GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010

+15
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
beedub
caissie_1
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
pegsensfan
stempniaksen
Ev
Riprock
SensHulk
PTFlea
TheAvatar
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Ottawa @ Vancouver, March 13, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap244%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's hard to find any positives right now. I'm nervous this is a turning point in our season, we haven't played well for 6 of 7 games (or around that) and that's a playoff round exit.

For this team to get back on track, they'll not only have to play as a cohesive unit, but they'll have to start to figure out how to score consistently- and big time and early in games.

If that mean shifting the lines around BIG time, then so be it, this no scoring thing needs to end.

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:It's hard to find any positives right now. I'm nervous this is a turning point in our season, we haven't played well for 6 of 7 games (or around that) and that's a playoff round exit.

For this team to get back on track, they'll not only have to play as a cohesive unit, but they'll have to start to figure out how to score consistently- and big time and early in games.

If that mean shifting the lines around BIG time, then so be it, this no scoring thing needs to end.

The way I see it is you're right about us needing to play as a cohesive unit. I think the Olympics kind of messed that up, as did new additions to the team. I'm not saying additions were bad, just that it will take time for them to find the chemistry, and learn Clouston's system.

What I see as the problem with Fisher and Kovalev is actually Regin. I love Regin, even thought of changing my handle to one based on Regin, but i think that feature has been disabled. But that's neither here nor there. I say the problem is with Regin because I think Foligno fits better on that line. Regin plays well, and has good chemistry with Kovalev, but not at all with Fisher. Foligno on the other hand has good chemistry with both of them, and is a player that is big enough to fight and win battles along the boards in the offensive zone. Since Foligno's injury, our cycle has taken a big hit, and that was a system that produced a lot offense by tiring out the opposition's D.

I'm just hoping this game on Tuesday will be a game where we all come together again. I'm not worried yet. I'm getting there. Our team mentality is still there, and that shows fight and heart. They are making mistakes, but I trust those can be remedied. The time to be worried is coming, but not here yet. But that's my assessment.

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Was there a question or comment there, Tuk, or are you just hilighting the ignore feature?

I think he was jokingly implying that he was the one person you had ignored.

Of course it's also possible that you saw this and you were acknowledging him, thus asserting that he was in fact not the person on the ignore list. If this is the case, then this post is completely useless, but at least it's not fluff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:

The way I see it is you're right about us needing to play as a cohesive unit. I think the Olympics kind of messed that up, as did new additions to the team. I'm not saying additions were bad, just that it will take time for them to find the chemistry, and learn Clouston's system.

What I see as the problem with Fisher and Kovalev is actually Regin. I love Regin, even thought of changing my handle to one based on Regin, but i think that feature has been disabled. But that's neither here nor there. I say the problem is with Regin because I think Foligno fits better on that line. Regin plays well, and has good chemistry with Kovalev, but not at all with Fisher. Foligno on the other hand has good chemistry with both of them, and is a player that is big enough to fight and win battles along the boards in the offensive zone. Since Foligno's injury, our cycle has taken a big hit, and that was a system that produced a lot offense by tiring out the opposition's D.

I'm just hoping this game on Tuesday will be a game where we all come together again. I'm not worried yet. I'm getting there. Our team mentality is still there, and that shows fight and heart. They are making mistakes, but I trust those can be remedied. The time to be worried is coming, but not here yet. But that's my assessment.

I like your assessment on Regin, he's like Cullen, he'll gladly play the wing, but he's much more effective as a center IMO. Fisher needs Kovalev to survive, but they need that third player in there - and as of now it's not Regin. I would say that you're also right about Foligno, he can be a more effective LW on that line for sure. Or Michalek with Foligno going up with Alfredsson and Spezza.

Then the third line is still excellent with Cullen centering Regin and Shannon (sorry Regin, we need to do this to you right now), then obviously Neil, Kelly and Ruutu. HOWEVER, I'm completely open to any changes Clouston feels needed - don't worry Clouston, now's the time to get them in an offensive rhythm and then try to 'lock' the lines for the last 15 + playoffs.

I think the ball needs to be handed to Elliott (it will be) and the Sens need to stick to the game plan - although, this time, the game plan needs to be changes to a more aggressive offensive attack. Yes, we'll give up chances, but we have to trust Elliott. This is as much about Elliott helping our offense as anything else. We need to trust that he'll bail us out until we start to score and he needs to realize that we're doing it to try to get him some run support.

Needless to say, Tuesday's game is a BIG one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I fluff, therefore I am.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:It's hard to find any positives right now. I'm nervous this is a turning point in our season, we haven't played well for 6 of 7 games (or around that) and that's a playoff round exit.

I pray everyday we get NJ in the 1st round GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 489887

They're as bad as us as far as last 10 games are concerned I think.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:

I would say the problem with FIsher and Kovalev, and actually the entire forward corps, is that they have to dangle 2-3 guys to enter the zone because our transition game is awful at centre ice.
When are Kuba and Campoli back?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:

I pray everyday we get NJ in the 1st round GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 10 489887

Agreed, but things can change with them pretty quick. Kovalchuk may one day remember who he is and Brodeur can steal a series and put us out on our arse.

Right now there isn't really a good matchup - except for Buffalo.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I fluff, therefore I am.

Fluffito ergo sum??

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

CAn be applied to us too. Don't know if you agree with me, but Alfie is playing his worst hockey since december 2006...
Come playoff time, he'll be absolutely on fire IMO. Same with Kovalev.
What we need is Campoli and Kuba, I'm nearly 100% sure of that. Because right now, we have 1 PMD, 3 shutdown, 1 kinda in between and a Front Bum.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:CAn be applied to us too. Don't know if you agree with me, but Alfie is playing his worst hockey since december 2006...
Come playoff time, he'll be absolutely on fire IMO. Same with Kovalev.
What we need is Campoli and Kuba, I'm nearly 100% sure of that. Because right now, we have 1 PMD, 3 shutdown, 1 kinda in between and a Front Bum.

Campoli might take out Carkner for a while to be honest. Carkner hasn't been good for a while now, but Clouston may ride Carkner and just insert Kuba in for Lee - which is a MASSIVE upgrade. Things might get better then, although I've found Kuba to be underwhelming almost all year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PS, Spezza's goal got lost in the crap that was the rest of the Canucks
game. What a goal, Dung.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yep total beauty. Spezza has been fairly good since his comeback. Maturity is huge right now. Look at his reaction after the goal. More impressive than the goal itself IMO.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:PS, Spezza's goal got lost in the crap that was the rest of the Canucks
game. What a goal, Dung.

Anyone watch that goal and get reminded of another guy who used to wear #19?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Campoli might be available to play tomorrow according to Clouston:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/100315_Clouston.mp3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

Agreed, but things can change with them pretty quick. Kovalchuk may one day remember who he is and Brodeur can steal a series and put us out on our arse.

Right now there isn't really a good matchup - except for Buffalo.

i disagree. we could possibly go back up to 3rd and MTL climb up to 6th. that for me would be a dream come true. as much as the habs are winning right now, i bet they can lose it all once come the playoffs.

one thing i've learned from living in MTL is that this team year after year is a complete gong show. anything can happen.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's how I want things to finish:

1-WAS
2-PIT
3-OTT
4-NJD
5-BUF
6-MTL
7-PHI
8-NYR/BOS

Washington vs NYR or Boston would be great...NYR almost upset the Cpas last season and they would be looking for revenge

Pitt vs Philly- rematch of last year, 2 bitter rivals

Ott vs MTL- rivals and Canadian matchup

NJD vs Buffalo- Miller vs Brodeur

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:
wprager wrote:I fluff, therefore I am.

Fluffito ergo sum??

We should totally get tee-shirts with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum