GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round One: Calgary @ Chicago

+13
SensGirl11
Cronie
sennies1980
dennycrane
SensFan71
wprager
LethalLehner
shabbs
beedub
davetherave
caissie_1
asq2
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

POLL: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago

Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_lcap20%Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_lcap20%Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_lcap223%Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_lcap215%Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_lcap246%Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_rcap2 46% [ 6 ]
Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_lcap215%Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's gonna win - how many game - and why?

Ahhhhh!

2Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Again, like I said in the BJs thread, recent history suggests that the 'Hawks may struggle. Is Kane physically ready for the rigours of a 7 game series against a Sutter team?

On paper, I like the Flames. But if Regehr misses time and Phaneuf can't pick up the slack, they'll have trouble. They've definitely been struggling recently. Jokinen is also an unknown.

I think this will be a longer series. Could go either way though.

3Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:41 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Flames in 7. I believe they will turn it around and be a force in the playoffs.

4Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll say the Hawks in 7 bloody, crazy games. I think the Hawks youth will actually serve them this time - and oddly enough, I actually think they have the better goalie in Khabby.

Gonna be crazy though - and I think the winner of this series will be hurt very badly in round 2 because of the physical toll.

5Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:11 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Blackhawks' role players make the difference.

Hawks have swept the Flames this year, and they won't be taking them lightly.

Both teams have great skill levels, are well matched, and well coached.

Eager, Burish, Seabrook, Walker, Ladd, Byfuglien, Johnson all hit, fight, and know how to play.

Jarome Iginla is the ultimate warrior, and the Flames are a proud. experienced team.

It won't be easy...Hawks in 6.

6Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:21 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Despite Khabibulin in nets for the Hawks, Calgary's has so much leadership from Iginla and co, playoff vets, they shall prevail. Flames in 6

7Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Flames in 6! GO FLAMES GO!!!

8Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:41 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Calgary in 6. Nufff said.

9Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hawks in 6, unless Kipper regains the form he had, umm, I can't remember.

10Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:Despite Khabibulin in nets for the Hawks, Calgary's has so much leadership from Iginla and co, playoff vets, they shall prevail. Flames in 6

Calgary certainly hasn't shown that leadership in getting swept by the Hawks this year...nor in losing their once considerable division lead to Vancouver.

In terms of capabilities, Calgary's team D doesn't match Chicago's...among other things.

The Blackhawks have a lot of respect for the Flames...and know what they have to do. That's the reason they've tightened things up and gone 6-0-1 in April, allowing only 9 goals in seven games. You listen to these kids in their interviews...they don't see this as being easy by any means.

Playoff vets? How about Cup winners? Khabby, Pahlsson and Ladd. Which Flames have a ring?

And Jonathan Toews, even at just 20 years old, is no less a leader than Jarome Iginla.

But of course I'm interested to know more about the basis for your prediction... cool)

11Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:14 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

another tough one to predict, but took the underdog in this one as well, Flames in 6, Chicago is good, but am banking on Iginla and Jokinen driving this team far, plus with Cammalleri in a contract year, a chance for him to beef up his offers for July 1st.

12Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:And Jonathan Toews, even at just 20 years old, is no less a leader than Jarome Iginla.

:KJK: That's certainly a high expectation. I don't know that he's at that level yet.

Last edited by asq2 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:50 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

When I look at how this team lost this many games during the regular season, I shrug my shoulders. Yes, so what. Everyone is reset to 0.

Now's the time where Iginla, Jokinen, Regehr and Phaneuf and company put the regular season behind them and focus on what REALLY matters to them, that's winning in the playoffs.

IMO Kiprusoff will be a' cookin!!

14Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

[quote="asq2"]
davetherave wrote:
beedub wrote:And Jonathan Toews, even at just 20 years old, is no less a leader than Jarome Iginla.

:KJK: That's certainly a high expectation. I don't know that he's at that level yet.

Toews isn't at Iginla's level as a player yet...few are...agreed?

But as a leader, Jonathan Toews is every bit the driving force by example, for his team, that Iggy is for the Flames.

15Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Empty Re: Round One: Calgary @ Chicago Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:03 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="davetherave"]
asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
beedub wrote:And Jonathan Toews, even at just 20 years old, is no less a leader than Jarome Iginla.

Toews isn't at Iginla's level as a player yet...few are...agreed?

But as a leader, Jonathan Toews is every bit the driving force by example, for his team, that Iggy is for the Flames.

WTF, I never said Jothan Toews is no less a leader than Iginla.

Not too many players in this league are better leaders than Iginla

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum