GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010

+15
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
beedub
caissie_1
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
pegsensfan
stempniaksen
Ev
Riprock
SensHulk
PTFlea
TheAvatar
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Ottawa @ Vancouver, March 13, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap233%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap244%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Meh, I had no problem with his posts.

You're clearly in the minority then^^. I don't think I've ever - any of his posts (may be 1 or 2) so imagine how many people gave him - 51...

Most of those came in bunches, though, and probably about half of them from one person.

Clover had some decent insights and some connections. It's too bad his bad far outweighed his good. Pretty much cynical about everything and everyone connected with the Sens. Maybe he is a disgruntled Leafs fan -- or is that name calling?

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm not sure this site should be banning people-it already has a pretty small population that consistently contributes. There is the ignore option if you really can't stand someone. Banning just seems like censorship to me but alas, it's not my site.

If volchenkov want's more than 4 million I will pack his bags for him. Sign Michalek at 2.5 to be a shutdown with Phillips and spend the rest on Fedotenko to play the wing with Spezza and Michalek.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Censorship is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient to the government or media organizations as determined by a censor.

Clover got banned, not censored; not that that's a point worth arguing. By your own admission, this site cannot afford to lose too many people, so it's hard to argue that this somehow benefits GMHockey.com. As SD said, a number of people (6?) asked for him to be removed. Although that hardly constitutes a majority, that is an alarmingly high number.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

111519 wrote:I'm not sure this site should be banning people-it already has a pretty small population that consistently contributes. There is the ignore option if you really can't stand someone. Banning just seems like censorship to me but alas, it's not my site.

If volchenkov want's more than 4 million I will pack his bags for him. Sign Michalek at 2.5 to be a shutdown with Phillips and spend the rest on Fedotenko to play the wing with Spezza and Michalek.

from the way SD sounded most of those people asked last night let alone how many times he may have been previously asked

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:The good news is that they had to get a couple of bad games out of the way. Today was great because everyone was BAD at the same time (except for Leclaire who was quite good). Now, they're ready to be all good at the same time. I think that we should give Alfie a few games off; well maybe not right now but maybe we let him sit out 3-5 games in the last 10 of the season ...

I don't think he'll sit even if you give him double salary^^.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't have any problems with the numbers of members in here. In fact I like it better, I don't want this site to be a new HFBoards with half good posters and half douchebags with close to 0 insight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

knew not to watch the game last night... saw this coming a mile away.

as per the banning, i like having different opinion on hockey forums. so what we don't agree on everything. do we really just want to be patting eachother's back?

i didn't agree with most of what he said but i respected his opinion. and that respect that is sometimes lacking on this site is what i find regretable. will i be the next one to get banned?
jeez.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:knew not to watch the game last night... saw this coming a mile away.

as per the banning, i like having different opinion on hockey forums. so what we don't agree on everything. do we really just want to be patting eachother's back?

i didn't agree with most of what he said but i respected his opinion. and that respect that is sometimes lacking on this site is what i find regretable. will i be the next one to get banned?
jeez.

There's a lot of reasons why people didn't want him to be here, and I don't think difference in opinions was at the top of the list.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:knew not to watch the game last night... saw this coming a mile away.

jeez.

differing opinions wasn't the problem but without being completely disrespectful is that was one thing he didn't do. obviously we all aren't going to agree that is an inevitability but to intellectually try and back up your point with out resulting to name calling and disrespect is the big problem i had with him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, sorry it had to be done, but there were people after me for months, last night was the most times I've gotten PMs complaining about one poster. It's funny (actually not funny at all), but I've read his comments more than once and found them to be less controversial than usual, but it hit a mark with the people here last night - and again, there have been many, many, many instances of complaints.

It's not like the people on here need to hear these things sugar coated, but they definitely had issues with Cloverleaf.

I respect your opinion 111519 and I agree - to an extent. When the % of people is that high - and they're some of your best posters, eventually you have no choice but to listen to the mass populace. Our member base is small by choice, we review each new member to try to being you guys the best forum, it'll be a sad day if we ever revert back to letting anyone on IMO (we won't).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jeez.

I would literally PM you and tell you person to person if you were getting three or four complaints a night, so no worry there. In fact, there's no one else who even gets complaints.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

just saying that the times i did come on here, the name calling was on both front. and it more often then not starts on a difference of opinion related to hockey.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jeez.

I actually didn't mind most of his opinions. It's the in-your face attitude, the constant cynicism (I side with McCartney, not Lennon Smile ) and sarcasm that I found bothersome.

That said, I only have one on the "foe list" (that's what they call the ignore feature) and it's not him.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

jeez.

I actually didn't mind most of his opinions. It's the in-your face attitude, the constant cynicism (I side with McCartney, not Lennon Smile ) and sarcasm that I found bothersome.

That said, I only have one on the "foe list" (that's what they call the ignore feature) and it's not him.

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Vancouver Canucks – 10:00PM EST, Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Page 9 555492

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was there a question or comment there, Tuk, or are you just hilighting the ignore feature?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's hard to find any positives right now. I'm nervous this is a turning point in our season, we haven't played well for 6 of 7 games (or around that) and that's a playoff round exit.

For this team to get back on track, they'll not only have to play as a cohesive unit, but they'll have to start to figure out how to score consistently- and big time and early in games.

If that mean shifting the lines around BIG time, then so be it, this no scoring thing needs to end.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:It's hard to find any positives right now. I'm nervous this is a turning point in our season, we haven't played well for 6 of 7 games (or around that) and that's a playoff round exit.

For this team to get back on track, they'll not only have to play as a cohesive unit, but they'll have to start to figure out how to score consistently- and big time and early in games.

If that mean shifting the lines around BIG time, then so be it, this no scoring thing needs to end.

The way I see it is you're right about us needing to play as a cohesive unit. I think the Olympics kind of messed that up, as did new additions to the team. I'm not saying additions were bad, just that it will take time for them to find the chemistry, and learn Clouston's system.

What I see as the problem with Fisher and Kovalev is actually Regin. I love Regin, even thought of changing my handle to one based on Regin, but i think that feature has been disabled. But that's neither here nor there. I say the problem is with Regin because I think Foligno fits better on that line. Regin plays well, and has good chemistry with Kovalev, but not at all with Fisher. Foligno on the other hand has good chemistry with both of them, and is a player that is big enough to fight and win battles along the boards in the offensive zone. Since Foligno's injury, our cycle has taken a big hit, and that was a system that produced a lot offense by tiring out the opposition's D.

I'm just hoping this game on Tuesday will be a game where we all come together again. I'm not worried yet. I'm getting there. Our team mentality is still there, and that shows fight and heart. They are making mistakes, but I trust those can be remedied. The time to be worried is coming, but not here yet. But that's my assessment.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Was there a question or comment there, Tuk, or are you just hilighting the ignore feature?

I think he was jokingly implying that he was the one person you had ignored.

Of course it's also possible that you saw this and you were acknowledging him, thus asserting that he was in fact not the person on the ignore list. If this is the case, then this post is completely useless, but at least it's not fluff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum