SensGirl11
caissie_1
Riprock
KidKarlsson
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
CockRoche
Hoags
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Phoenix30
LeCaptain
wprager
Bramlet07
PTFlea
Ev
PKC
SensHulk
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

2111st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I give the Habs nothing. No respect, no love, no goals and no wins. Four straight shutouts by the Caps. Yep. You read it here first.

Laughing3 That would be so amusing. Almost like us vs the Pens 2 years ago though sadly. Sad

2121st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:That's one heck of a first round for Montreal. I wonder if they'll be able to stay in it at all...

I give them 1 game personally. Halak is good but not that good. This is a good first round opponent for the Caps. It'll help them realize they can't win playoff games 8 to 6.

Am I wrong, or did Halak beat Russia in the Olympics?

EDIT: Serious, non-A-holeish question BTW. I can't remember. 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 270956

2131st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:27 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:That's one heck of a first round for Montreal. I wonder if they'll be able to stay in it at all...

I give them 1 game personally. Halak is good but not that good. This is a good first round opponent for the Caps. It'll help them realize they can't win playoff games 8 to 6.

EDIT: Serious, non-A-holeish question BTW. I can't remember. 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 270956

I think he did. They might eek out 2 wins, that's all.

2141st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Halak didn't do it by himself. I'd take Team Slovakia vs. the Caps to win 2 games though. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

2151st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't like the Phoenix matchup for the Red Wings to be honest. I think they're in for it.

Similarly, I don't like the Bs as a matchup for the Sabres, but I still think the Sabres can out-bore the Bs.

The Devils get a free first round.

The Caps get a free first round.

The Sharks get a free first round.

The Pens draw the nightmare first round opponent, win or lose.

Chicago gets a tough opponent in Nashville, but they should be able to overcome.

Vancouver gets a pretty simple walk to round 2.

God, I love playoff time. 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 805406 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 542150

2161st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Flyers are not a free walk to the 2nd round for the Devils. They owned them during the regular season.

2171st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:The Flyers are not a free walk to the 2nd round for the Devils. They owned them during the regular season.

With Boucher as their primary goaltender?

2181st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Flyers do seem to have the Devils number this season. I think the Devils will still take it but probably in 6.

- Unknown Author

2191st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man, I wish I was a betting man, I'd gladly take bets on the Flyers beating the Devils - as in, it's not happening! 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 805406

2201st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree SpezD. I just think it takes more than 4 or 5 games is all.

- Unknown Author

2211st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Flyers will probably be less of an underdog against the Devils than we are against the Penguins. I think the Devils win in 7.

2221st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Montreal series goes 7. Caps can't seem to win or lose playoff series in else than 7 games these days,

Seriously, you think a team that qualified to the playoffs on a loser point is going to win 3 games against Washington?
DO I need to remind that the Stanley Cup champions needed 7 games to beat the Caps last year?

2231st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The only bottom 4 teams that will go into the 2nd round are Detroit and Ottawa, don't kid yourselves 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 754246 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 432129

2241st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Montreal series goes 7. Caps can't seem to win or lose playoff series in else than 7 games these days,

Seriously, you think a team that qualified to the playoffs on a loser point is going to win 3 games against Washington?
DO I need to remind that the Stanley Cup champions needed 7 games to beat the Caps last year?

No, I don't think they can win 3 games against the Caps- I think they can win 4

2251st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:02 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:

No, I don't think they can win 3 games against the Caps- I think they can win 4

....so u expect the sens to lose to the pens but the habs will take out washington? 1st Round Opponents - Page 15 979131

2261st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think Montreal is the better team, but I think Theodore is gonna have a very tough time dealing with the fans in the Bell Centre, and if the Habs just win Game 1 or 2 (they've beaten the Caps at the Verizon Center this season already), they would be confident going into their own rink. The Habs have better defense than the Caps and I think that right now Halak is a much better option than Theodore in nets.

I knew the Rangers would give the Caps a run for their money in Round 1 last year. I thought they would beat them, and they would have if they actuallly had scoring. The Habs are healthy right now and I think they have enough scoring to match with the Capitals.

As for Ottawa, I think it's gonna be a 6 or 7 game series, and Ottawa could definately win, but right now you have to think Pittsburgh should beat us. We have too much inexperience on our team (besides the core of Alfie, Fisher, Spezza, Phillips, etc.) to win. The Pens know how to grind out a team in the postseason, I don't think we're there just yet.

2271st Round Opponents - Page 15 Empty Re: 1st Round Opponents Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I agree SpezD. I just think it takes more than 4 or 5 games is all.

Oh, fair enough, I have the Devils to win in 6.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum