GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago

+15
Cronie
pgood
caissie_1
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
PKC
shabbs
wprager
Nasty Nas
beedub
PTFlea
davetherave
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago

Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_lcap212%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_lcap218%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_rcap2 18% [ 3 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_lcap241%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_rcap2 41% [ 7 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_lcap20%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_lcap212%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_lcap217%Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 20]

1Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All Canucks and Hawks round 2 series talk. Who wins? How many games?

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue May 19, 2009 7:41 am; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

2Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:01 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Another long and tough series, but I picked Nucks in 7, for the reason that Luongo will outplay the Bulin Wall, but just barely.

3Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've got the Canucks in 5. Sorry DTR but Luongo has ridiculous playoff stats and they are stronger defensively than even a healthy Calgary team. Throw in Sundin, Demitra and the Twins all playing well and I don't see it going long.

- Unknown Author

4Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've got the Canucks in 5. Sorry DTR but Luongo has ridiculous playoff stats and they are stronger defensively than even a healthy Calgary team. Throw in Sundin, Demitra and the Twins all playing well and I don't see it going long.

Cap...don't apologize...fer kryin' out loud.

I understand you haven't watched the Hawks much this year.

FYI, the season series between these two teams was even, and they are well matched.

BTW The Hawks won more games than the Canucks, and had more points overall. Their GF and GA totals were better than the VanClan. PP/PK were even, as were home/away records, and as were their records in their last 10.

Now, understanding we begin Round Two with a clean slate...my thoughts for your generous consideration.

Sundin is injured...he may or may not last the series.

Demitra and Wellwood? Sharp and Havlat. Advantage Hawks.

Vancouver's defense Vs Chicago's defense. Advantage Hawks.

Kesler and Burrows give the Canucks two dangerous weapons. They will be a challenge.

The Sedins Vs Toews and Kane. Even.

The Law Firm of Brouwer, Burish, Byfuglien, Eager and Ladd may have to work overtime.

Bobby Lu Vs The Bulin Wall. Guess which one has a Cup ring.

Coach Vigneault Vs Coach Quenneville. Even.

Calgary was a tougher opponent for Chicago than St Louis was for Vancouver.

You now have a chance to revise your prognosis. cool)

As you know, I only make predictions for the fun of it.

I picked the Blackhawks in 6 over the Flames. That is the only prediction that really matters for me.

I do believe, if Chicago plays with the discipline, speed and strength they displayed in Round One, they can defeat Vancouver in 7 by stealing a game at GM Place.

In any case, the Blackhawks have already proved the critics wrong. And they have the coolest jerseys in the NHL.

:D:
Here Come The Hawks.

5Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:46 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Calgary may have only been a marginally better opponent because of the key injuries and Calgary's Road woes. St. Louis was THE Hottest team heading into the playoffs for the last half of the season and despite the series ending in 4 there were some close games and Luongo was the star of the show. Yes Luongo hasn't won anything yet but with a 1.15 GAA and .962 save percentage we'll see how Chi town deals with that.

I'm always willing to eat crow but I stand by my prediction just like I did with my SJ in 6 and I'm still cleaning egg off my face on that one.

- Unknown Author

6Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh...game on.

What a series.

I picked the Canucks in 7. Depth vs depth, but I like the Canucks depth on offense a little more.

Keith and Seabrook are playing lights out though, which IMO, is the only reason this series goes to 7 games. Luongo vs Bulin is interesting as well.

Crazy series. Full 7 games IMO.

7Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Calgary may have only been a marginally better opponent because of the key injuries and Calgary's Road woes. St. Louis was THE Hottest team heading into the playoffs for the last half of the season and despite the series ending in 4 there were some close games and Luongo was the star of the show. Yes Luongo hasn't won anything yet but with a 1.15 GAA and .962 save percentage we'll see how Chi town deals with that.

I'm always willing to eat crow but I stand by my prediction just like I did with my SJ in 6 and I'm still cleaning egg off my face on that one.

Cap, knowing you are a Flames fan, I suspect your viewpoint is skewed by the fact that Khabby beat Calgary in the '04 Cup Final.

All is forgiven. Wink

As for Round Two...we shall see.

The Blackhawks, as underdogs, have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Here's to some more GREAT hockey...and may the best team win.

8Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I am going to be swayed by the first round here and say that Chicago won in a very convincing manner, more so than Vancouver over St. Louis.

In case some were not aware, I am a Nik Khabibulin fan, so I will be cheering him all the way.

Hawks in 6

9Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:03 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Calgary may have only been a marginally better opponent because of the key injuries and Calgary's Road woes. St. Louis was THE Hottest team heading into the playoffs for the last half of the season and despite the series ending in 4 there were some close games and Luongo was the star of the show. Yes Luongo hasn't won anything yet but with a 1.15 GAA and .962 save percentage we'll see how Chi town deals with that.

Cap, knowing you are a Flames fan, I suspect your viewpoint is skewed by the fact that Khabby beat Calgary in the '04 Cup Final.

All is forgiven. Wink

As for Round Two...we shall see.

The Blackhawks, as underdogs, have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Here's to some more GREAT hockey...and may the best team win.

Dave that was a very safe post. No prediction to be found. ??

10Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:03 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:I am going to be swayed by the first round here and say that Chicago won in a very convincing manner, more so than Vancouver over St. Louis.

In case some were not aware, I am a Nik Khabibulin fan, so I will be cheering him all the way.

Hawks in 6

Good man! That's the spirit.

Cheers

11Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote: Dave that was a very safe post. No prediction to be found. ??

Play safe? Moi? cool)

Bee, see my post further above in this thread. I have Blackhawks in 7 as Khabby steals one in GM Place and the United Center rocks for the Hawks. Also see my same post comparing them on key factors.

But, like Coach Q and Captain Toews, I take nothing for granted.

The Canucks are a formidable opponent.

12Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

Canucks in 5. Better Defence, Better Goaltending, and even forwards (perhaps a slight edge to the Hawks)

The Canucks are a team that is just built for the playoffs. Can't wait to see them go to the finals

13Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nasty Nas wrote:Canucks in 5. Better Defence, Better Goaltending, and even forwards (perhaps a slight edge to the Hawks)

The Canucks are a team that is just built for the playoffs. Can't wait to see them go to the finals

I was beginning to wonder if I was on my own on this one. I too believe it's Nucks in 5.

- Unknown Author

14Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I picked Vancouver in 6. *Note* I might change that for the bracket pool, so that's not my final prediction:)

Quenneville vs. Vigneault even? Really, Dave? Vigneault was >this close< to being fired. I remember him back from when I was a Habs fan in Montreal. Didn't do much to impress me then. Of course all I know of Quenneville is what I'd heard from Pierre, but Pierre knows everything.

Khabibulin was showing some signs of "slowing down" in the middle of that series, and Kiprusoff was not very good. Throw in their top three defensemen either playing hurt or getting knocked out and is it any wonder that the Hawks won? I believe Vancouver will be a much, much tougher opponent.

On the other hand, can you ignore the rust factor? Bobby Lou better play lights out in game one because I think his team-mates may take a little time to warm up.

15Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Empty Re: Round 2 - Vancouver Vs. Chicago Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I picked Vancouver in 6. *Note* I might change that for the bracket pool, so that's not my final prediction:)

Quenneville vs. Vigneault even? Really, Dave? Vigneault was >this close< to being fired. I remember him back from when I was a Habs fan in Montreal. Didn't do much to impress me then. Of course all I know of Quenneville is what I'd heard from Pierre, but Pierre knows everything.

Khabibulin was showing some signs of "slowing down" in the middle of that series, and Kiprusoff was not very good. Throw in their top three defensemen either playing hurt or getting knocked out and is it any wonder that the Hawks won? I believe Vancouver will be a much, much tougher opponent.

On the other hand, can you ignore the rust factor? Bobby Lou better play lights out in game one because I think his team-mates may take a little time to warm up.

Prags, I gave Viggy and Q 'even' grades because Alain not only did not get fired, he got his team to the top of the their Division. Not too shabby.

Vigneault is a better coach now than when he was in Montreal.

As an aside, Quenneville IMHO should be a Jack Adams candidate.

Of course Vancouver will be a tougher opponent for Chicago...no question.

Chicago will also be a much tougher opponent for the Canucks than were the Blues. Agreed?

IMHO both Kipper and Khabby played extremely well in Games 1 through 4. The goals were more results of defensive lapses and offensive opportunism on both sides.

In 5 and 6 Nik raised his play while Mikka's dropped off.

Nik's 43-save performance last night was nothing short of world-class.

McGuire, as we know, has nothing but contempt for hockey fans, as his anti-fan rant on Team 1200 this morning confirmed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 20]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum